Quantcast
Man City (A) 2/7/2020 - Premier League - 20:15 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Man City (A) 2/7/2020 - Premier League - 20:15

Fire. Urgency. Creativity. Know-how. Organisation. Flair. Freedom. Nous. Obduracy. Effectiveness. Liveliness.

I don't ask for much.

It could all be over before this game if Chelsea get a result tomorrow. Either way, we should treat this game as a means to stamp our dominance all over their oil-fuelled-financial-chicanery-to-gain-a-competitive-advantage faces.

• Upvote 5

It's panned out nicely. City fail to win tomorrow and the lads are at in a room together celebrating the title, which would've been the same with or without crowds in attendance. This also means City doing a guard of honour. Ouch

Given the lack of crowds, winning at City to seal the title is about as good as it gets. Having the draw as a fallback option is more than handy too! 

Hendo had better warm up those tippy toes, he's gonna need them soon!

40 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Just been confirmed the game will go head at the emptyhad.

Should never has been in any doubt

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Really want to go there as champions, but i very much doubt chelsea have the backbone to take anything off the cheats tonight.

Not too sure. They are desperate for Champions League and with Utd winning and Leicester only managing a draw they will be right up for it. that said, the gap between the top two and the rest is that big that it all depends on what appetite City have for it later. I'd settle for a late Kante (He might cement himself as my favourite non-LFC player in the league if he does) or Barkley (the fuuuuume) equaliser thanks Robbie. Amen. 

united are breathing down chelsea's neck for Champions League football qualification, albeit having played a game more. Put simply, chelsea would not want to lose this game as that would put them level on games played and only 2 points ahead of them. Plus, chelsea have to play us at Anfield.

Of course it doesnt always pan out like this but if chelsea arent up for the game tonight and do lose, the pressure will be on Fwank to deliver CL football especially as Timo has signed on the dotted.

Im not sure I see chelsea winning. But drawing? Hope springs eternal!

Great opportunity to see how our fringe players perform against a class team. As opposed to making wholesale changes though, I’d play them alongside some first team players too and make the most of the five subs in the second half.

Alisson; Williams, Matip, Gomez, Robertson; Ox, Keita, Milner, Elliott; Minamino, Salah

50 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Great opportunity to see how our fringe players perform against a class team. As opposed to making wholesale changes though, I’d play them alongside some first team players too and make the most of the five subs in the second half.

Alisson; Williams, Matip, Gomez, Robertson; Ox, Keita, Milner, Elliott; Minamino, Salah

I'd play our best team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3