You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

90s dance music

Guest L4 Lad

i've been into it since about 93.

essential tracks:

culture beat - mr vain

snap - rhythm is a dancer

livin joy - dreamer

nightcrawlers - push the feelin on

k klass -rhythm is a mystery

reel2reel - i like to move it (for some reason i thought zig and zag were singing this :wallbutt: )

more soon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

essential tracks:

culture beat - mr vain

livin joy - dreamer

reel2reel - i like to move it (for some reason i thought zig and zag were singing this :wallbutt: )

more soon

Gotta say L4, them tracks are pretty gay.

Where is Two Bad Mice, 'Bombscare'. And what about Any hardcore Prodigy?? What's your problem man??

essential tracks:

culture beat - mr vain

livin joy - dreamer

more soon

I can't believe you didn't include Haddaway in there!!????

"What is love" is the godfather of all 90's dance music

saw him live two years ago at a student festival, the crowd went absolutely mental, and good old Haddaway responded accordingly. it was, of course, a kind of ironic cheer from our part, but he didn't seem to mind. apparently he was launching his come-back with a german producer, didn't go too well I guess

anyway, he did "what is love" 3 times in total, as the crowd demanded it, it's the only decent song he had anyway! in the end he started cracking up, he laughed and said "I'm losing my fucking voice man!" but then he just kept on singing coz he was obviously having the time of his life, being a superstar for one night only.

good ol'Haddaway

"rhytm of the night" by Corona is also a classic, we still take the piss out of one of our mates after he thought it was "river of the night"

ok a few more i forgot to enter:

haddaway - what is love

corona - rhythm of the night

real mccoy - another night

strike - u sure do

paul van dyk - lover

real mccoy - runaway

faithless - insomina

Anyone who knows the creators of the people who created these crazy noises is obviously some kind of gaylord. One or two Gary Ablett's and it all sounded like one giant all night record to me. I've never bought a "dance music" record in my life. That was Saturday night fun, my record buying belonged to people who had talent.

I have seen 808 State, N-Joi, Faithless, Leftfield, Orbital and The Orb live though, and all were great, though I think that had more to do with the Gary's than any particular talent.

Gimme Pink Floyd and a giant cone any day.

I have seen 808 State, N-Joi, Faithless, Leftfield, Orbital and The Orb live though, and all were great, though I think that had more to do with the Gary's than any particular talent.

Gimme Pink Floyd and a giant cone any day.

Its a talent if you can make music that fits so well with a drug tho, some of the nights I had were just the best - like you say, I can't really listen to that stuff much now I've retired from the pills - scares the shit of me nowadays.

Some dub and some nice weed do just fine for me.