You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Fekir link feels a bit odd to me.

I mean, he's a brilliant player, and he'd be great. And I know we need some attacking depth.

But still, he plays mostly on the right. I suppose the theory is that he'd be a Coutinho replacement, sort of a right-sided version of what Phil did for us from the left side of attacking midfield. Which would be great, and obviously it would be brilliant to be able to rest Salah so we don't get to the end of the season with him looking exhausted like he did today.

But we must have a LOT of money to spend this summer if we're going to prioritize that particular position with this much cash. Or else Klopp/Edwards are 100% confident he can play most of the time in attacking midfield.

He is good, though, that has to be said. And you can never really have enough players in your side that are good at the football thing.

Fekir link feels a bit odd to me.

I mean, he's a brilliant player, and he'd be great. And I know we need some attacking depth.

But still, he plays mostly on the right. I suppose the theory is that he'd be a Coutinho replacement, sort of a right-sided version of what Phil did for us from the left side of attacking midfield. Which would be great, and obviously it would be brilliant to be able to rest Salah so we don't get to the end of the season with him looking exhausted like he did today.

But we must have a LOT of money to spend this summer if we're going to prioritize that particular position with this much cash. Or else Klopp/Edwards are 100% confident he can play most of the time in attacking midfield.

He is good, though, that has to be said. And you can never really have enough players in your side that are good at the football thing.

He doesn't regularly play on the right, and when he does, he's pretty bad there. I don't think he's a front three player unless he's playing false 9. 

He's a second striker or #10, that's it really. I don't see him playing anywhere else, but central. 

Hadn't thought about him playing as a false 9. That could make some sense.

If he played mostly as the furthest forward midfielder, sort of where Coutinho played before we sold him or Oxlade-Chamberlain before his injury, and then was the first backup option for Bobby up front I could see a £62m fee making sense. He does more defensive work than you'd think, his interception/tackle numbers are OK and if his attitude is good he could probably increase them even more if asked to play that role more.

RMC are reporting that Lyon and Liverpool have concluded an agreement for the transfer of Nabil Fékir worth €70m, including bonuses and signing a 5 year deal.  Gérard Houllier, Lyons special advisor, apparently played a major role in the negotiations.

I thought Houllier was Red Bull's head of football? And what is a special advisor, and how do you become one?

Hearing that Fekir fans should be very excited, as the liverpoolway favourite is on his way to Anfield after Reds supremo Klopp COOLED on Monaco’s Lemar. The likeable German believes Fekir ticks several boxes for the Anfield Reds.

• Upvote 2

It feels quite sickening but also perfectly logical that Chelsea set up like fuckin Stoke under Tony Pulis, at home in a must win game against us. Relying on Hazard and a big lump up front. They knew a mistake would come and they would capitalise

Dont give us chances on the break and 90% of the game is won. We need better players supporting from midfield to break these sort of teams down. Keita and someone like Neves would be a very good start.

Also a bit better up front off the bench. Ings and Solanke sadly dont cut it. Preferably someone of a really high calibre so rotation amongst the front 3 wont hurt us. Like it has this season.

Fekir is coming with fekir. Apparently his younger brother is also part of the deal. RMC also says we enquired about Barca's ousmane Dembele.

Too many MotherFekirs Feking with our shit.
  • Upvote 2