You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's strange how quickly Arsenal have been installed as Kings of football. 

Individually they're good, but nothing special. Rice and Saliba the ones knocking on the world class level, the rest are very good players.  

I think they push their luck with physicality in this league, whereas against Porto they committed 22 fouls.  I think PL refs treat them very favourably. 

Odegaard is world class. Martinelli is knocking on the door as well. All the talent if he stays consistent. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Odegaard is world class. Martinelli is knocking on the door as well. All the talent if he stays consistent. 

I'm not sure about Odegaard and what his level is. He's not as good as Ozil, or Foden, but is he a 10 or a really attacking 8? 

Martinelli or Saka don't score enough in big games to be in the world class bracket. 

Just now, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm not sure about Odegaard and what his level is. He's not as good as Ozil, or Foden, but is he a 10 or a really attacking 8? 

Martinelli or Saka don't score enough in big games to be in the world class bracket. 

Other than De Bruyne, Odegaard would be the player in the league I’d most love at Anfield. He’s a superb player. 

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Be a shame of Martinelli was badly injured 

They have Brentford this coming weekend and Porto at home on Tuesday before the international break, even if they got some injuries to key players now it'd just be a ripe time to keep them away from their national teams and have them well rested and ready to go once league games resume.

Some of the comments in this thread resemble ones from fans of other clubs when they're irrationally rooting for City to win the title over us.

It's not as if they're a Cinderella story or anything, they've spent a lot of money, but their possible success makes fans of other clubs insecure, like our success does/has.

Really no need for it. They're a very good team and they've done a very good job getting to this point. All there is to it.

• Upvote 1

It’s amazing what beating us does for teams. We got beat at Old Trafford last year & the mancs went on a run. We get beat at the Emirates this year & look at Arsenal.  Suddenly the best team ever.  Must be due a few injuries soon. 

36 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Always amazes me that opposing managers don’t target Odegaard for some, ahem, close attention. He’s the man who makes them tick, stop him, you go a long way to nullifying their threat. 

41 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Arsenal are due some injuries. After this they might have a full squad available apart from that Timber fella.

Barely had any injuries to key players since the start of last season. 

4 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Always amazes me that opposing managers don’t target Odegaard for some, ahem, close attention. He’s the man who makes them tick, stop him, you go a long way to nullifying their threat. 

I reckon Franck will at the weekend. He's done it before with De Bruyne for Man City - just man marked him and nullified City.

The difference is telling, no way will they be able to keep this up all season.

Seven players with more than 1980 minutes in the league, we only have Van Dijk with that many minutes. 

IMG_0151.jpeg

IMG_0153.jpeg

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Pete said:

It’s amazing what beating us does for teams. We got beat at Old Trafford last year & the mancs went on a run. We get beat at the Emirates this year & look at Arsenal.  Suddenly the best team ever.  Must be due a few injuries soon. 

Arsenal are no great shakes. We should have beat them at Anfield and an under strength side were doing fine until we gave them a gift.

We gave them a lift before an easy run of fixtures.

On sunday we simply have to go out and out run city for 90 minutes, get in their faces and put them under pressure. 

just 90 minutes of focus and energy and desire

28 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Arsenal are no great shakes. We should have beat them at Anfield and an under strength side were doing fine until we gave them a gift.

We gave them a lift before an easy run of fixtures.

On sunday we simply have to go out and out run city for 90 minutes, get in their faces and put them under pressure. 

just 90 minutes of focus and energy and desire

You’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Arsenal are really good. You don’t have to like them of course, none of us here do, but they’re contenders. 

History has proved time and time again that you can't win the league with a bad goalkeeper. Arsenal have a bad goalkeeper. They also have bad fans, when they're nil nil after 55 minutes at home they will spread anxiety to the pitch. They're a good team but they won't win the league.