You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Acting Performances You Can't Accept

Vincent Vega

Johnny Depp in anything,especially Donnie Brasco. Top film but an appalling bit of casting.

Nah he's good in Donnie Brasco. Pacino is brilliant in that though, probably the only really good acting he's done in years as per Flash's point.

De Niro in Silver Linings Playbook is the equivalent.

Paul Giamatti in Billions, sorry I'm just not having it. There's a scene where he makes someone pick up dog shit with their hands, just everything about his character and his acting annoys me. I'm two episodes from the end of season one and I can't watch them. He ruins it.

Your experience may differ.

Any role in which Brad Pitt or Colin Farrell try to extend themselves. Perfectly solid straight actors, the pair of them. But don't seem to respect their limitations.

giphy.gif

tumblr_lrwwnkcyFB1qkz92j.gif

Terrible business this. 

Even fucking uses a clip from the brilliant In Bruges!

• Upvote 1

Shelley Duvall in The Shining. I know that Kubrick's constant ranting at her probably gave her a nervous breakdown, and that the performances in that film were stilted in general, but her acting just looks so awful you wonder how bad the rejected takes were.

Nah he's good in Donnie Brasco. Pacino is brilliant in that though, probably the only really good acting he's done in years as per Flash's point.

De Niro in Silver Linings Playbook is the equivalent.

I read the book and saw surveillance photos of Joe Pistone himself. Johnny Depp was as close as Tom Cruise's reprising of Jack Reacher. Depp is just shite though.

Shelley Duvall in The Shining. I know that Kubrick's constant ranting at her probably gave her a nervous breakdown, and that the performances in that film were stilted in general, but her acting just looks so awful you wonder how bad the rejected takes were.

I don't have a problem with the performance, but I think it's a decent example of why getting genuine reactions isn't always preferable as they usually seem over-acted if anything. She was a gibbering wreck in real life during the shoot.

Terrible business this. 

Even fucking uses a clip from the brilliant In Bruges!

Are you defending Pitt in 12 Monkeys or Burn After Reading? Or Farrell in In Bruges (which is very far from brilliant, despite the presence of Brendan Gleeson)?

Neither of them has any acting range. Which would be fine, if they would respect that fact...

• Upvote 1

Are you defending Pitt in 12 Monkeys or Burn After Reading? Or Farrell in In Bruges (which is very far from brilliant, despite the presence of Brendan Gleeson)?

Neither of them has any acting range. Which would be fine, if they would respect that fact...

Brad Pitt is fantastic in 12 Monkeys. That and Kalifornia really showed he's more than a pretty face