You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

May calls General Election on 8 June

jimmycase

It looks like you've covered most of it with your original post anyway and you're probably right. Even if things go badly in the polls they'll probably just stick together and put off an election. It's was an overly hopeful suggestion and maybe not much chance at all of it actually happening.

Yep, reading your edited post I stand by my initial reply. I suppose in theory the Tories might get a poll bounce from a new leader, conclude that that's as good as it'll get and go for an election, but it's unlikely. It'll be the new leader who ultimately takes that decision, and people who get the keys to number 10 are invariably reluctant to risk throwing them away so soon. Even if they think they've no chance of winning the next election they'll still want to secure some sort of achievement and legacy to show for their time in office.

IMO the Tories will have to say they cannot command a majority in the House . Labour will be invited to try and will opt for a dissolution.

So you think the Tories and the DUP will fail to reach an agreement in the first place, even though they know the likely result will be a Corbyn government?

Yep, reading your edited post I stand by my initial reply. I suppose in theory the Tories might get a poll bounce from a new leader, conclude that that's as good as it'll get and go for an election, but it's unlikely. It'll be the new leader who ultimately takes that decision, and people who get the keys to number 10 are invariably reluctant to risk throwing them away so soon. Even if they think they've no chance of winning the next election they'll still want to secure some sort of achievement and legacy to show for their time in office.

It does look unlikely that anything will happen quickly, but this whole DUP angle is a big problem for obvious reasons. With them having to rely on them so much it could prove to be a big factor in many of them wanting to call another election. Would like to think they'd do the responsible thing if that starts getting out of hand anyway, or at least be pressured to by the public and the media. It's sickening that they're actually prepared to risk making things worse in N. Ireland in order to cling on to power like this. They're a truly fucking horrible bunch.

So at the moment do we even have a government? I mean, the Tories are still the leaders but haven't reached an agreement on anything with DUP and the queen Lizard hasn't done that speech yet. Can opposition do anything or challenge policies yet if nothing has even been agreed? Arnt the Brexit talks kicking off next week as well.

So at the moment do we even have a government? I mean, the Tories are still the leaders but haven't reached an agreement on anything with DUP and the queen Lizard hasn't done that speech yet. Can opposition do anything or challenge policies yet if nothing has even been agreed? Arnt the Brexit talks kicking off next week as well.

They are still the government until a new one is formed.

All gone very quiet in the one eyed world of Dan Hodges , the cunt didn't shut up leading up to the election about how the Tories were getting a 100 seat majority.....

Still at leat he ain't running around London naked this time....

It's possible that the fog has fallen from Dan's eyes, and even he himself has come to realise how shit he actually is.

Said it before but the good thing about the Tories is that by nature they're such cunts, that eventually if you leave them to it they will tear each other to bits.

Blair's victory was set against a backdrop of Europe infighting and scandal.

Then you had Johnson suddenly discovering he was pro Brexit so he could have Cameron's job, then Gove knifing him, then both of them left sat there with their cocks out.

And if you look at the last six weeks, they effectively had no opposition until recently and they still managed to fuck it up. It's genuine impressive.

That human slice of gangrene in a suit Johnson is eyeing up the leadership again by all accounts, the idiots genuinely think he's loved by the masses but everyone thinks he's a joke.

They're sleepwalking into a major political bumming sooner or later, I'd say a year at the absolute max.

As heseltine said though they're gonna get buffered on an almost daily basis, with Europe just saying 'no, take it or leave it' over and over, emboldened by the fact they know she doesn't have a mandate to play hard ball.

Also, the anger over cuts is well and truly in the public conscience now after Corbyn made an issue of it after the Manchester bombing. After that fire today it didn't take long for people to start asking questions about fire brigade funding and housing.

It's great to see, the terms of the debate have been set, the blinkers are off, people are slowly but surely starting to see them for what they are.

Speaking of that fat lump of shite

Boris Johnson slashed London’s fire services in 2014 – and told rival politician to ‘get stuffed’

Boris’s cuts – implemented in 2014 – closed 10 fire stations, with the loss of 552 firefighters’ jobs.

Labour Assembly leader Andrew Dismore asked then-Mayor Boris, ‘How can cutting fire stations, cutting fire engines and cutting firefighters post not be a reduction in fire cover? You’ve lied to the people of London.’

Boris snapped, ‘Get stuffed’ – but apologised saying, ‘It just popped out.’

When the cuts were implemented in 2014, firefighters wept and embraced each other outside stations which closed – including Britain’s oldest, in Clerkenwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3e-aYUusc

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/14/boris-johnson-slashed-londons-fire-services-in-2014-and-told-rival-politician-to-get-stuffed-6708609/

I wish the media would refer to him as they do all other public figures, by his surname.

I can't stand the familiarity and tacit acceptance of the arrogant, ignorant, privileged, entitled Tory pig just because he's got an unusual first name.   I hate him.

• Upvote 3

I wish the media would refer to him as they do all other public figures, by his surname.

I can't stand the familiarity and tacit acceptance of the arrogant, ignorant, privileged, entitled Tory pig just because he's got an unusual first name.   I hate him.

it's not even his real name.  His real name's Darren.

• Upvote 1

Pray for BoJo

• Upvote 1

I can't stand the familiarity and tacit acceptance of the arrogant, ignorant, privileged, entitled Tory pig just because he's got an unusual first name. I hate him.

Makes him sound like a commie

They should use his full name

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson .

Not being self aware enough to realise he had been dealt a shit hand by his parents the soft cunt similarly cursed his 4 children ,

Milo Arthur JohnsonLara Lettice JohnsonTheodore Apollo JohnsonCassia Peaches Johnson

The only mystery here however is how anyone could shag the bloated bellend 4 times.  As Holmes would say "When you have eliminated the impossible whatever is left, however improbable, must be the truth". In this case his wife has access to a turkey baster.

Case solved,