You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

1 minute ago, AlissonsBeard said:

"Not knowing how many other players are infected" is pure obfuscation. There are clear protocols for teams to monitor and isolate close contacts of infected players. If City were following these protocols, it would have been straight forward for them to confirm the number of absent players and whether this met the threshold for postponement. If they were not following the protocols, they should be fined and forfeit the points. 

As for the supposed evidence, their opponents were apparently not provided with it so it's reasonable enquire whether it exists at all. 

Just stop replying to him, he doesn't get it.

19 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Ok, I'll agree to give City credit for masterminding a couple days extra rest, to avoid playing the Mighty Ev.

Scott Parker and the Fulham team should surely get top marks for getting their games called off too. Their game vs Spurs was also called off less than 4 hours to go and Mourinho wasn't happy with it. That one was also surely a conspiracy, judging from your very strong argument here. Thanks for leading me to the light and the truth which was out there.

Playing Everton is the correct word, they would have had to "play" Everton for the first time in 3 or 4 years. When the fixture is rearranged the impact the result has on Liverpool will be the key issue to that club, they had won 4 on the bounce and would have really fancied having a go when it was supposed to have taken place.

There is no conspiracy just a club that bends the rules bending them again. There is something wrong with you if you can't see they have gained a massive advantage from that cancellation. 

30 minutes ago, AlissonsBeard said:

"Not knowing how many other players are infected" is pure obfuscation. There are clear protocols for teams to monitor and isolate close contacts of infected players. If City were following these protocols, it would have been straight forward for them to confirm the number of absent players and whether this met the threshold for postponement. If they were not following the protocols, they should be fined and forfeit the points. 

Now we're cutting to the chase.

As opposed to this unfair advantage in a busy schedule stuff.

And the rest didn't even do Everton much good at home to West Ham, sadly.

37 minutes ago, No2 said:

Playing Everton is the correct word, they would have had to "play" Everton for the first time in 3 or 4 years. When the fixture is rearranged the impact the result has on Liverpool will be the key issue to that club, they had won 4 on the bounce and would have really fancied having a go when it was supposed to have taken place.

Unless of course, they hold their form and are still very much in the mix for, say, a Champion's League spot... would they throw that away to fuck us over? 

They have already beaten two of the sides above them in the mix, away (Leicester and Tottenham).

I really think there's a good chance Everton's position, not Liverpool's, will be what Everton play for when they eventually play that City game.

1 minute ago, skaro said:

Unless of course, they hold their form and are still very much in the mix for, say, a Champion's League spot... would they throw that away to fuck us over? 

They have already beaten two of the sides above them in the mix, away (Leicester and Tottenham).

I really think there's a good chance Everton's position, not Liverpool's, will be what Everton play for when they eventually play that City game.

Have you encountered Everton fans much over the years?

Match of the day now, it's got that woman who upset leeds fans. I was a big defund the beeb man, I'm going up post office tomorrow to pay the licence fee. Fuck em.

Feeling a bit sorry watching her now, seems a decent sort. Might send a couple of rape threats to Danny Murphy to even it up a bit and make her feel a bit better. I put Angrys name down, he wont mind.

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Have you encountered Everton fans much over the years?

I know what you saying mate but from a bygone age I posted this on the toffee fred but it's such a great pic I thought I bang it here. ..

Ali would've took a whooping against these boys.  Everton beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 . Small football useless fact, Everton were the only side to ever get to the final without conceding a goal along the way before that final.

• Like 1

Raises some interesting points this....but also shows how managers don't really care because ultimately it is all about winning and they aren't gonna jeopardise chances of winning by dropping players.

League need to step in IMO and start banning players who break the rules....only way to stop it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55523891

Latest rumour than De Bruyne is considering rejecting city's new contract with an increase on his current 280 grand a week as it supposedly doesnt reflect his status as the PL's best player?

Fuck me, if that is true and I stress if, Im flabbergasted. How many other clubs in the world could better that?

21 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Latest rumour than De Bruyne is considering rejecting city's new contract with an increase on his current 280 grand a week as it supposedly doesnt reflect his status as the PL's best player?

Fuck me, if that is true and I stress if, Im flabbergasted. How many other clubs in the world could better that?

One of the three or four that he would move to.

Sheffield United are investigating images on social media which appear to show French forward Lys Mousset's crashed Lamborghini.

South Yorkshire police say they arrested two men on suspicion of drink driving after an incident in Sheffield in the early hours of Monday morning.

A police statement said an orange Lamborghini had been "in a collision with a number of parked cars".

Mousset, 24, joined the Blades from Bournemouth in July 2019.

A police statement said of the incident: "Two men in their 20s were arrested on suspicion of being over the prescribed limit. Both have been released under investigation while enquiries continue."

It is not known if Mousset was driving the car at the time.

Sheffield United said: "Officials at Sheffield United are aware of images circulating on social media and are currently making internal enquiries."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55525813

Just what you need when you're at the bottom of the table with 2 points. A forward, who's not yet played 200 minutes this season, never mind scoring, drink-driving and crashing his Lamborghini into a number of other cars. Poor old Chris Wilder, suffocating as the embarrassments heap themselves upon him.