You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister

El Rojo

21 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

One of my favourite liverpool moments that goal!

One of mine as well. Not only the reaction in the away end & players, it also propelled us towards the Treble.

Pretty sure we lost to Leeds on Good Friday and a draw at Woodison on Easter Monday would have made Leeds favourites / in their hands. Barca at Anfield was the Thursday night.

Without the elation / relief / confidence  that goal gave us, I’m not convinced the rest of the season would have snowballed as it did. 

6 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I suspected this would happen because pretty much everybody was saying it wasn't a red and presumably they know that. They'd have taken far more shit if they'd upheld it. Plus it clearly wasn't a red. 

Exactly this, had there been less of a unanimous consensus that it wasn't a red I think they'd have upheld it but in this instance the best way for them to go was to sweep it under the carpet.

Still will be zero repercussions for the VAR officials(i think the ref can be forgiven for missing it in real time) who chose to not overturn it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Rookie ref makes egregious error. It happens. Experienced ref in VAR with benefit of replays and multiple angles fails to point out the clear and obvious error. Just the latest example of Tierney’s blatant bias. 

I don’t think Tierney is biased. 

I think somebody like Mancony Taylor is biased. Somebody is actually a decent official but is determined to show everybody he’s the fucking boss and will penalise anybody who dares question his authority.

That isn’t Tierney. Tierney is just incompetent. 

2 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

It’s probably been discussed on here to death but why not just send it to a VAR check at the time?

They have the video - think they review it then decide whether to intervene.

So in this instance it is an admission that the VAR official blew it.

Who was that?

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

It’s probably been discussed on here to death but why not just send it to a VAR check at the time?

It was but they just back up the ref.  They should have just asked him to look at it again because he might not have seen it clearly. 

That cunt Tierney shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any of our games for months. He was the appointed mediator with responsibility for overseeing what could be considered harsh decisions. He fucking hates us, that's no secret. Everyone on the planet except that cunt thought it was a poor decision but he sticks with it because the cunt hates us. The fucking prick. Fuck you Tierney you manc cunt. 

21 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

If there's a potential of a red card or a penalty I think the ref should not make an immediate decision. He should do his little monitor sign, walk over and discuss it with his cohorts while watching the replay and come to a consensus.

On a penalty call he has to have already made it. It might work if in those two instances he was watching the same review the VAR official is though.

26 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

That cunt Tierney shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any of our games for months. He was the appointed mediator with responsibility for overseeing what could be considered harsh decisions. He fucking hates us, that's no secret. Everyone on the planet except that cunt thought it was a poor decision but he sticks with it because the cunt hates us. The fucking prick. Fuck you Tierney you manc cunt. 

Would you like a Smint?

• Haha 1