You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Migrants

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sultana has repeated it on Twitter, away from Parliamentary privilege; she's pretty much saying "bring it, bitch!"

Patel used 'slur' as a cowardly shitbag get out from being taken to the fucking cleaners. We see responses like that all the time with shitbag narcissists. Especially tories. Remember this from this cunt?

• Upvote 1

Did I hear right that if someone exported (and I’m using that word because that’s what they are doing) to Rwanda is successful in their claim of asylum they don’t get to come to the U.K.  but have to stay in Rwanda? How the fuck can that be right?  It’s shameful.  

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Did I hear right that if someone exported (and I’m using that word because that’s what they are doing) to Rwanda is successful in their claim of asylum they don’t get to come to the U.K.  but have to stay in Rwanda? How the fuck can that be right?  It’s shameful.  

James o’Brien seemed pretty certain about it

48 minutes ago, Champ said:

James o’Brien seemed pretty certain about it

Yeah it's true. In theory if you want to come to the UK you've got to apply somewhere else, but if you come on a boat and get packed off to Rwanda the door is closed. 

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah it's true. In theory if you want to come to the UK you've got to apply somewhere else, but if you come on a boat and get packed off to Rwanda the door is closed. 

I’m pretty sure the public perception that ‘genuine’ asylum seekers get to come back. It was certainly mine.  

I think that’s what should be highlighted. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m pretty sure the public perception that ‘genuine’ asylum seekers get to come back. It was certainly mine.  

Yup, those 'economic migrants' sent back to country of origin at the UK's expense and legitimate asylum claimants get a new home in Rwanda whare they have absolutely no access to anything whatsoever.

The £120m being bandied about isn't for the flights/costs ect either that's for the training and education that both the Rwandans and legitimate asylum claimants will need to coexist, it will obviously end up costing much, much more.

Nothing more than a ridiculous, illegal, immoral, unworkable, lligitimate headline opportunity to get the rabble back onside and allow them to extract us from the ECHR.

Shameful, indeed.

Edit: Also for full on shamefullness the UK gov has stipulated that any asylum application has come from a country of safety, meaning that there can be no legitimate asylum claim on British soli unless you apply from overseas first, which allows the catch 22 that you are actually safe there in the first place so do one.

Sadly I fear its this sort of policy that will keep them cunts in power for at least another five to ten years. 

It's very popular down here (Midlands) and I would assume it will be the same in virtually all the leave areas. 

I fully expect to see those dense cunts like Lee Anderson, Ben Bradley and Michael Fabricant all win with increased majorities at the next election. 

We are relying heavily now on the more traditional moderate remain voting tory types desseting them in their droves, and I just don't see that happening.

It feels like a very bleak time for politics right now.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Here’s the relevant sections from the Memorandum of Understanding on the government website. Yes, it’s correct and hasn’t been picked up on by many people. They’re shipped off to Rwanda. Rwanda process their claim and any appeals. And, if they’re able to qualify as a refugee, they’ll get refugee status in Rwanda and will be settled there. 

Also, it has also been overlooked that, under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding, the UK has agreed to take in vulnerable refugees who are currently settled in Rwanda. So, the net numbers will likely  be lower than the headline figures made up of those put on planes to Kigali. 

On a more general point, and in relation to the Twitter responses that Stig posted earlier, the rhetoric around asylum seekers/refugees is generally regurgitated bollocks. It’s annoying that a lot of Union Jack Twitter think that they speak for the country with comments like “WE don’t want them here.” When in reality they mean that they don’t want asylum seekers here, nor do the accounts that they follow. 

Also, the whole “how many are you taking in?” or “are you opening up your doors for them?” bollocks is illogical nonsense and only seems to be used when people suggest that the government should do more for asylum seekers and treat them more fairly. It’s entirely possible to think that a section of society is being given a raw deal without having to go to the drastic extremes of opening up your own house to a complete stranger. We never see the same lazy arguments when people say that the government should do more for the poor, homeless, hungry etc. But, for some reason, when it comes to asylum seekers, some people seem to think that this “open your doors to them” thing is some kind of gotcha? 

91141611-1A65-48AA-8780-1130A5033B04.jpeg

E9FF2CCB-9C64-43B4-BC14-78E6D7CA4B9B.jpeg

E7F305AE-1378-46FF-9A4A-DC9D0B051E8D.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Zarah Sultana called it out perfectly yesterday.. Yvette Cooper did the forensic dismantling but Sultana cut right to the bone passionately hence Patels cowardly angry response. They are using the deep rooted racism in this country to divide. We saw it with Brexit we saw it with the last election. Random figures in the daily Mail plucked from thin air about migrants arriving. They always seem to arrive just as negative attention is on the Tories don't they. It’s all bollocks. Evil, xenophobic bollocks. 

• 4 months later...