Quantcast
Jordan Henderson: European Cup Winning Captain of Liverpool - Page 164 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
dennis tooth

Jordan Henderson: European Cup Winning Captain of Liverpool

On 09/05/2019 at 16:41, dockers_strike said:

He'll never get the recognition from part of the fan base. Even after the magnificent performances he has put in of late, there's only grudging comments about him doing well.

The only thing missing from Hendo's game is being a regular goal scorer. Even if he started banging in goals, people are set in their minds he's not a 'Liverpool player.' The guy next to me in the SKD Upper keeps saying it.

10 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Very good lately, driving from midfield and causing troubles. It's only when he goes back, which he did a few games ago, that he reverts to being a bit average. In a more attacking role, he's doing very well. More importantly, you see how much it means to him. Can't help but love the way he reacts to goals and wins. I hope he gets to lift at least one of the two major trophies that could come from the next two matches. 

9 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Is written this reply a couple of days ago and wondered why it wasn’t showing. Turns out I didn’t post it but it’s still sat here ready to go...

I’ve said on many occasions that he’s not good enough, that he’s too negative, that he lacks bottle, and that he takes the easy way out.

do you know what, he’s been so good in the last few months I’ve changed my mind.

he was outstanding against Barca on Tuesday. 

He clearly can be the excellent player he has he has been lately. He clearly can play progressive, decisive forward passes, and he clearly can show the level of responsibility I want from a starting centre midfielder wearing the armband.

that doesn’t mean it’s not true that there been hundreds of times he hasn’t done those things, but lately he’s been absolutely terrific, so all credit to him.

8 hours ago, magicrat said:

From zero to hero in a few weeks.  Footie fans eh .

8 hours ago, TK421 said:

Lately schmately. 

Over on the Barcelona match thread, someone posted the Inside Anfield footage.  You can see Hendo in the celebration huddle at 4-0 reminding everyone to get composed and focused, because there's still a lot to be done.

tenor.gif?itemid=5382105

14 hours ago, LF:D said:

@stringvest is quiet on this thread! 

Hendo has shut him up. 

Love it! 

Oh dear the bedwetter has had his nappy changed, and after years of being wrong, Hendo’s come good lately.  Stop being obsessed and enjoy the fact that Henderson has been putting on excellent performances in the last month.  I’m enjoying it, and if we win the double I’ll be over the moon, squeaky.

• Upvote 8

On 25/11/2018 at 18:16, viRdjil said:

If you want an example of a player who hides, go back to Keita’s against City... Hendo doesn’t hide, he’s just not an very creative user of the ball.

On 25/11/2018 at 18:30, viRdjil said:

Yeah like I do with Van Dijk, Gomez, Robbo, Salah, Gini, etc. I just don’t subscribe to this herd mentality, especially when it comes to something as silly as accusing the player with the most second most touches (despite playing only 80 mins), that he ‘hides’ from the ball. 

On 25/11/2018 at 19:34, viRdjil said:

Every man and his dog rates Maguire at the moment. If Mourinho had his way in the summer, he would’ve been a United player. I don’t even rate Hendo very highly. He’s a good squad player for us, and before the sending off he didn’t play noticeably worse that he normally does. He constantly gives you a 6 out of 10. Sometimes he gives you a 5 sometimes a 7, but mostly he just sits there and “does a job”.

On 25/11/2018 at 19:47, viRdjil said:

I’ve always maintained that the sending off was stupid... very happy for people to attack him on that.. but there’s no need to make up something that isn’t true e.g., that he hid.. when the stats to easily refute that claim is publicly available.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284968/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Watford-Liverpool

On 26/11/2018 at 09:59, viRdjil said:

You should if you were trying to argue that hides from the ball, as some people currently are, which is nonsense.

aRdja knows

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

12 hours ago, stringvest said:

Oh dear the bedwetter has had his nappy changed, and after years of being wrong, Hendo’s come good lately.  Stop being obsessed and enjoy the fact that Henderson has been putting on excellent performances in the last month.  I’m enjoying it, and if we win the double I’ll be over the moon, squeaky.

Ahhhh so let’s just forget you were a complete cunt to him for years on here. Wrong about him constantly as a player, character & leader. Endless bullshit & belittling of him. 

Don’t give all the Henderson love now, you can shove it up your hairy ass! 

#wrongvest #ipreferredjoeallenvest #illlovehendonowaswemightwinatrophyvest #hairyassvest #hesnotyourcaptainvest #ifkloppwantstobesuccessfulheneedstobinhendovest 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

12 hours ago, stringvest said:

It’s fucking weird how Joe Cole’s biggest fan is now saying people were ‘wrong’ to evaluate Henderson’s contribution as average or poor before his recent and evident upturn in form that has come about from playing a different role. To him, it seems to be that Henderson playing well now means that history is changed and his lack of contribution and loss of his spot in the team didn’t happen. Very strange behaviour. It doesn’t even seem to matter that he said just a week or so ago that Hendo shouldn’t be a starter. Nope, he’s well aboard the ‘I was right and others were wrong’ train for any sort of sense to win through. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LF:D said:

Ahhhh so let’s just forget you were a complete cunt to him for years on here. Wrong about him constantly as a player, character & leader. Endless bullshit & belittling of him. 

#wrongvest #ipreferredjoeallenvest #illlovehendonowaswemightwinatrophyvest #hairyassvest #hesnotyourcaptainvest #ifkloppwantstobesuccessfulheneedstobinhendovest 

Don't think Stringy loves him.

Just acknowledges he's been playing very well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

the ‘I was right and others were wrong’ train

This is much more important than any trophy Liverpool might win.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LF:D said:

He’s mine, I loved him first!  Blimey O’Reilly.

16 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Hearing that Hendo has stopped hiding from the ball.

He never did, that was my whole point.

2 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

He never did, that was my whole point.

Have you asked what people meant by ‘hiding’? Maybe it isn’t ‘didn’t touch the ball’. I always disagreed with the ‘hiding’ thing, but throwing up a stat about touches of a midfielder who would knock it to the CB all game... it doesn’t really prove anything. 

31 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Have you asked what people meant by ‘hiding’? Maybe it isn’t ‘didn’t touch the ball’. I always disagreed with the ‘hiding’ thing, but throwing up a stat about touches of a midfielder who would knock it to the CB all game... it doesn’t really prove anything. 

I assumed hiding is not showing up for the ball. That’s what hiding in football generally means. 

• Upvote 1