Quantcast
Euro 2020(21) - Page 101 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Euro 2020(21)

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

I thought the equaliser might have been disallowed too, bit of a shove by Lewandowski on Laporte when the ball was in the air I thought! I'm quite glad it was given though!

Utter shite from Laporte. Gotta be massively stronger than that.

Just now, El Rojo said:

On the evidence of the last two games. Spain are about as good as Brighton. 

It’s definitely back to pre-2008 Spain.

Just now, El Rojo said:

On the evidence of the last two games. Spain are about as good as Brighton. 

Their whole setup is nonsense. They play football like they still have Xavi and Iniesta and there's clearly some weird favoritism thing going on with no Real Madrid players being in the squad. And Thiago not playing is also nonsense. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Their whole setup is nonsense. They play football like they still have Xavi and Iniesta and there's clearly some weird favoritism thing going on with no Real Madrid players being in the squad. And Thiago not playing is also nonsense. 

Surely even an out of form Isco or Asensio are a better bet than some of the duds padding out their squad. And despite not having shoulders, Aspas is more potent than Morata.  

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think it’s hilarious that he didn’t call up a single Real Madrid player especially Ramos 

39 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I 100% think that was a penalty to Spain - studs right on top of his foot / ankle.

It's the way the game has gone, but don't really agree with it. The defender has to try and win the ball, and they did (try). They didn't impede the attacker, and it wasn't particularly dangerous or reckless. But the attacker gets a second chance. 

It's not equitable, if the defender wants to make sure they get there first it probably would look a reckless challenge and they'd be walking as well as giving away a pen.

22 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Surely even an out of form Isco or Asensio are a better bet than some of the duds padding out their squad. And despite not having shoulders, Aspas is more potent than Morata.  

Asensio maybe. Isco, fucking no chance. He's done. Looks like a fat street guitarist now. Largely an absolute joke in Spain.

Nacho should have been in the squad, and I don't think Carvajal would have been left out had he been fit.

Aspas probably should have been in the squad rather than Traore who they are never going to play. Oyarzabal is a really good footballer though, and Moreno, Morata and Torres were always going to be selected. 

It's a pretty decent squad which Enrique is not getting much out of.

Azpilicueta should be at right back. Llorente is criminally wasted there, he got 12 league goals last season. Thiago should be playing instead of Pedri.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Lewandowski was great, I'm always surprised by how quick and clever he is.  

I see some of that in Alexander Isak.  

He's fucking frightening on the break.

When Murphy said England wouldn't fear Spain, I thought you arrogant twat, not like the Spanish would be shitting themselves playing Ingerlund on their showings thus far. To be fair, the worst Spanish team I can remember in donkey's years.

Was great seeing Germany come good today. Listening to some pundits on these shores, you would think Germany were a shit Scunthorpe. You look at their team and full of absolute winners like Muller, Neuer, Kimmich and Kroos.