You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I still scratch my head that quite so many of our fans actually wanted Ancelotti to become our manager instead of Jurgen.

I mean, come on; the football he plays, the humour he possesses, the loyalty and dogged determination, sportsmanship and decency, his moral decency, high character and politics so in tune with the Liverpool people, Klopp of The Kop, it was written in the stars man.

As far as opposition fans go, it was all in the nonesense of what that fat cunt custis disgracefully calling him a 'serial loser' because of his Dortmund team didnt get over the line in a number of one off finals. That, despite the fact he was often going up against Bayern in these most of the time.

They also lumped in the league cup and Europa league finals with us despite just getting his feet under the table as it were. They point to the loss against Real in the CL final despite our best player being forced out of the game after less than 30 minutes and the keeper being knocked senseless by the same assailant.

To be honest, I just laugh at the fools.

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

To be honest I’m astonished how many opposition fans hate him. Although I note Utd, Arsenal and Spurs fans have grudgingly conceded they’d have him as manager in the recent past.

I don't think deep down the do hate him, just the hatred of our club, they can't make fun of our lack of success or not winning the league anymore so they need to find their "banter" elsewhere, hence the over the top criticism of Klopp or how Salah is the biggest diver in the league or how we've become the sole beneficiary's of VAR, not having a single decision go against us since it was brought in.

Every fan of every other club would have Klopp in a heartbeat if they had the chance.

• Upvote 1

From memory, other than a few who were worried about his last Dortmund season most fans would have been thrilled with Jurgen or Carlo, we just knew more about Ancelotti at that point. Once we had heard Jurgen's first interview after getting the job I think the vast majority were on the Klopp express.

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

To be honest I’m astonished how many opposition fans hate him. Although I note Utd, Arsenal and Spurs fans have grudgingly conceded they’d have him as manager in the recent past.

I reckon 95% of fans of any club would have him there in a heartbeat and I include City fans in that. He's the greatest man in football right now, a shining beacon in a swamp of corruption, greed and shite. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I reckon 95% of fans of any club would have him there in a heartbeat and I include City fans in that. He's the greatest man in football right now, a shining beacon in a swamp of corruption, greed and shite. 

95% I'd wager it would be more like 99% the other 1% wouldn't have understood the question 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

One of my Bluenose mates regularly posts on Facebook whenever Klopp says or does something boss; she usually comments "I know I shouldn't, but I can't help loving this man".

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

95% I'd wager it would be more like 99% the other 1% wouldn't have understood the question 

Yeah you're probably right although I was accounting for a few tories who won't like him being a decent human... 

8 hours ago, Anubis said:

I don't see it that way, to be honest with you. I think he's the most well-liked manager we've ever had. I remember going on the Bayern forums when he was Dortmund's manager, and none of them said a bad word about him. I always thought that was odd, until he arrived here. You see it now on places like Redcafe. Their fans begrudgingly admit he's a good bloke.

Obviously, City fans on Bluemoon hate him, but they hate everyone. And Evertonians live in their own fantasy world, but even some of them, in their quieter moments, admit he's awesome.

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It's just jealousy. They wish they had him but he's ours. 

Got to admit whilst he is respected as a manager nearly every I know seems to really hate him. It's little to do with Liverpool itself and mainly driven by a perception that he is THE media darling and seemingly gets away with murder on the touchline with refs and just general antagonistic behaviour when he loses which always goes unpunished or brushed off by the media.

Don't see anything remotely similar towards the players. Salah and Mane dive and thats about as bad as it gets.

I have a Man Utd friend and she really likes Jurgen, but then she’s one of the sensible old school Utd fans.

I have another friend (Arsenal ) and she can’t stand him, but she admitted what he said about Chelsea recently she was impressed with. I told her she ought to listen to more of his interviews as he always talks well. 

• Upvote 2

The only reason other fans hate him is jealousy. If he walked into any job in the world they would love him. The beauty is that there are only certain clubs(non sportswashing or outright corrupt regimes) that he fits and we are one of them. If we were owned by Arabs with City or Newcastle's records he would be gone soon after that happened. He is a great football manager who is also a fantastic example of a human being and we are lucky to have him. And he fits us perfectly. 

I hated Brendan Rodgers(no mention of the person two before him as he doesnt exist for me) because of his total lack of humility,modesty and his quickness to pass blame. All our previous greats like Kenny,Shanks,Bob,Joe Fagan,were humble and modest men and Jurgen is another in that line of great men. He deserves every success he gets.

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Boss said:

I don't see it that way, to be honest with you. I think he's the most well-liked manager we've ever had. I remember going on the Bayern forums when he was Dortmund's manager, and none of them said a bad word about him. I always thought that was odd, until he arrived here. You see it now on places like Redcafe. Their fans begrudgingly admit he's a good bloke.

Obviously, City fans on Bluemoon hate him, but they hate everyone. And Evertonians live in their own fantasy world, but even some of them, in their quieter moments, admit he's awesome.

Shortly after we appointed him I was in Germany on business. All anyone wanted to talk about when they knew where I was from/supported was "kloppo". It wasn't just Dortmund fans. Everyone. They all loved him and all said we were in for a great ride with him. They were right too. 

As for if he's liked outside the club, my experience is grown ups like him. 50 year old men who should be wearing baby grows hate him because they hate everything about us. In fact if they were liking him, it would be like when I was liking OGS.

• Upvote 1

On 24/03/2022 at 08:16, VladimirIlyich said:

The only reason other fans hate him is jealousy. If he walked into any job in the world they would love him. The beauty is that there are only certain clubs(non sportswashing or outright corrupt regimes) that he fits and we are one of them. If we were owned by Arabs with City or Newcastle's records he would be gone soon after that happened. He is a great football manager who is also a fantastic example of a human being and we are lucky to have him. And he fits us perfectly. 

I hated Brendan Rodgers(no mention of the person two before him as he doesnt exist for me) because of his total lack of humility,modesty and his quickness to pass blame. All our previous greats like Kenny,Shanks,Bob,Joe Fagan,were humble and modest men and Jurgen is another in that line of great men. He deserves every success he gets.

You disliked Houllier that much?!