You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is YOUR most hated Liverpool player?

Boss

Who is YOUR most hated Liverpool player of all time?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who is YOUR most hated person associated with LFC?

• Michael Owen
    • Graham Souness
    • El Hajj Diouf
    • Stan Collymore
    • Paul Stewart
    • Joe Cole
    • Paul Ince
    • Paul Konchesky
    • Fernando Torres
    • Stewart Downing
    • Charles Itange
    • Andy Carroll
    • Razor Ruddock
    • David James
    • Javier Mascherano
    • Julian Dicks
    • Other

Owens pretty high up there just for the amount of betrayals. The first being putting England first. Then leaving us for Madrid. Then choosing Newcastle over us on his return. Then signing for the Mancs. Then becoming best mates with Ferguson and mocking us at every opportunity on twitter. Then propagating the myth that we destroyed his career. 

I for one find him reprehensible for trying to saddle up with our fans after his retirement, because he knows full well no other club gives a fuck about him. He had at least 3 or 4 chances to make it right here and shat on us every time.

• Upvote 1

Glen should have been on that list, no doubt. As should Leonhardsen and Bjornebye, just for getting me to realise how far we had fallen at the time. I went for Paul Stewart though, the worst pound for pound signing the club has ever made, and seemingly a bit of a knob as well...

Mate go and fuck yourself with a chainsaw. Stig was a great LB, one of the best left backs we have had in a long time and a peach of a left foot. Massively underrated player. Go and fuck a basketball you yank twat

Diouf. No one comes close.

• Upvote 1

Itandje, absolute joke of a person. Turned up to his first day of training without his gloves, always out on the ale and laughing at the memorial service. Prick.

Yes. He's a good shout. Not sure I'd waste actual hate on him though. A pair of shoes ruined kicking him - yes. Hate - no.

I used to hate David James as he epitomised the whole Spice Boys era. Would make mistakes virtually every game yet was never dropped. Cost us a chance at the league in 1997 and made a stupid mistake in the 1996 FA Cup Final allowing Cantona to score. It wasn't the fact that he made mistakes it was just the way he didn't seem to give a shit and shrugged it off almost laughing. Then started to blame his bad concentration levels on playing computer games. Whether or not the Armani modelling story is true or not I can't believe he ever took playing for Liverpool seriously.

In Euro 2004 he blamed the fact that the England goalkeeping coaches never showed him any DVDs of Zidanes penalties or free kicks despite him being one of if not the best players in the world who was on telly every week.

• Upvote 1

I can't hate a player like Itanje because he's a complete irrelevance, I don't even consider him a Liverpool player. Owen did some incredible stuff for this club and he was straight up about wanting to leave, the manc love in seemed to come after he was abused with chants of 'where were you in Istanbul' because he is quite a spiteful chap.

• Upvote 1