Quantcast
The New Cricket Thread - Page 172 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
A_S

The New Cricket Thread

Just now, skaro said:

It might be a little simpler than that, G.

Outside of Finch, Warner and Smith, Australia's batting is shite.

Makes for an interesting Ashes series. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Makes for an interesting Ashes series. 

I think England will win easily.

Just now, skaro said:

I think England will win easily.

Not so sure about that mate, especially coming off the back of a WC, a lot of tired players carrying knocks. 

285/7 it is. So just below what is an average score at Lord's. Aussies will be downbeat after that effort considering the start they had. England will feel they have given themselves a great chance. Have to bat well though, better than in our chases against Pakistan and SL. 

I think England did really well to curtail Australia in the last 20 overs there, I thought they were on for 370 at one point. We need to chase this down really, and we are more than capable of doing so but instead of trying to hit every ball for 6, maybe just look at what the pitch is doing. 

I can't watch the England innings because I'm in work, but not calling up Alex Hales to replace Roy is stubborn and self defeating. Vince is a great county batsman but not much else and yet they insist on trying him. It's not worked and it's not going to. 

Just now, Agt Provocateur said:

I can't watch the England innings because I'm in work, but not calling up Alex Hales to replace Roy is stubborn and self defeating. Vince is a great county batsman but not much else and yet they insist on trying him. It's not worked and it's not going to. 

Spot on.

Just now, Agt Provocateur said:

He tried to clip a straight ball to leg side, fuck all footwork and the angle of his bat was more or less just showing the bowler the blade of it. 

• Upvote 1

England have 3 wins out of 3 when batting first, and 1 out of 3 (soon to be 1 out of 4) when chasing. Batting second is clearly the weakness, so it seems insanity to put the Aussies in first, no matter what the "conditions" are.

Aussie openers doing what we failed to do, hitting a nice line and length. Hoping Morgan is in one of those moods and the others stick with him for some time. 

2 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Baffles me why they went with Vince again. Root has already proved he can open. 

Same could be said about sticking with Ali, way out of form with the bat and they didn't even bowl him out today, only six overs and the most expensive bowler to boot. His head will be shot to fuck by the time the Ashes comes about. 

Bangladesh and Pakistan must be pissing themselves, we've handed both of them an excellent chance of making the top 4. I can't see us beating both India and NZ, although we are capable if we just play sensibly. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Bangladesh and Pakistan must be pissing themselves, we've handed both of them an excellent chance of making the top 4. I can't see us beating both India and NZ, although we are capable if we just play sensibly

I'm afraid I've got some bad news...