You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - EFL Cup Final, Sun 25th Feb 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

20 minutes ago, an tha said:

Only thing sadder than the stupid little get is the fact that she probably makes good money off twatter and the absolute fucking weapons who give her a high profile on it.

Think she does more than get her kit off. 

4 hours ago, JustTosh said:

The way I saw it too.

When Kloppo took Robbo, Macca and Gakpo off and replaced them with Tsimikas and kids, I admit my reaction was: "We better score a lucky goal before XT if we're going to win this. If we give Chelsea 30 extra mins we're dead".

Only, they didn't take advantage, we were arguably the better team in XT.  If there's actually such a thing as a Chelsea fan, he or she should be really pissed off by their teams abmyssal effort in XT. Takes nothing away from our kids though.

I read something online somewhere today - mightve been Ian Dennis on the BBC maybe - but whoever it was nailed it from the Chelsea perspective.

Had Virg's first goal stood, and we'd won 1-0 in 90, Chelsea fans could have felt they were a little unlucky but generally feel positive they came out losers of a final they gave their all in and played positively in.

Instead, they lose 1-0 to a Virg goal in 120 where they know they bottled a great opportunity and ultimately gave in passively against a team of mostly kids, letting go of a chance they'll never have again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I read something online somewhere today - mightve been Ian Dennis on the BBC maybe - but whoever it was nailed it from the Chelsea perspective.

Had Virg's first goal stood, and we'd won 1-0 in 90, Chelsea fans could have felt they were a little unlucky but generally feel positive they came out lovers of a final they gave they're all in and played positively in.

Instead, they lose 1-0 to a Virg goal in 120 where they know they bottled a great opportunity and ultimately gave in passively against a team of mostly kids, letting go of a chance they'll never have again.

I still cannot believe their manager admitted they played for penalties.

When we had 5 kids on the pitch in ET.

He deserves sack just for that.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

He was a stupid cunt like he is most of the time. The chance for Diaz, Gakpo hitting the post, Gakpo shooting over from a good position, Virgil's disallowed goal, Elliott hitting the side netting, Elliott forcing a brilliant save, Danns's header that was tipped over and then the goal. 

What the fuck does "should have put it to bed" mean? Was he fucking blind when Kelleher made all those brilliant saves? 

The stupid idiot. 

May I suggest you change your username?!

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I didn't realise how close it was. The ITV highlights showed it in more detail than Sky did.

IMG_20240226_170622.jpg

IMG_20240226_170649.jpg

I'm still not sure I can really tell what happened.  3 of the replay angles look like it hits the post, one looks like it was saved, this still looks like a save behind the line. I was sure it was in at least twice at the time.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I'm still not sure I can really tell what happened.  3 of the replay angles look like it hits the post, one looks like it was saved, this still looks like a save behind the line. I was sure it was in at least twice at the time.

It was a save just on the line, then there was a mad scramble when Danns tried to bundle the rebound in.

49 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We’ll never know if Colwill would’ve got there or make the header more difficult for VVD or if the outcome would have been any different. 

I don’t agree with the decision, I think it was very tenuous,  I agree there is significant inconsistency, Endo was offside when it was taken and he did block Colwill. 

Colwill wouldn't because he didn't make any effort to get past endo, he just let him block him imo. But it's beside the point anyway. If the refs are going to going to give that, they'd rule out over 50% of set pieces. You say yourself we'll never know if colwill would have got back to put pressure on vvd. So in which case it just doesn't matter what endo did, because the one thing is, it isn't is a clear or obvious mistake from the referee, so the VAR shouldn't even be involved. The onfield decision was a goal. Anything after that doesn't reach the bar they set themselves for interfering. The whole fucking thing is ruining football. 

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

We had a great view. 100% it was a save. Although honestly I was convinced it had to be in so behind the line was the keeper. 

2 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Did anyone else think that Harvey's headed chance at the far post in extra time went in, it clipped the post? I was jumping around the living room like an idiot. It was very close though!

I owe Danns an apology on that move too. I initially thought he missed a sitter on the rebound but it was actually very good defending from Chelsea, chucking bodies in the way to make sure that Danns just couldn’t get his leg extended to make the necessary contact with the ball. 

That Astrid Wett is a desperate fucker. Everything is artificial. Including going the match. She’s not going the match to be a fan. It’s just more performative bollocks. Acting up to the cameras and being OTT fake with the end goal being trying to boost the socials and drive people to her gash flash website. 

A rather sad and desperate existence. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

That Astrid Wett is a desperate fucker. Everything is artificial. Including going the match. She’s not going the match to be a fan. It’s just more performative bollocks. Acting up to the cameras and being OTT fake with the end goal being trying to boost the socials and drive people to her gash flash website. 

A rather sad and desperate existence. 

Sad moose.

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Colwill wouldn't because he didn't make any effort to get past endo, he just let him block him imo. But it's beside the point anyway. If the refs are going to going to give that, they'd rule out over 50% of set pieces. You say yourself we'll never know if colwill would have got back to put pressure on vvd. So in which case it just doesn't matter what endo did, because the one thing is, it isn't is a clear or obvious mistake from the referee, so the VAR shouldn't even be involved. The onfield decision was a goal. Anything after that doesn't reach the bar they set themselves for interfering. The whole fucking thing is ruining football. 

I’m not sure why you keep coming back at me on this. I’ve said twice I thought it should have stood.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m not sure why you keep coming back at me on this. I’ve said twice I thought it should have stood.

Oh come on Scott, give it a rest man. It was a good goal. Shouldn't have been disallowed. I dunno what you were watching.

33 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

I owe Danns an apology on that move too. I initially thought he missed a sitter on the rebound but it was actually very good defending from Chelsea, chucking bodies in the way to make sure that Danns just couldn’t get his leg extended to make the necessary contact with the ball. 

I’m sure he doesn’t bare grudges.