You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

47 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I’m convinced that Jota injury is on that Cunt Bassey. The tackle on Jota that led to the goal. He was clipped from behind and as he fell to the floor Bassey then went into him and deliberately fell, knees first onto the side of Jota’s lower legs. It wouldn’t surprise me if that twisted his hip. 

Not a very Happy Tuesday. He falls like a melon, he's twisted his hip, man.

Every game we play sees one of our players picking up an injury that sees them subbed early or keeps them out afterwards. Meanwhile Arsenal never seem to pick up injuries, yet everyone they play has key players missing.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

We need to get rid of all these sicknotes

Jota is a great finisher but its getting ridiculous having all these injury players in the squad taking up squad places and big wages. 

Calm down, Rishi.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

2 weeks out with a hip niggle. Our medical team need canning.

Speaking ahead of the Merseyside derby, Klopp said Jota is now set for a two-week absence as a result. "Diogo scored the goal, felt a little bit and now we found out it's a little bit more," Klopp told reporters.

"So he will be out for two weeks. Besides that, no [other new injury concerns]. I cannot really say a lot about it, to be honest. Before which game where he didn't start, he got a knock – normal challenge, then felt a little bit at the hip.

"That was then fine because we didn't start him, brought him on, that was alright. Then he started the last game, was obviously OK and then with the finish… it's a small one but we are late in the season, so obviously now it's not a great moment for each injury pretty much.

"It's not a big one. When I say two weeks, actually really it's pretty much nothing but enough to not be available."

Inject him with cortisone / glue / heroin.

With or without consent.

If he's truly injured again fuck him, get rid. I'm sick of this guy constantly injured while we are forever saying we miss Jota so bad things would of been so different if he'd been available, it's every bastard year all the time. Sell him, what's the point we keep having  to use Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo constantly they couldn't hit a cow on the arse with a banjo. You can't carry 3 forwards who are shit at shooting and one who is constantly unavailable probably sat on his arse too much playing fifa. Damn it's frustrating. I know it's not his fault but you can't plan around this guy as he gets older he's going to be more Thiago like.

10 hours ago, an tha said:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/conor-bradley-and-diogo-jota-fitness-latest

If Jota comes back (not that it matters now like) in the 2 week original stated absence i'll eat my hat....

I'm past the point of caring now. All we'll be doing is getting Jota match fit for Portugal. We can get 1 point from 3 games without these two. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm past the point of caring now. All we'll be doing is getting Jota match fit for Portugal. We can get 1 point from 3 games without these two. 

We have already secured CL football. 

IMG_0725.jpeg

I wonder if there's a correlation between the kind of poster who sees fit models and actresses on the GF and says "Not for me" and the ones on here who say "Get rid of the made-of-quavers sicknote if he can't play after having an anvil dropped on his head".

TLW - The forum of supermen.

• Downvote 1

Jota's '2 week' injury of course is going to be longer....

Liverpool must check on Virgil van Dijk’s availability for Sunday’s Anfield meeting with Tottenham Hotspur.

Having missed team training this week, the Reds captain could be partially involved today as Jürgen Klopp’s squad prepare for the Premier League clash.

Conor Bradley is back involved after returning to fitness, though Diogo Jota has yet to rejoin the group due to injury.

“Diogo is not in team training yet. Conor is,” Klopp told his pre-match press conference.

“Virgil wasn’t the whole week yet, probably part of parts of team training today. So we have to see what we can do there.

“That’s it.”

36 minutes ago, an tha said:

Jota's '2 week' injury of course is going to be longer....

Liverpool must check on Virgil van Dijk’s availability for Sunday’s Anfield meeting with Tottenham Hotspur.

Having missed team training this week, the Reds captain could be partially involved today as Jürgen Klopp’s squad prepare for the Premier League clash.

Conor Bradley is back involved after returning to fitness, though Diogo Jota has yet to rejoin the group due to injury.

“Diogo is not in team training yet. Conor is,” Klopp told his pre-match press conference.

“Virgil wasn’t the whole week yet, probably part of parts of team training today. So we have to see what we can do there.

“That’s it.”

Id be shocked if he makes the last game, reckon he'll fully be in protect himself for the Euros mode at this point.

2 hours ago, Dapower said:

Waste of fucking time these lot good job we ain’t involved in this title because these players can’t stay fucking fit and then take forever to come back 

Then when they do come back it's either for 2-3 games before they're fucked again or they take 6 months to learn how to play football again.

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

They're all in National Team mode now. 

I wonder if a few of them have been a for a while, and if it's impacted our run in. 

Salah going to Afcon absolutely fucked us.

Aye, I suspect that a few have had their minds on it for a number of weeks now, thought to myself when the Jota news came out and Klopp said it was barely anything(obviously he has a history of massively underplaying Injuries mind), my first thought was bet we won't see Jota again this season because he'll be set on making sure he's 100% for the euros.