You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Drain Blockages

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I don't think baking soda will shift it. You need proper drain cleaner. I use this stuff, its fucking terrifying as it buzzes and fizzes away in the pipe but my God it does the trick. 

HG 139100106 Liquid 1L-Unblocks Thoroughly and Effectively-for Blocked Drain Pipes in Handbasins, Toilets or Shower Traps: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

I've ordered a couple of bottles, £4 each. I'll let you know if the body gets unclogged. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, what I should have done is insisted that everyone in the country stop using their toilets, lest they become blocked like mine did.

Fancy flying a fire plane over my house? 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No, what I should have done is insisted that everyone in the country stop using their toilets, lest they become blocked like mine did.

2 hours ago, cochyn said:

I'm sure you've tried this: but have you dismantled the sink waste pipes & traps beneath the plug fitting? Might enable you to get closer to the main blockage and check there isn't a smaller blockage in the trap itself?

Unfortunately the sink I have access to seems to have been plumbed in at some point in time, there are three sinks at least leading to it and I don't think from what I can see there is a P trap easily accessible to any of them. The pipe looks like it runs under the house and out. 

Finally got it cleared. Had to call out a plumber, gutted as he said if I'd done serpent thing at the other end of the pipe that it probably would have had a better chance of success.

The gels and fluids have had the most important ingredient taken out, which is understandable - sulphuric acid. Due to it's increased use as a weapon in the last few years, it's been taken out of all the drain clearing products rendering them useless. You can still get them with sulphuric acid but you have to be registered as a plumbing/drainage business.

Good learning experience but it's a right pain in the arse when they block.

3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

The planet Venus has clouds of sulphuric acid, so I imagine they have very few problems with blocked drains there.

They also don't have a middle class serial killer taking old ladies out up there. 

23 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Finally got it cleared. Had to call out a plumber, gutted as he said if I'd done serpent thing at the other end of the pipe that it probably would have had a better chance of success.

The gels and fluids have had the most important ingredient taken out, which is understandable - sulphuric acid. Due to it's increased use as a weapon in the last few years, it's been taken out of all the drain clearing products rendering them useless. You can still get them with sulphuric acid but you have to be registered as a plumbing/drainage business.

Good learning experience but it's a right pain in the arse when they block.

Glad you got it sorted but I was hoping for a more exciting ending. I feel like I’ve invested enough time in this for there to be at least a cliff hanger which builds a sense of excitement for a second series. 

If I was reviewing series one, I’d say something like; “promised much early doors, will ultimately fail to help the viewer ejaculate into the nearest sock”.

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Glad you got it sorted but I was hoping for a more exciting ending. I feel like I’ve invested enough time in this for there to be at least a cliff hanger which builds a sense of excitement for a second series. 

If I was reviewing series one, I’d say something like; “promised much early doors, will ultimately fail to help the viewer ejaculate into the nearest sock”.

PG - Pure Gash 

• Upvote 1