You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

And edvard tagseth has made an amazing start in steven Gerrard's u18 team, showing the class and courage to wear that famous number 8 shirt. The future is indeed bright and we don't want to block the path of such starlets to the 1st team.

We are just so much cleverer than everybody else when it comes to this transfer lark.

• Upvote 2

COUTINHO CHASE 'FINISHED'

The Liverpool Echo are reporting that Barcelona have finally admitted defeat in their pursuit of Philippe Coutinho.

Liverpool have rejected three bids over the course of a month, with the final offer around £118m, and the Echo say "no sum of money would have prompted a change of heart".

So that's that then. Hoorah...

Get in. The excitement from keeping him definitely makes me forget that our said is cripplingly short of good players.

He will be like a new signing along with Lallana and Ings, that's 3 new quality signings already

The Liverpool Echo are reporting that Barcelona have finally admitted defeat in their pursuit of Philippe Coutinho.

Liverpool have rejected three bids over the course of a month, with the final offer around £118m, and the Echo say "no sum of money would have prompted a change of heart".

The sad thing is, I can't help but think this latest declaration from barca about moving on, is just the next step in pressurising Coutinho into making the deal happen. Didn't one of the barca PR machine say a couple of days ago it could go till the end of the window?

The Liverpool Echo are reporting that Barcelona have finally admitted defeat in their pursuit of Philippe Coutinho.

Liverpool have rejected three bids over the course of a month, with the final offer around £118m, and the Echo say "no sum of money would have prompted a change of heart".

It's ok, they'll sell him before next season to achieve a positive net spend on aggregate. We've done about 40mill In preparation for this season, if we can get 118 for Phil next summer we'll get to spend another 40mill! Excelsior!!

The sad thing is, I can't help but think this latest declaration from barca about moving on, is just the next step in pressurising Coutinho into making the deal happen. Didn't one of the barca PR machine say a couple of days ago it could go till the end of the window?

I would agree but then this has been put out in Brazil which seems the start of a backtrack by Phil

ESTADÃO:

It is Barça that manipulated #Coutinho to threaten Liverpool of never playing again as a tactic to increase the deal's likelihood.

ESTADÃO:

#Coutinho's entourage confirms he never had the will to not play for Liverpool but had to follow his representatives instructions.

Posted on @BrazilStat twitter

I would agree but then this has been put out in Brazil which seems the start of a backtrack by Phil

ESTADÃO:

It is Barça that manipulated #Coutinho to threaten Liverpool of never playing again as a tactic to increase the deal's likelihood.

ESTADÃO:

#Coutinho's entourage confirms he never had the will to not play for Liverpool but had to follow his representatives instructions.

Posted on @BrazilStat twitter

Let's hope he's got his head round it and we can move forward.

Sounds reasonable. I know I always find that I am continually forced to do thing I don't want to do by people I am paying to do something for me. 

• Upvote 1

They will be back in on deadline day with a solid offer I think. They've made 3 already and put this daft deadline in. They know if they keep bidding, even if Liverpool fancied selling which they seem to think we do, we will keep rejecting because the more they bid the higher they will go. The height of their desperation was always going to be deadline day. I think they will come come in and offer the £118m up front as if that's too good an offer to refuse. We should reject it and probably will.

My guess is after a belter World Cup he will end up going to Real or PSG next year as they will come in with a much larger bid than Barca would.

I thought James Pearce said (in the Echo) that we are still after VVD but Klopp is looking for a midfielder?

Is that one (he doesn't think VVD) is signing? Because I thought it was quite obvious - VVD and a midfielder, but at the moment VVD isn't on the table.