You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers - New Celtic Manager

Good solid away result then get the business done at home.

Well done gaffer

I wouldn't come in my keks yet K-mong old chap,  He showed us repeatedly that he hasn't got much of a clue about Europe.  They'll meet some decent opposition soon enough.

On the poor marking for the Astana goal, Rodgers added: "I think there has been an issue there with set-pieces, long before I came in."

The defence messiah will sort them out.

Think t's a good result in the circumstances but then I'm not one of those supporters desperate to see him fail for no real reason.

They had key defenders injured and as has been said that team played in the cl last season and didn't lose to top teams at home.

Celtic basically have championship players and were embarrassing in Europe last season, it will take Rodgers more than a month to change things.Good result for them getting a lead with the away goal, like the last round they'll win comfortably at home.

They had key defenders injured and as has been said that team played in the cl last season and didn't lose to top teams at home.

Celtic basically have championship players and were embarrassing in Europe last season, it will take Rodgers more than a month to change things.Good result for them getting a lead with the away goal, like the last round they'll win comfortably at home.

You're not helping.

You're not helping.

?

They had players injured, their players are championship quality, they were shite in Europe last season, and I haven't seen a manager transform a team before the season even starts.

Even the people who are not blinded by hate for Rodgers are getting paranoid, everything I said is a fact.

• Downvote 1

There's not even enough rain in Ol Glasgae to wash away the swathes of bullshit this guy can spout. 

I was one of the last hold-outs defending him while he was here, but the more I see of him now, the more I love Klopp.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36909747

His reactions to a draw against Astana (fucking Astana!) are worthy of Hodgson at his worst.

Horrible stuff.

It was an outstanding result.

We showed wonderful mentality to keep fighting.

Everyone was pretty clear in their opinion of the game, that we would do well to come back with anything other than a loss, but the players deserve an immense amount of credit, to fight and show spirit and passion in the game.

We're not getting too carried away; we've got another game against a very good side.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. Rodgers will get a squad of championship battlers to at least the knockout rounds of the Champions League this season.

Someone like Benitez will struggle to get a team of internationals out of the championship.

Sacking Brendan is up there with hiring Souness in our biggest ever fuck ups and it makes me sick

• Downvote 3

Exactly. Rodgers will get a squad of championship battlers to at least the knockout rounds of the Champions League this season.

Someone like Benitez will struggle to get a team of internationals out of the championship.

Sacking Brendan is up there with hiring Souness in our biggest ever fuck ups and it makes me sick

Spot on Sock Puppet

Ha ha ha ha, comparing Rodgers & Benitez records in the Champions League.

Fuck me K-mong, you're a card.  Some people may even consider taking you seriously.

You've still got your WUM L plates on.

God, you're fucking tedious

Piss poor wumming

• Upvote 1

Isnt this the club that pushed the previous gaffer after he won two titles and a cup in two years?

What the hell is Rodgers gonna do?

"I use a quote with the players,'Per aspera ad astra', which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’."

Hopefully that answers your question.

Isnt this the club that pushed the previous gaffer after he won two titles and a cup in two years?

What the hell is Rodgers gonna do?

Yeah but without them cunts in the league. He was poor in the cups. Celtic should have won two trebles under Delia. I know its only scottish football but Rodgers wont know whats hit him if they arent top by october.

• Upvote 1

I've got no axe to grind against Rodgers. He gave it a good go here, almost won the title, but came up short in the end and was rightly replaced. He has a new job and I wish him well.

With that said, I agree that he doesn't help himself. I scanned the beeb link and noticed the word "outstanding." What's wrong with underplaying it? Something like, "The boys worked hard tonight and I'm glad we got an away goal, but the tie is finely balanced and it's only half time..."

Where do you go when something that is really outstanding should happen? What words are left to use?!