Bjornebye

Tokyo Olympics 2020 (21)

27 minutes ago, Champ said:

Leave the poor man alone

And next up, there she is flirting with Jacobs. Her treatment of Hughes was unforgivable 

Just now, Champ said:

And next up, there she is flirting with Jacobs. Her treatment of Hughes was unforgivable 

The interview with Hughes was a bit raw. They probably should have left him alone for 24hrs.

I'm in the 'Morgan' category about that high jump situation.

Load of bollocks, there should have been a jump off. What next? No penalty shootouts and shared f*****ll trophies?

Nijel Amos reinstated for the 800m final as Isaih Jewitt was deemed to have cause the fall.

That groan you just heard was from the rest of the field. For those who remember 2012, Amos was the 18 year old who finished second behind Rudisha and equalled Seb Coe's old world record in the process.

1 hour ago, Champ said:

Tomorrow 

It feels much harder to find out what’s coming up with the tv rights having gone elsewhere 

The Guardian have got a great schedule tracker where you can check what events are happening day by day.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2021/jul/29/tokyo-2020-olympics-results-live-scores-and-complete-event-schedule

• Upvote 1

So Russia is competing with the folks who were not doping? You know.

And Belarus is throwing folks in the car boot and shipping them home - but our girl Sha'Carri smoked a j and admitted to it and is out?

Shenanigans.

12 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The Guardian have got a great schedule tracker where you can check what events are happening day by day.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2021/jul/29/tokyo-2020-olympics-results-live-scores-and-complete-event-schedule

Cool. I’ll check it out. The BBC previously had a great one but I couldn’t seem to find it this time round

4 hours ago, Special K said:

I'm in the 'Morgan' category about that high jump situation.

Load of bollocks, there should have been a jump off. What next? No penalty shootouts and shared f*****ll trophies?

It is a bit odd that there was no decider. The women’s archery final was a dead heat and went to a single arrow shoot off to determine gold and silver.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

So Russia is competing with the folks who were not doping? You know.

And Belarus is throwing folks in the car boot and shipping them home - but our girl Sha'Carri smoked a j and admitted to it and is out?

Shenanigans.

The Tokyo Police pitched up to the airport in that Belarus incident. Last I heard she was asking Austria for asylum.

EDIT: The BBC say she’s under police protection.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

The Tokyo Police pitched up to the airport in that Belarus incident. Last I heard she was asking Austria for asylum.

EDIT: The BBC say she’s under police protection.

Good , isn'rt that the lot who diverted the plane by lying about a bomb threat to imprison a journalist ?

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

It is a bit odd that there was no decider. The women’s archery final was a dead heat and went to a single arrow shoot off to determine gold and silver.

They'd both had 3 attempts and failed to clear 2.39, and I think they both realised they had nothing more to give. Tamberi was exhausted from all his cheerleading, and Barshim's jumps were becoming less and less likely to clear the mark. A weird scenario yes, but the right outcome, especially when you consider that the guy from Belarus matched them for cleared height (2.37) and only dropped out of gold medal contention on countback.

• Upvote 1

The gold medal would have ended up being decided on countback which is a way shittier method of deciding it than penalties.

With High jump can't they just use a friggin laser instead of a solid bar and calculate who jumps the highest?

Also with those 2 athletes they were offered a jump off or just to both get a gold, what kind of moron would say actually I'd like the option to lose out on a gold please?

• Upvote 1

I don’t get all the noise about them both getting gold. How can they have a jump off when they’d already failed to jump the next height up 3 times each?

They’d still be there now trying to clear it.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I don’t get all the noise about them both getting gold. How can they have a jump off when they’d already failed to jump the next height up 3 times each?

They’d still be there now trying to clear it.

They go back down I think. Then if they both do that on the same attempt, they go back up again.

Track cycling starts today

This is where my interest kicks in fully. Bloody love these events. Not sure how as electric they’ll be without the crowds in the velodrome though. 

2 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Track cycling starts today

This is where my interest kicks in fully. Bloody love these events. Not sure how as electric they’ll be without the crowds in the velodrome though. 

‘insert whatever they’re getting away with this time’ is a helluva drug. 

GB through as second fastest qualifiers. Looked like they were going to smash the world record but faded towards the end. 

Decent chance of gold if they get their tactics right in the final. 

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

They go back down I think. Then if they both do that on the same attempt, they go back up again.

That wouldn’t make sense to me though. Missing out on a gold by failing a height i’d already jumped? It’s a bit of a niche sport in that sense so I have no problem with them both getting a gold.

• Upvote 1