You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

2 hours ago, Code said:

Getting better, scored in as many PL games as he’s got booked in now, 8 out of 25 PL games he has played.

Scored a goal in his last three PL games now, may it long continue. 

He's not "getting better". He's been fucking boss for ages but when you base your opinions entirely on what a spreadsheet is telling you then you're going to have a flawed view of things.

What has been happening lately is what was always going to happen if he carried on doing the things he was doing. 

You're still only seeing the crescent.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, dave u said:

He's not "getting better". He's been fucking boss for ages but when you base your opinions entirely on what a spreadsheet is telling you then you're going to have a flawed view of things.

What has been happening lately is what was always going to happen if he carried on doing the things he was doing. 

You're still only seeing the crescent.

He’s not been fucking boss, he still misses loads of chances, but I can forgive that as long as he score the odd goal. 

Its great that he finally has got something that can look like a run of goals, lets hope it continues. 

But last time he scored three games in a row, he went 12 games without scoring, just saying.

IMG_0154.jpeg

Another thing Ive not really thought about before, but that I notice now, is that since 24.september when he scored against West Ham who are 7th, the quality of the teams Nunez score against usually is pretty poor. 

26.10 Toulouse (10th Ligue 1)
29.10 Nottingham F (17th)

01.11 Bournemouth (13th)

26.12 Burnley (19th)

21.01 Bournemouth (13th) - (two goals)

28.01 Norwich (7th Championship)

10.02 Burnley (19th)

17.02 Brentford (15th)

02.03 Nottingham F (17th)

Out of his 10 PL goals, 7 of them have been scored against Burnley (19th), Nottingham F (17th), Brentford (15th) and Bournemouth (13th). 

8 minutes ago, Code said:

Another thing Ive not really thought about before, but that I notice now, is that since 24.september when he scored against West Ham who are 7th, the quality of the teams Nunez score against usually is pretty poor. 

01.11 Bournemouth (13th)

26.12 Burnley (19th)

10.02 Burnley (19th)

17.02 Brentford (15th)

Out of his 10 PL goals, 7 of them have been scored against Burnley (19th), Nottingham F (17th), Brentford (15th) and Bournemouth (13th). 

100% correct data but I would contend these are the clubs that home and away set up not to get beat. Really frustrating to watch and not since Suarez have we had that x factor that can unlock packed defenses 

1 minute ago, clockspeed said:

100% correct data but I would contend these are the clubs that home and away set up not to get beat. Really frustrating to watch and not since Suarez have we had that x factor that can unlock packed defenses 

Woah! You are dismantling Code's 'He's not Salah' argument over Nunez.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Woah! You are dismantling Code's 'He's not Salah' argument over Nunez.

He doesn’t seem to enjoy Nunez scoring goals does he?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Code said:

01.11 Bournemouth (13th)

26.12 Burnley (19th)

10.02 Burnley (19th)

17.02 Brentford (15th)

Wait a minute.  A few weeks ago he was getting shit for now scoring.  Now he's getting shit for scoring against the wrong teams? 

Code. You are one odd fucker. 

• Upvote 1

I hate Nunez scoring against shit teams too. I hate any of our lads that score against shit teams.

I've never watched a single one of Suarez goals against Norwich or Mo's goals against Watford. 

Just the thought ifnthem makes me quite nauseous.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Wait a minute.  A few weeks ago he was getting shit for now scoring.  Now he's getting shit for scoring against the wrong teams? 

It's a pointless discussion. Some people are going to hate because their own opinions are more important than the success of the player. With Code it's different. He has eyes. He can see the brilliance in Darwin. But he hasn't got it in his heart to cheat on Mo. 

Anyone who has watched Nunez this season and doesn't think he massively improves us, is usually because they're full of hate. But for Code it is because he's full of love and has no room for anymore. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Its more like an observation. 

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Its more like an observation. 

If he hadn't scored against a shit team on Saturday, we would be off the top of the league & 2pts worse off.

Long may he continue to score against them.

Worth noting none of our strikers are really rattling them in against City or Arsenal so far this season. I think Salah has one and that's it with one game left.

One thing that is great with both Nunez and Salah is that if you divide the matches into 15 minute periods.

Both score most goals from the 76-90 min, and secondly from the 31-45 min. 

IMG_0157.jpeg

IMG_0158.jpeg

Another thing I have noticed is when Nunez scores the team just seems happier.

You can see it in the difference in the way we press the other teams kickoff - after a Nunez gola we come out steaming. After a Salah goal it's all a bit meh.

And that is not taking the celebrations themselves into account which are obviously tilted in Darwin's favor.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Another thing I have noticed is when Nunez scores the team just seems happier.

You can see it in the difference in the way we press the other teams kickoff - after a Nunez gola we come out steaming. After a Salah goal it's all a bit meh.

And that is not taking the celebrations themselves into account which are obviously tilted in Darwin's favor.

To be fair when Nunez scores we all mirror his passion. when Mo scores like fuck I’m getting my top off in the cold