You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton, Home, 17:30KO. Chris Hughton's Ma.

Oh Buoy

Very, especially on a day when our attacking play is looking a bit disjointed. This match looked set up for him to come on and make an impact. But, yeah, Klopp knows what the fuck he’s doing

I would start the cunt as a 10 against these fuckers at home. They venture in our half once every half an hour - seriously - so fuck it, 1-2-rest of em.

It's possible that Klopp saw we were running on fumes towards the end of the season, so he's adjusted the training so we peak slightly later, knowing that there's a good chance we could be balls deep in a title challenge come April.

The downside is we aren't quite at our best early on, but if we can grind out the results then it won't matter.

That way we'll be in a pretty good position to smash our way down the home straight.

Aye I’m happy to go with that. Could be part of the reason for holding Fabinho back, too.

I would start the cunt as a 10 against these fuckers at home. They venture in our half once every half an hour - seriously - so fuck it, 1-2-rest of em.

Was thinking that in the first half, I would’ve been tempted to have him instead of Milner - but as soon as I had that thought Milner created our goal so what the fuck do I know eh?

But, yeah, agreed. Would give us another dimension in these tricky games

Was thinking that in the first half, I would’ve been tempted to have him instead of Milner - but as soon as I had that thought Milner created our goal so what the fuck do I know eh?

But, yeah, agreed. Would give us another dimension in these tricky games

My desire to play that way comes from watching Barca and now City, and some other teams back in the day, but mainly those. Pep basically plays 5 up front at times. With the outside flanks being occupied by fullbacks too. CHARGEEEEEEE.

My desire to play that way comes from watching Barca and now City, and some other teams back in the day, but mainly those. Pep basically plays 5 up front at times. With the outside flanks being occupied by fullbacks too. CHARGEEEEEEE.

Fekir would’ve been a lovely addition to help facilitate that kind of shit. Maybe in January...

• Upvote 1

Klopp will integrate Shaqiri and Fabinho and start rotating after the international break when all the cup games start.

He's thinking that getting maximum points in the first few games is more likely with the fewest changes possible and he's probably right. 

• Upvote 1

Klopp will integrate Shaqiri and Fabinho and start rotating after the international break when all the cup games start.

He's thinking that getting maximum points in the first few games is more likely with the fewest changes possible and he's probably right.

Yep. This time last year people were wondering why we’d bought Andy Robertson.

The Fabinho threat has brought Gini up a level too.

• Upvote 1

Not the best performance as we found it hard to build up a head of steam. Salah and Firmino looked sharper than in previous games and oddly it was Mane who had a mediocre game. He seemed to lose possession whenever he got the ball. The only pass of his I can remember finding a Liverpool player was in the build-up to our goal. He still got into good positions on a couple of occasions, first firing narrowly wide, and second when he had to adjust his body from a deflected Robertson cross and headed onto his own body and tamely through to the keeper.

The midfield 3 all started well. Milner was busy and involved. Keita had a couple of surging runs, one of which drew the foul that led to Trent's free kick hitting the bar. Wijnaldum was the pick of the 3 because the other two visibly tired as the second half wore on.

Defensively there were no worries although Brighton had a couple of excellent chances. The first was scuffed wide by Knockaert after he initially mis-controlled the ball, and the second led to a very good and decisive save by Alisson. Alisson had a couple of hairy moments with the ball at his feet but all the same, he's very composed and adept at finding a teammate with a long pass.

These past 2 games have seen us look a bit like Conte's title-winning Chelsea side. Not spectacular football but glimpses of attacking prowess, an overall control and dominance of proceedings, and defensive assurance at critical moments.

For me, the star man is a coin toss between Joe and Gini.

Grinding out wins when you're not playing well is still winning.

In very recent years, it would have been nailed on that Sakho, Moreno, Skrtel or some other numpty would have fucked up when Brighton had their few minutes of attacking at the end.

I'm starting to trust this squad (and this manager) to keep clean sheets.

In case anyone's interested, according to one of the best models out there (538's), we now have 8.5 xG and 1.5 xGA.

That puts us on pace to have 107.7 xG and 19 xGA over a 38-game season. So if we continue to perform the way we have in these first three games we'd expect to score about 108 goals and concede only 19 over the whole season.

when-you-look-up-in-class-after-getting-

• Upvote 6

Three excellent games so far.

If our World Cup finalist were fit, he'd be kept out of the team by Gomez in this form.

Not bad for a 21 year-old.

We've been under very little pressure thus far, Spurs will be his first real test, if he comes through that unscathed then we may just have found VVD first choice partner.

Keown made a good point on football focus that big virg went straight to Gomez after Palace game and hugged him. He obviously sees him as a partner he can work with think that will mean a lot think Lovren will be behind Gomez when fit

Virgil also went across during the game as Benteke targeted Gomez.