You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mayweather - McGregor

moof

He’s sold by the end.

Eubank could probably convert the KKK into black lives matter supporters.  He's one of only a few people I can listen to being interviewed without skipping though bits.  Probably my favourite boxer of all time.  First fight I ever watched involved Eubank when I was a young kid and have been a fan ever since.

• Upvote 3

Eubank could probably convert the KKK into black lives matter supporters.  He's one of only a few people I can listen to being interviewed without skipping though bits.  Probably my favourite boxer of all time.  First fight I ever watched involved Eubank when I was a young kid and have been a fan ever since.

Yeah, truly a magnificent boxer. I wasn't keen on the monocle, but he's a solid guy.

I just watched the whole Eubank thing. Repped.

Eubank sets out a way McGregor could win, by fighting, not boxing. He also said he's in town for the fight, and he never goes to a fight where he knows who is going to win. Interesting. Then he throws in Kipling and several others, and sort of does a great speech about the warrior's code and all the rest of it.

He's unsuited to the tv cameras if the requirement is to get your point across in a few seconds, but for something like this interview, it's a nice change from the usual. Mad as a box of frogs, of course, but you can't help but appreciate that the world is a better place for characters like Eubank.

I reckon he knows full well that Mayweather will win, nobody is arsed about hearing yet another ex-boxer backing the boxer like every single other one has.

He's one for the cameras, deliberately being contrary for the attention, the way I see it that interview doesn't happen if he says he backs Mayweather.

None of that is supposed to be me being negative about Eubank by the way, I love the mad bastard.

Thoughts on weight?

Interesting that Floyd came in well under. I think it will suit him well. I think he will be too mobile for McGregor, both in landing and evading punches.

McGregor tried to look intimidating, not sure it worked. Looked shredded but gaunt.

Gotta laugh at the mma experts going on about Floyds weight and the difference with McGregor....  Floyds been in this position plenty of times.  He weighed in only 1lb more than he did tonight against Canelo when the fought..  McGregor will be going into this fight at a similar weight to canelo.   Weight difference wont mean a damn thing.

Floyd will do his usual thing tomorrow.  He'll come out and work out McGregor's tactics within 3 rounds and then he'll get to work.  Mcgregor will come flying out trying to act the macho man, and quickly realise how damn hard Floyd is to hit.  Fight will be over within 7 rounds.

• Upvote 1

Because I was talking shit after drinking copious amounts of brandy and deleted it.

It was for the best.

Oh, haha. I'm massively intrigued now! Deleting a pissed up post while still pissed up is kudos levels of self awareness. Bravo sir.

• Upvote 1

Thoughts on weight?

Interesting that Floyd came in well under. I think it will suit him well. I think he will be too mobile for McGregor, both in landing and evading punches.

McGregor tried to look intimidating, not sure it worked. Looked shredded but gaunt.

Mcgregor always looks gaunt after a weight cut.

This was him before the Aldo match, I'm sure I don't need to tell you what happened in that fight.

I understand that being smaller and more mobile is a good thing, but weight matters a hell of a lot, no matter how good Mayweather or Pacquiao were in their primes they would never step into the ring with somebody like Carl Froch he would simply be too big for them.

That's the equivalent weight jump Conor made when he fought Nate Diaz though.

Might not make much difference like, but Conor coming in heavier is more of an advantage than disadvantage he's fast and mobile anyway, plus being bigger and heavier add a bit of the arl Klitschko grab and lean and mayweather might get gassed later on. ab72afeccdbb3407cfa8d2ec52243960.jpg