You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

To be fair it was the cuntery of Clegg that took them in to a coalition with the fucking Tory party. He absolutely ruined the Lib Dems. They were the party, especially in rural areas, that attracted some support because they just seemed less twattish than the Tories and Labour. Kennedy was simply a more likeable human than whoever was in charge of Labour and Tory.

I don't disagree with that, except imo, the libdems were all so power hungry, assuming this was their one and only shot at government, that I don't think you can just put that down to clegg, they all fucking loved it.

Clegg got 57 in 2010 though and was basically punished for forming the coalition. I'm no fan of the libdems or clean, but you're basically bending facts to make a stupid argument.

I disagree. Being against war is not necessarily a vote loser, nor is having an unconventional personal life. Remmember Kennedy was called a snake and a traitor during the Iraq war.

The super clean Clegg resigned with 8 seats is a fact; No way Kennedy would have put up with the extreme right wing policies if he had remained leader.

I don't disagree with that, except imo, the libdems were all so power hungry, assuming this was their one and only shot at government, that I don't think you can just put that down to clegg, they all fucking loved it.

I dunno, I've no doubt some of them did. Perhaps I'm giving their MPs a little too much credit in thinking a lot of them were more in the mould of Kennedy than Clegg.

I do remember being pretty disappointed with Vince Cable. 

I dunno, I've no doubt some of them did. Perhaps I'm giving their MPs a little too much credit in thinking a lot of them were more in the mould of Kennedy than Clegg.

I do remember being pretty disappointed with Vince Cable.

Cable was probably the most disappointing of the lot. They all caved on just about everything in order to get some fucked up referendum on PR that was never going to win as it made no sense.

I disagree. Being against war is not necessarily a vote loser, nor is having an unconventional personal life. Remmember Kennedy was called a snake and a traitor during the Iraq war.

The super clean Clegg resigned with 8 seats is a fact; No way Kennedy would have put up with the extreme right wing policies if he had remained leader.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I don't doubt the cuntishness of clegg, but it was his coalition (in which he needed part support and they all wanted) that did for him. We won't know what Kennedy would have done as he was never given the chance to have any power.

Cable was probably the most disappointing of the lot. They all caved on just about everything in order to get some fucked up referendum on PR that was never going to win as it made no sense.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I don't doubt the cuntishness of clegg, but it was his coalition (in which he needed part support and they all wanted) that did for him. We won't know what Kennedy would have done as he was never given the chance to have any power.

Here you are,

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/may/16/charles-kennedy-coalition-views

It's irrelevant. It's like saying you didn't want to win the lottery on the week your numbers come up but you forgot to buy your ticket. Kennedy was never given the chance of power, his view and opinion as a consequence are not a reflection of the choice clegg and his cohorts had.

Personally I'm glad chat show Charlie never made it into power simply because I wouldn't have wanted someone with a seriously abusive relationship with alcohol anywhere near power.  Kennedy wasn't a guy who liked three pints when he said he was only going to have two, he was a full-blown alcoholic who drank himself to death.  I have nothing but sympathy for the fact he couldn't beat that disease but I don't ever want a UK prime minister turning up for summits and being too pissed to get off the plane like Yeltsin used to be.

• Upvote 1

Personally I'm glad chat show Charlie never made it into power simply because I wouldn't have wanted someone with a seriously abusive relationship with alcohol anywhere near power. Kennedy wasn't a guy who liked three pints when he said he was only going to have two, he was a full-blown alcoholic who drank himself to death. I have nothing but sympathy for the fact he couldn't beat that disease but I don't ever want a UK prime minister turning up for summits and being too pissed to get off the plane like Yeltsin used to be.

I go for a pissed up Charlie Kennedy than a sober Nick Clegg any day of the week.

• Upvote 2

It's irrelevant. It's like saying you didn't want to win the lottery on the week your numbers come up but you forgot to buy your ticket. Kennedy was never given the chance of power, his view and opinion as a consequence are not a reflection of the choice clegg and his cohorts had.

I take it that's there is a degree of guess work involved but even if Kennedy did go into a coalition with the tories (although I find that very unlikely) i'd be amazed if Kennedy did not then break away from the coalition once Cameron and Osbornes domestic and foreign policies became apparent.

Squatters rights!!

He said Ms Murphy had been checking to see if the office had been vacated by Ms Malhotra following her resignation.

"As an office manager on the leader of the opposition's floor, Karie has a key to open all offices. She accessed the office in question to confirm when it would be vacated.

"It is a month since Seema Malhotra resigned as shadow chief secretary to the Treasury, and the office is intended for the person holding that position."

Squatters rights!!

He said Ms Murphy had been checking to see if the office had been vacated by Ms Malhotra following her resignation.

"As an office manager on the leader of the opposition's floor, Karie has a key to open all offices. She accessed the office in question to confirm when it would be vacated.

"It is a month since Seema Malhotra resigned as shadow chief secretary to the Treasury, and the office is intended for the person holding that position."

This was a lead story on the BBC, mental.

It highlights how desperate they are becoming. In other news Corbyn has a 32% lead over the Pfizer mob.

It highlights how desperate they are becoming. In other news Corbyn has a 32% lead over the Pfizer mob.

The beams of power are certainly creaking. Tells you Corbyn is doing exactly the right things. The icing on the cake being his allotment.

Yeah this break in story sounds total bollocks.

As John McDonnell rightly pointed out on the Andrew Marr Show, it's a complete cunt's trick, because the office manager is now terrified she's going to lose the job that she depends on (and for which, it's safe to assume, she gets paid less than the MP's £70k.)

Personally I'm glad chat show Charlie never made it into power simply because I wouldn't have wanted someone with a seriously abusive relationship with alcohol anywhere near power.  Kennedy wasn't a guy who liked three pints when he said he was only going to have two, he was a full-blown alcoholic who drank himself to death.  I have nothing but sympathy for the fact he couldn't beat that disease but I don't ever want a UK prime minister turning up for summits and being too pissed to get off the plane like Yeltsin used to be.

Wasn't Anthony Eden off his tits on pills during the Suez Crisis?  That went well!

• Upvote 1

It gets more amusing. One of the support staff who allegedly felt harassed by the office manager invited said manager out for a drink this week and brought her parents to meet her. The poor woman who is accused is a widower with daughters and thinks she's going to get sacked and lose her only source of income.

McDonnell on Marr pulling no punches. " You want to come for me and Jeremy fine, but don't attack staff who can't defend themselves." Or near enough.

Mr Smith has also said his wife, Liz, had been a victim of online abuse and claimed there was now a level of abuse, anti-Semitism and misogyny in Labour that was not there before Mr Corbyn became leader.

This whole narrative is just utter fucking bullshit!

I think it is working against the Smith campaign.

While the press love this crap the great majority of normal people and certainly any that are engaged in the upcoming election will smell bullshit a mile away.

The only difference this is all making is that while I think Corbyn originally was going to win & try to calm everything down afterwards, I think even his piss will be boiling with all this rubbish and he will now win & point several plotters towards deselection or a split.

The whole narrative that they are trying to spin is disgusting and doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Even mentioning Jo Cox's name is cynical as fuck!

The whole thing has put me off both factions of the Labour party for life I reckon. When the election comes I'll be rooting for it as I always do as the lesser of two evils, will vote for a labour MP (though usually not councillor if there's another option like green) but I wouldn't go near it with a barge poll in terms of active support, absolute shower of shite.

The whole thing has put me off both factions of the Labour party for life I reckon. When the election comes I'll be rooting for it as I always do as the lesser of two evils, will vote for a labour MP (though usually not councillor if there's another option like green) but I wouldn't go near it with a barge poll in terms of active support, absolute shower of shite.

The positive things that could come out of it in the medium term is that there may actually be a left wing party again. Whether that is through Blairite Labour MP's being deselected, or whether it is through the party splitting, but it seems that the people are onto the fact Labour is not Labour anymore and they're pretty annoyed about it.

Barry, Gnasher.

From the man who is a member of a party that now has eight (8). members of parliament, eight (8) fucking 8, its like when the old football score teleprinter had to put it up on both literate and numerate incase you didn't believe it.

Arbroath 1 (one) Queen of the South 8 (eight)

Spin it all you like. They are the numbers, 8 (eight) of following the tories into what could be the most catastrophic govt we have have seen in our lifetime, even accounting for Thatcher.