You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (A) - Sat 11th Mar 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, Mook said:

You could see that result coming a mile off.

I'll be glad to see the back of that fucking away jersey too. I make that 5 defeats & 1 draw in it.

Absolutely pathetic after last week & I'll need to avoid social media for a few days as well, for the good of my health.

Funnily enough (well not funny) I said to a mate on Thursday we'll lose to Bournemouth beat City, Chelsea, Arse and draw with Fulham in between all of that.  I was probably optimistic with the wins.

Just now, J-V said:

Funnily enough (well not funny) I said to a mate on Thursday we'll lose to Bournemouth beat City, Chelsea, Arse and draw with Fulham in between all of that.  I was probably optimistic with the wins.

Wouldn’t surprise me. All the attitude boys will be up for the big games.

36 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Honestly this team is finished now and i think they all know it.

Its a mad thing to say based on where we were 12 months ago, but there's obviously something wrong.  

I don't like Van Dijk. 

I get bully vibes off him, and I'm not sure he's the leader we all think he is.  He seems to moan and shout a lot during games but there isn't a response from anyone.  

#negs

36 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

In our heart of hearts I think we all expected that. Been smelling ourselves all week after battering united. Early kick off against a shit team. Of course we were going to go to dogshit. 

There were 2/3 seasons that we weren’t doing that, but it’s beginning to look like an aberration now in the pattern of the last 33 years. 

Nunez is very good, but a proven, world class winner like Sadio Mane has been a huge loss in terms of setting standards, and Wijnaldum was never properly replaced either.

• Upvote 2

It was infuriating that on a clearly heavy pitch we kept playing slow underhit passes for the whole 90 minutes. There was no adapting to conditions at all and we kept giving the ball away by playing the ball short.

It's literally the sort of stuff I talk to my kids about when they have the odd game on grass away from the 4G.

There was a complete lack of width too and barely any switching of play all game. We were just way too easy to play against.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Yeah, we are definitely paying the price.

I know mate, but it is what it is. 
Bellingham in the summer is what we can realistically expect. 
It amazes me the entitlement and spoiled nature of our fans at times. We don’t have oil money. Calm the fuck down.  

3 minutes ago, joeyk said:

Bellingham in the summer is what we can realistically expect. 

Come on, you said it yourself we don't have oil money, we have owners with the tightest arses in the western hemisphere, we're unlikely to get CL, and you still think we'll sign Bellingham?

Unless you mean Jobe, I can't see it!

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Come on, you said it yourself we don't have oil money, we have owners with the tightest arses in the western hemisphere, we're unlikely to get CL, and you still think we'll sign Bellingham?

Unless you mean Jobe, I can't see it!

I think he wants the move to us. We’ll see. 
if not. Fuck him. 

Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve scored s shitload of goals and i’ve ended up thinking that I wish we’d have saved a couple for the next game. 
I thought we’d got away from these results, especially over recent seasons, but this season we’ve returned to slipping up against dross.

So frustrating.

Do you know what, if we don't get in the top 4 then it'll serve the owners and the players right. The owners don't deserve the windfall and the players don't deserve to play in the prestige games.

We'll get all this patter about needing to be in the CL to fund the big deals and attract the big players, but we know they won't fucking spend anyway so, as fans, it's no skin off our nose.

• Upvote 2

We've lost to the bottom team,  at the time of playing them, twice! That's outrageously poor.

What's most frustrating is that we have missed miltiple absolute sitters in both and we're nearly a goal down per game compared to last season. So that would suggest we're not that bad defensively, but our relentless profligacy, baring Bourne and united at home, in front of goal is what's killing us.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

We've lost to the bottom team,  at the time of playing them, twice! That's outrageously poor.

What's most frustrating is that we have missed miltiple absolute sitters in both and we're nearly a goal down per game compared to last season. So that would suggest we're not that bad defensively, but our relentless profligacy, baring Bourne and united at home, in front of goal is what's killing us.

We’re absolutely terrible defensively. Bournemouth could easily have scored a couple more today. Wolves that can’t score at all scored three against us, could have had more. Many games have been like that.

We’re worse than Brentford, Southampton and West Ham in the XGC table.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Nothings changed the team needs an overhaul, its capable when it wants to be but has completely lost the hunger. If a fights on it can't be arsed.

Yet despite that we'll probably have a go against Chelsea, Arsenal and Citeh in the next 3 games. Not saying we'll win them, but we'll look arsed.

Then we'll play someone like Leeds and become the mentality midgets again!

27 minutes ago, Turkish Delight said:

It was infuriating that on a clearly heavy pitch we kept playing slow underhit passes for the whole 90 minutes. There was no adapting to conditions at all and we kept giving the ball away by playing the ball short.

It's literally the sort of stuff I talk to my kids about when they have the odd game on grass away from the 4G.

There was a complete lack of width too and barely any switching of play all game. We were just way too easy to play against.

Yeah was wrecking my head watching that too.