You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Leicester 2-0 vs Southampton.

They look like they'll be back up.

Should offer more of a challenge than the current three.

They should, unfortunately they'll arrive with either a points deduction in place or one hanging over their heads.

Oh hey, another team just totally throwing in the towel against Arsenal, shocker.

5 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Leicester 2-0 vs Southampton.

They look like they'll be back up.

Should offer more of a challenge than the current three.

They couldn't challenge Everton though could they, the fucking nobheads.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LFC 6 Times said:

It feels like we have even less than 5% chance. Of course we blew it and now we have some shit no mark cunt manager to look forward to. Covid robbed us of even celebrating properly. Cunt game.

We're 5/1. Arsenal 9/4. City 8/11. I think I'd have us a bit wider than fives but it isn't a mile off. 

We're basically hoping Tottenham have two really good games, and one shit one against us.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

We're 5/1. Arsenal 9/4. City 8/11. I think I'd have us a bit wider than fives but it isn't a mile off. 

We're basically hoping Tottenham have two really good games, and one shit one against us.

Villa is the dodgy one for me.

I think if we win the five games we have a huge chance because I think Spurs will take points of one, but possibly both Arsenal and City.

Anything is possible until it’s mathematically impossible. 

But, I've made peace with it all. It’s not worth the personal and emotional investment anymore. We’ve been robbed of a few titles before this season. We can add another one to the list following one of, if not the most, ridiculous refereeing decisions ever seen in the Spurs away game. Which was just one of many against us. 

Life goes on. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Villa is the dodgy one for me.

I think if we win the five games we have a huge chance because I think Spurs will take points of one, but possibly both Arsenal and City.

Yeah, the truth is I don't think we'll win all five games, I think City probably will, and Arsenal won't but it'll be irrelevant to us.

It's been an odd season to get us to this position. At the start of the year very few expected we'd challenge at all. Then we did but with an unsustainable amount of late goals which probably flattered our overall ability. Injuries and abysmal refereeing have gone against us far more than our rivals. Yet now the feeling, having got ourselves into such a good position, is one of disappointment having pissed it away with atrocious displays against United and Palace. 

Had we started the season in poor form, and then massively improved results wise towards the end of the season to narrowly miss out on the title (basically reversing our season) the emotion would be completely different. Understandably so I guess, but it does also show the last thing is basically the thing we remember. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

But, I've made peace with it all. It’s not worth the personal and emotional investment anymore. We’ve been robbed of a few titles before this season. We can add another one to the list following one of, if not the most, ridiculous refereeing decisions ever seen in the Spurs away game. Which was just one of many against us. 

Life goes on. 

Spurs, City and Arsenal. Awful. 

Boil it down to the city pen and we’re way clear of everyone.

But we still blew it.

12 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

It feels like we have even less than 5% chance. Of course we blew it and now we have some shit no mark cunt manager to look forward to. Covid robbed us of even celebrating properly. Cunt game.

Yeah....just unreal that. 30 fucking years, 30 fucking years....Watching the mancs dominate for 20 of them, watching fucking Blackburn and Leicester win it.

Seeing abu dhabi buy it - getting 97 pts and it not being enough.

Rarely looking like we could win it bar the odd near miss, the heartbreak of 2014...

Then we put together almost a perfect season and were running away with it  - set to end that 30 year bastard wait and remove the weight it was on us - and bang a fucking once in a lifetime pandemic shuts the world down and the season down for 3 months and we return to wrap up winning the title in empty stadiums and receive trophy in an empty stadium.

The players deserved better, the manager deserved better and us fans deserved better - but there we were finally champions, but no proper celebration, no parade - no special moments between players and fans and all associated with club in celebrating and experiencing finally, fucking finally getting back on our perch.

I know there was a bigger thing happening in world with a pandemic - but fuck me how unlucky are we - to finally be there and then wallop an unprecedented and likely never to be seen again in our lifetmes event hits.

It left a real mark on me and i know others feel same.

Yes there are bigger and more important things, but it just felt and still does feel sore. That title win should have been magnificent we should have had weeks and weeks of knowing it was won and revelling in it week after week building to the crescendo of finally getting our hands on it.....What we got instead was a damp squib after weeks and weeks of uncertainty that the season would even be completed and of course loads of shite about null and void etc...In all honesty it didn't feel right.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Life goes on. 

Agreed, I made my peace after the United game in all honesty, I don't see us winning the league as I simply don't see us managing to see the next 5 games out as wins, at this point it is what it is though and given I didn't expect us to be anywhere near a title challenge this season we've probably overachieved in my eyes.