You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Barcelona have identified alternative targets to Philippe Coutinho after accepting that signing the Liverpool forward is “impossible,” according to reports.

Barca had targeted Coutinho as a potential replacement for Neymar, his countryman who joined Paris Saint-Germain earlier this summer.

Liverpool have rejected three bids for the playmaker, with a fourth approach in the offing.

Coutinho even handed in a transfer request in an attempt to force through the move, but the Reds are adamant that they will not sell.

According to Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona have accepted the inevitable.

They report that “the future of Philippe Coutinho is increasingly red”, even if Barca”will go all the way” to sign him.

That will not be enough of course, with Catalan radio station RAC1 conceding that the La Liga club now deem finding a breakthrough with Liverpool “impossible”.

Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri has denied reports that he is on the verge of a £36.7m move to Barcelona.

The Ivory Coast midfielder – previously linked with Liverpool – is said to be a Barcelona target after they gave up on Philippe Coutinho.

Seri recorded an assist in Nice’s 2-0 win over Guingamp this weekend and then said: “I’m not in contact with anyone.

“I focus on what I have to do. If my agents and Barcelona see each other and talk, I don’t know anything about that.

“If it happens, it happens. I’m still a Nice player today, and we’ll see what happens later.”

Yep! Which seems to be his lot the past couple of years - Kent has surpassed him already, and you'd assume Woodburn is ahead as well. 

I think he'll be off at the end of the year. 

Struggling to remember the last time we had a centre-mid, defensive mid or a centre half come through! Don't think I can ever remember a centre-half even making a first team appearance. 

ruqikd9.jpg

Or did you mean one that was any good?

Milner didn't play, but he's no longer the left back. I'm not sure of the point here? Are you trying to show klopp will drops players? As obviously he does, because there's not a manager who's ever been in the game who doesn't drop players.

I don't think Klopp is more loyal to his players than any other manager. Please refer to the post I was replying to.

Resonator's post really, er, resonates. Nevertheless, FSG's apparent reluctance to sell Coutinho in this window doesn't quite fit with the idea that we are at the height of the transfer bubble.

This the transfer/ football bubble isnt gonna burst anytime soon it's gonna go way up. The Sky bubble is gonna burst cause they have failed to adopt. In the next 5-10 years a new format will take its place which will benefit us all

James Pearce when asked if we'll have more signings: Yeah in my opinion I think there will be one mate but nothing definite

He's blatantly talking about VVD, which isn't happening.

So basically we arent signing anybody.

Klopp has been hinting that we need a centre mid. Think that will be the signing. 

Klopp has been hinting that we need a centre mid. Think that will be the signing. 

Could be. I am more inclined to believe we'll go for Van Dijk and a midfielder. But knowing us, we'll soon be reacting to a letter, describing that FSG did all they could, but unfortunately couldn't get us the desired targets.

• Upvote 1

James Pearce when asked if we'll have more signings: Yeah in my opinion I think there will be one mate but nothing definite

If that happens Id happily see every single person sacked who's involved in transfers.

Maybe one?

Fucking hell.