You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most out of date thing you've eaten

Remmie

At the back of my cupboard was a tin of artichoke hearts I bought due to a sandwich suggestion from @neko

I only opened them to put the can in the recycling, but saw they looked in remarkably good nick so ate a few and they tasted good. I chucked most of them just in case, but on another day may have devoured them all. 

The best before date was for June 2013.

I'm sure some of you sick bastards will be able to absolutely destroy that

Tonight I cooked a piece of frozen cod. Not just any piece of frozen cod. It was put in the freezer in 2015 and had a best before 2017. I'm interested to know what might happen. Hopefully nothing. 

8 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Tonight I cooked a piece of frozen cod. Not just any piece of frozen cod. It was put in the freezer in 2015 and had a best before 2017. I'm interested to know what might happen. Hopefully nothing. 

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

We have a spice rack on which the stuff at the back is probably in apothecary jars.

I have my brothers old spice rack with spices from his uni days around 15 years ago. The turmeric tastes of nothing

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

If something was out of date, my dad would just pick the moldey bit away and eat the rest.

I was reliably informed by him that only a big jessie would throw the food away.

Wasn't called Alexander Fleming by any chance was he?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I can’t remember how old it was but my

mum had a tin of beans from the 80s in her cupboard a couple of years ago that junior and I had. They were sound. 

Sick bastard. I don't care about the best before date, just the disgusting contents

• Upvote 1

I was having a root through my old stuff that was in boxes from when I was a kid. Found a few chewing gum in my old school bag. This was 2016 and I hadn't used the bag since 2000. Had one. Still tasted minty. I'd forgotten about that until I saw this. 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was having a root through my old stuff that was in boxes from when I was a kid. Found a few chewing gum in my old school bag. This was 2016 and I hadn't used the bag since 2000. Had one. Still tasted minty. I'd forgotten about that until I saw this. 

Seen some fella on Twitter, eat a piece of bubblegum from a packet of 1960s Baseball cards.

On 22/08/2020 at 21:12, Tony Moanero said:

Seen some fella on Twitter, eat a piece of bubblegum from a packet of 1960s Baseball cards.

On that 1st video Mudface shared he has chewing gum from 1957 and it's pristine. The coffee and creamer were good as well

On 21/08/2020 at 22:57, Fluter in Dakota said:

Don't eat out of date frozen cod, quite unwell yesterday. Sore throat and temperature - I was convinced I was going down with Covid but fine this morning. Almost certainly food poisoning.