You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leeds (H) Premier League - 12/09/20 - 17:30

Bjornebye

When men were men and even the ball had the good sense to stay out of the way...

Considering the hard players both teams possessed in the 60’s and 70’s there wasn’t that much aggro on the pitch between the two sides ....Maybe to do with the mutual respect both managers had for each other....

Can’t say it was the same off the pitch mind, my brother who used to go everywhere in the 70’s said Elland Red was the scariest away fixture he went to 

DZ2nMV9WsAAxa0z.jpg

e2a08cabd4fdc4aec79315d2fbf5b4a7.jpg

• Upvote 7

I often read the Everton thread on here and think to myself how similar their fanbase is to that of Leeds. Ideas well above their station, completely deluded, bitter and capable of small minded fuckwitery in the extreme. 

There are some differences. Whereas Everton have only one focus to take out their monumental ire on, Leeds have any number of sworn enemies. Most of whom they just decide to hate on a whim. To be fair once they’re in, they’re in. If the new enemy doesn’t quite share the same level of hatred, they’ll just keep going until they do. 

Watching this game in the Pub with my Leeds supporting mates. We go out every Saturday (although several would be at this game if they could) so I can’t bottle it. Anything other than a 10-0 win will be seen as a moral victory for Leeds. 

If we play well we win, I fear a draw though. I will need to drink heavily whatever happens. 

I really don’t like Leeds. 

The last time we played them in the league in this fixture was 25th October 2003. We won it 3-1 with goals from Owen, Murphy and Sinama Pongolle. It was Ged's last season in charge (the writing had been on the wall in the previous season), Owen's last season at the club (he'd strung the club along over signing a new contract for ages), and Arsenal were on their way to an unbeaten league season and the 'Invincibles' tag. Leeds got relegated at the end of that season and it's taken them 16 years to come back up.

'Hole In The Head' by The Sugababes went to No1 on that day. I don't remember it, I very much doubt I would have liked it but here it is anyway.

Yep, as expected the song is shit.

Anyway, it's a new season and hopefully it signals a return to the intensity levels of the first 2/3 of last season, which we've largely lacked since just before the lockdown, truth be told. As it turned out, we had gained enough points to clinch the title before drastic measures had to be brought in globally to try and curb a pandemic the likes of which none of us (except Stringy obviously) will have seen in our lifetimes. Go out there and remember what we do better than anybody, and just do it.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I often read the Everton thread on here and think to myself how similar their fanbase is to that of Leeds. Ideas well above their station, completely deluded, bitter and capable of small minded fuckwitery in the extreme. 

There are some differences. Whereas Everton have only one focus to take out their monumental ire on, Leeds have any number of sworn enemies. Most of whom they just decide to hate on a whim. To be fair once they’re in, they’re in. If the new enemy doesn’t quite share the same level of hatred, they’ll just keep going until they do. 

Watching this game in the Pub with my Leeds supporting mates. We go out every Saturday (although several would be at this game if they could) so I can’t bottle it. Anything other than a 10-0 win will be seen as a moral victory for Leeds. 

If we play well we win, I fear a draw though. I will need to drink heavily whatever happens. 

I really don’t like Leeds. 

One club city as well for their 'massive' fanbase....and all the clubs in the surrounding areas are shite as well.

Won next to fuck all in their 'illustrious' history.

3 league titles

1 fa cup

1 league cup 

2 fairs cup

Spent as much maybe more time outside the top tier than they have in it.

Yet to listen to them they are some sort of giant club.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Stickman said:

When men were men and even the ball had the good sense to stay out of the way...

Considering the hard players both teams possessed in the 60’s and 70’s there wasn’t that much aggro on the pitch between the two sides ....Maybe to do with the mutual respect both managers had for each other....

Can’t say it was the same off the pitch mind, my brother who used to go everywhere in the 70’s said Elland Red was the scariest away fixture he went to 

DZ2nMV9WsAAxa0z.jpg

e2a08cabd4fdc4aec79315d2fbf5b4a7.jpg

Fucking hell, Collins in the Leeds side hadnt been using Daz on his socks! Expected a better kit turn out than that.

And yes, Id agree. Elland Rd was the worst away ground Ive ever been to for fear factor.

• Upvote 1

Leeds are a big club because they are the only club in a massive city - simple as.

Regardless of honors, they have a massive and incredibly dedicated fan base (and will continue to have generations of fans because there's no other club around West Yorkshire nearly as big) so I'm glad to have them back.

We all talk about plastics and how we can't stand Man City and for me, that's why I'm happy to see teams like Leeds back. I'm sure they'll become unbearable cunts if they ever start seeing success again, but I'll always have more time for them than City. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, Collins in the Leeds side hadnt been using Daz on his socks! Expected a better kit turn out than that.

And yes, Id agree. Elland Rd was the worst away ground Ive ever been to for fear factor.

I assume they brought a stepladder on for the toss with Rowdy ?

2 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Leeds are a big club because they are the only club in a massive city - simple as.

Regardless of honors, they have a massive and incredibly dedicated fan base (and will continue to have generations of fans because there's no other club around West Yorkshire nearly as big) so I'm glad to have them back.

We all talk about plastics and how we can't stand Man City and for me, that's why I'm happy to see teams like Leeds back. I'm sure they'll become unbearable cunts if they ever start seeing success again, but I'll always have more time for them than City. 

Leeds and Man City historically before the cheats lottery win are about the same size.

Man City of course whilst sharing a City with one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I've got no issue with them being or people saying they 'belong' in top tier, but as a club they are far from the giants they like to think they are.