You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

If Sakho goes that will be a shame as he is much better than Lovren. If he does go it has to be for good money. No loans. Then perhaps bump Ilori up the batting order and hopefully get a look at him. And Gomez looks like he's been playing at the top for a long time, even though he's only had two Prem games. This assumes no other central defender comes in. 

Sakho's gone, for me.

We obviously need to recoup some more money and it's the same old same old of not being able to shift the shite, so we will end up selling a player or two we need in the squad.

In Sakho's case, one who should be in the team.

Whether replacing Sakho this window, or just projecting forward 12 months, our next few signings need to be top drawer experienced leaders.

Goalie, centre half, central midfield. Add some steel and some serious quality into the spine of our team.

We ain't going to be able to replace Sakho this window.  Decent CB's are at a premium as Chelsea's pursuit of Stones demonstrates. It would be absolutely mental to let Sakho go at the end of the window hoping Gomez can fill in when the inevitable happens and Lovren shits his pants.  Alternatively we could rely on the 73 year old Kolo Toure to roll back the years .I am genuinely angry at this prospect . Normally at my advanced age I can manage a few short rants before forgetting what I was pissed about but the club have really touched a nerve if this is true. FSG out.

I'd take that cunt Williams in place of Kolo even though I do have a soft spot for the big bear but no way would I replace Sakho with him.

If we sign another CB, which I doubt we will, it'll be a youngster with potential again. Personally, I'd keep Sakho until January at least, if he's committed to leaving, and give Ilori a go then see what's on the table in the next window.