You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

I don't think Rodgers trusts Sakho after he walked out following his omission from the Everton match. He's also quite injury prone.

And yet, if Rodgers didn't bring him into the side when he did last season and continued with Lovren, he would have lost his job so if he is flogging him, he better have a replacement lined up. We could keep ten clean sheets in a row with Lovren playing brilliantly and I'd still be expecting him to fuck up big time somewhere down the line.

Instead of Rodgers flogging Sakho. Here's an alternative, a more positive alternative:

How about we flog Rodgers and replace him with a proper World Class manager like Ancelotti who can get the best out of our best players like Sakho.

Also, if I was a Low League manager in your rainy island, I would do everything to sign Aaron Rodgers. I would make him train as hard as he could and promise him first 11 guaranteed place. Then, on August 31st, I would loan him to a lower league club with the instruction to play him only with their youth team. When Brendan Rodgers would phone me to complain, I would speak to him politely and listen to him with a smile on my face, while my sexy, Swedish milf secretary would air play Clarinet with my cock under my desk.

• Upvote 7

Mongo as makeweight !

We should not be selling Sakho period, To Chelsea or anyone else

Its just absolutely bonkers . A position where we didn't strengthen and we were very weak last season yet people are ready to contemplate selling our second best CB at the end of the window. It's a disgwace

Just to clarify my position on Sakho - 

He should be in the team. He is better than Lovren. He is our only defender who steps out with it and picks a pass. That should get the midfield going and in turn see Benteke less isolated. Sakho is a bit gangly or awkward looking at times, but he is a very good player indeed. If we sell him it will be a bad mistake. 

• Upvote 3

The way some talk about Sakho on here, you'd think he was a hybrid of Maldini and Nesta. Sakho isn't that good a defender, he is prone to making mistakes, and no, not because he looks gangly and awkward. He's a better player than Lovren, but in no way is he irreplaceable. Best case scenario is to sell them both and bring an actually good centre back in.

He's better than Lovren and Toure and a blind man can see it, so he should be playing and nowhere near the exit door until they're fucked off.

I actually know no one that would play Lovren ahead of him.  Like Rodgers is trying to get sabotage himself.

• Upvote 1

He's better than Lovren and Toure and a blind man can see it, so he should be playing and nowhere near the exit door until they're fucked off.

I actually know no one that would play Lovren ahead of him. Like Rodgers is trying to get sabotage himself.

You don't know many professional football managers though. Even though he's better than Lovren, he still isn't very good Sakho. If we get a good offer for him, we should accept, and try to get a good defender in before the window closes.

I don't get all the Sakho man love going on. I think it's a matter of how much people hate Lovern instead of how much they love Sakho.

Is it beyond the realms of probability that Lovern will improve the more he plays and become better than Sakho or are we just condemning him now?

• Upvote 2

I don't get all the Sakho man love going on. I think it's a matter of how much people hate Lovern instead of how much they love Sakho.

Is it beyond the realms of probability that Lovern will improve the more he plays and become better than Sakho or are we just condemning him now?

Pace and power are rated before everything else in the premier league.

Pace and power are rated before everything else in the premier league.

I could argue that Hyppia was not the fastest player on our books but could read the game like no other making him one of our best defenders.

Is Lovern at that level? Certainly not but I am getting more comfortable with the idea the more I see him play. At Stoke he was ok, at Anfield on Monday he was marginally better. That's improvement.

I'm not one for exaggeration, but sakho is about 100 billion times better than Lovren

That's not true.

and for that reason alone he shouldn't be sold. If we sell him then Rodgers is a grade A shit sandwich.

Rodgers is a grand A shit sandwich regardless.

Lovren was brutal last night. Made a mug of on a number occasions by average players, easily beaten for a header on a goal that should have scored and inexplicably booted the ball skywards inside on our own box at least twice.

His mistakes are still there, were just not getting punished for them.

• Upvote 1