You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

So you already know or are happy with what we will pay?

Or will we get him for free?

We cant get him for free because of his age when he was out of contract. We offered £5m or £6m but burnley say because spurs offered £10m, we should pay that. As the 2 clubs cannot agree a fee, a tribunal will decide.

I guess we'll end up paying £8m which isnt bad even if people consider him a Championship striker even though he's scored in the PL.

Even if we have to pay £10m for him, we'll still get that and more back if we decided to move him on.

We should stop paying him, tell him that his wages will be used to pay his ridiculously high medical fees.  Then watch for the "miraculous recovery".

He could easily do an interview where he could state that he's as frustrated as we are, that he really is trying but his body just can't handle it.  The fact that he doesn't gives people scope to perpetuate the impression that he doesn't really give a fuck, as long as his hefty wedge hits the bank every month.  I think that's what gets the fans backs up as much as anything else.

We should stop paying him, tell him that his wages will be used to pay his ridiculously high medical fees. Then watch for the "miraculous recovery".

He could easily do an interview where he could state that he's as frustrated as we are, that he really is trying but his body just can't handle it. The fact that he doesn't gives people scope to perpetuate the impression that he doesn't really give a fuck, as long as his hefty wedge hits the bank every month. I think that's what gets the fans backs up as much as anything else.

I see what you are getting at here but for me actions speak louder....

So what if he sits down and trots out a load of shite - easy to say.

He can show he is up for it by dragging his arse out onto the park - if he then breaks down and we can all see he has given it his best shot but is fucked then fair do's.

What narks me is that he appears to not want to really push himself and take ad much time as possible off with each knock/niggle and injury.

You would think after all that has happened and all that has been said (he must read it/hear it) that he would run through a wall to show people - the fact he does not tells us all we need to know in my view and no interview would change that.

Odds on him playing Wednesday? You wouldn't rush to back him would you!

We cant get him for free because of his age when he was out of contract. We offered £5m or £6m but burnley say because spurs offered £10m, we should pay that. As the 2 clubs cannot agree a fee, a tribunal will decide.

I guess we'll end up paying £8m which isnt bad even if people consider him a Championship striker even though he's scored in the PL.

Even if we have to pay £10m for him, we'll still get that and more back if we decided to move him on.

As I have said,I do like Ings and do think he was worth a gamble,but my issue is that we knew he was having serious injury problems last season yet still pursue him despite not bringing Origi back early and knowing full well Sturridge was,well Sturridge!

If I know this and you and most on here know this,then its fuckin insanity to keep signing crocks based on what has gone before.

A fit Ings is worth 8-10 million in todays market,a injury hit Ings is only worth half that. I reckon we will pay around about what hes worth,or slightly over if we pay the £8 million you estimate.

Hope that clears up my view.

I repeat,I dont want rid of him I just think we've acted a bit incompetently once again.

• Upvote 1

As I have said,I do like Ings and do think he was worth a gamble,but my issue is that we knew he was having serious injury problems last season yet still pursue him despite not bringing Origi back early and knowing full well Sturridge was,well Sturridge!

If I know this and you and most on here know this,then its fuckin insanity to keep signing crocks based on what has gone before.

A fit Ings is worth 8-10 million in todays market,a injury hit Ings is only worth half that. I reckon we will pay around about what hes worth,or slightly over if we pay the £8 million you estimate.

Hope that clears up my view.

I repeat,I dont want rid of him I just think we've acted a bit incompetently once again.

Ings played in 34 of the 38 Premier League games last season.

I see what you are getting at here but for me actions speak louder....

So what if he sits down and trots out a load of shite - easy to say.

He can show he is up for it by dragging his arse out onto the park - if he then breaks down and we can all see he has given it his best shot but is fucked then fair do's.

What narks me is that he appears to not want to really push himself and take ad much time as possible off with each knock/niggle and injury.

You would think after all that has happened and all that has been said (he must read it/hear it) that he would run through a wall to show people - the fact he does not tells us all we need to know in my view and no interview would change that.

Odds on him playing Wednesday? You wouldn't rush to back him would you!

Play on Wednesday ?  According to Klopp himself Sturridge can't string 3 or 4 days training together consecutively. 

There's 2 chances of him playing on Wednesday - fuck all and even less.  And not that much either.

It's fucking unfair to expect Sturridge to play, he's just coming back from a career-threatening hamstring strain.

#staystrongdan

#trustinthelord

#mytimeisclose

#holyhamstring

#judashamstring

#feltsomething

#thinkivejusttweakedit

#shouldbeabletorunitoff

#noitsabadonethis

#jesusismyphysio

• Upvote 3

It's fucking unfair to expect Sturridge to play, he's just coming back from a career-threatening hamstring strain.

#staystrongdan

#trustinthelord

#mytimeisclose

#holyhamstring

#judashamstring

#feltsomething

#thinkivejusttweakedit

#shouldbeabletorunitoff

#noitsabadonethis

#jesusismyphysio

#PrayForDaniel

I genuinely wonder whether players earn their full basic when they are injured? Obviously its not fair to penalise anyone wages for being genuinely unable to do their job for health reasons but with premiership football in mind and I'd have thought that at the level of pay that Sturridge earns for instance would a club not have something in the contract that protected them if their 'asset' was out of commission for any length of time? I'm not talking about getting him on SSP but they could halve his pay and he'd still be on more a week than most on here in a year

If not then we're talking about 18 months here with Sturridge and he's probably 'earned' close on £7.5m since the new contract kicked in, and I don't think he's finished a match

• Upvote 1

I genuinely wonder whether players earn their full basic when they are injured? Obviously its not fair to penalise anyone wages for being genuinely unable to do their job for health reasons but with premiership football in mind and I'd have thought that at the level of pay that Sturridge earns for instance would a club not have something in the contract that protected them if their 'asset' was out of commission for any length of time? I'm not talking about getting him on SSP but they could halve his pay and he'd still be on more a week than most on here in a year

If not then we're talking about 18 months here with Sturridge and he's probably 'earned' close on £7.5m since the new contract kicked in, and I don't think he's finished a match

I think they get their full wage, whether they are fit to play or not, otherwise we would never hear of "pay as you play deals.."

Good read didn't know he was so highly thought of by the owners. They wanted him as captain, well I never.

The American owners love Sturridge's raw talent but they also regard him highly in other ways. They gush about his intelligence and if the choice to hand out the captain's armband resided in Boston, the striker would have been wearing it even when Gerrard was still at Anfield. In their minds, Sturridge was the "franchise player