You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Better Call Saul

Elite

Did anyone else jump at the end there?

I watched the whole episode and missed the actual final event, just to see the aftermath. Might have to watch it again to see the actual incident.

I watched the whole episode and missed the actual final event, just to see the aftermath. Might have to watch it again to see the actual incident.

I think that was the point, you didn't see it, just experienced it as Kim did, falling asleep at the wheel.

I think that was the point, you didn't see it, just experienced it as Kim did, falling asleep at the wheel.

Was really well done I thought.

And I liked that they gave you a taste of it when she was trying to get her car started. I thought she was going to have a Darwin moment then.

Brilliant final episode.  The writers are always one step ahead,  no mean feat considering we all know what we know. 

Has there ever been a show with better written female characters than Kim and some of the others?  Can't think of one tbh,  but the acting is top notch throughout.  Some really heartbreaking moments this week. Always off kilter and always brilliant. Best show on the telly.

Not really impressed by this series at all. It has all the elements to be great but it just trundles along. I think the only decent episodes involve Mike. I am bored shitless with Jimmy's persona,its the least interesting character there. If it wasn't for it being the prequel to Breaking Bad it would have been dropped by now.

• Upvote 2

1st series was fairly dull, 2nd series great, 3rd series fairly dull again. The last two episodes were good but like Vlad I'm bored with Jimmy now, the story with Gus and Salamanca has kept me watching it.

Guest Pistonbroke

Brilliant final episode.  The writers are always one step ahead,  no mean feat considering we all know what we know. 

Has there ever been a show with better written female characters than Kim and some of the others?  Can't think of one tbh,  but the acting is top notch throughout.  Some really heartbreaking moments this week. Always off kilter and always brilliant. Best show on the telly.

Perfect conclusion to a great series. From Kim making her way to the breakfast bar with her arse cheeks moving about like two ferrets trying to get out of a sack. To Howard pulling out a trick that even surprise Chuck, Chuck's DIY mental breakdown. Salamanca's shit rant before nearly carking it, wheelchair bound, nice touch from the producer to have the ironic bell on Nacho's dads counter. Jimmy finding a conscience to mend the OAP's relationship, finally to Chuck reaching total breaking point and his house going up in flames with him inside it. Will he fry like a chicken on a BBQ or will Jimmy come to his rescue at the start of series 4....Can't wait. 

I like the trundling, like sitting on an old bus taking in the Tuscan scenery along the back roads. You could take the motorway and you'd get to your destination but where would be the joy in the journey. 

Each piece of the story has been carefully crafted, it fits together perfectly in a very pleasurable way. 

Saul strangely reminds me of Ernest G Bilko, always looking for an angle, always looking for a way to make money off someone. Only he has a heart so he can only win for someone else, never himself. 

I'm not sure if they will do this but they could if they wanted run this right up to the time Saul gets another identity. We didn't see what most of the characters were doing in Breaking Bad all of the time, especially Saul. In any case, it's been a delight to watch and the payouts have been brilliant. 

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke

I like the trundling, like sitting on an old bus taking in the Tuscan scenery along the back roads. You could take the motorway and you'd get to your destination but where would be the joy in the journey. 

Each piece of the story has been carefully crafted, it fits together perfectly in a very pleasurable way. 

Saul strangely reminds me of Ernest G Bilko, always looking for an angle, always looking for a way to make money off someone. Only he has a heart so he can only win for someone else, never himself. 

I'm not sure if they will do this but they could if they wanted run this right up to the time Saul gets another identity. We didn't see what most of the characters were doing in Breaking Bad all of the time, especially Saul. In any case, it's been a delight to watch and the payouts have been brilliant. 

Fully agree and the bit I highlighted is definitely an angle the producers could take. I fully expect them to spring back to the present time once BCS has run its course though. Plenty of other story lines they can intertwine with Saul Goodman's/Jimmy's new life. 

Really want to love this but it just is not happening. I get the slow burn idea and the character development but after 3 series nothing really has happened.

Will continue to watch as it is still better than most crap on telly but feel like it needs to up its game a tad. 

• Upvote 1

Really want to love this but it just is not happening. I get the slow burn idea and the character development but after 3 series nothing really has happened.

Will continue to watch as it is still better than most crap on telly but feel like it needs to up its game a tad.

Repped for calling it a 'series'.

Well this is a guarantee they're doing everything right.