You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The shitness of modern football

Redder Lurtz

On 17/09/2023 at 14:40, Carvalho Diablo said:

Sick of seeing all these daft cunt players with holes torn or cut into the back of their socks.

What the fuck is that shit supposed to be about?

I was literally just thinking this before when I saw Connor Gallagher getting treatment in the Luton game. I've noticed lots of players with one hole on the back of the calf in their socks, but Gallagher's were riddled with them. What's the fucking point of it? Wankers. Refs should start making them leave the field until they come back with proper socks.

4 minutes ago, dave u said:

I was literally just thinking this before when I saw Connor Gallagher getting treatment in the Luton game. I've noticed lots of players with one hole on the back of the calf in their socks, but Gallagher's were riddled with them. What's the fucking point of it? Wankers. Refs should start making them leave the field until they come back with proper socks.

Have kit manufacturers just stopped making decent socks?

On 24/12/2023 at 16:13, Tj hooker said:

Tax dodging bastard Jim Ratcliffe has bought 25% Class A and 25% Class B shares of those Salford twats , can anyone enlighten me why there would be different types of shares please. 

I've not looked properly at the details, but I think the class A are what the glazers own and class B is what is traded on NYSE. Each class A share gets I think 10 votes to 1 share. The class B are 1 to 1. I think the class A shares he's bought have been sold to him by the glazers, so all money goes to them. The class B shares are new issue and the money is to be re invested in the football club - which has been claimed is for a stadium upgrade, but I don't know if it has to be spent on that. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've not looked properly at the details, but I think the class A are what the glazers own and class B is what is traded on NYSE. Each class A share gets I think 10 votes to 1 share. The class B are 1 to 1. I think the class A shares he's bought have been sold to him by the glazers, so all money goes to them. The class B shares are new issue and the money is to be re invested in the football club - which has been claimed is for a stadium upgrade, but I don't know if it has to be spent on that. 

$1.6bn for 25% - $1.3bn to the Glazers and $300m to fix the leaky roof!! The club gets $200m on completion and then remaining $100m by the end of 2024.

3 minutes ago, navbasi said:

$1.6bn for 25% - $1.3bn to the Glazers and $300m to fix the leaky roof!! The club gets $200m on completion and then remaining $100m by the end of 2024.

Well looking at their latest food standards rating, they'll need more than a roofthey might need to buy some new ovens and get a cleaner. 

2 hours ago, col06 said:

The state of things like this on the bbc football page

1045098231_Screenshot2023-12-30201348.jpg.372e760e15144384c1b1687019714dfa.jpg

I see your point, but they have to be favourites to win it. The AFCON will fuck our chances and probably Arsenal's too.

If we were 10 points ahead on the same games played you'd give us a chance. 2 points is fuck all.

Guardiola will expect them to go on a run of wins and will also likely expect us and Arsenal, in particular, to not be able to keep up with them.

He won’t be alone in believing that scenario.

However, the longer it goes with us at least matching their results, and hopefully getting the result against them in March, the more he’ll get agitated and stressed.

It is really in our hands to win the next 19 games, 1-0 in every game if necessary, and while unlikely, it isn’t impossible.

It’ll also put us through the wringer as well!!
What a piss boiler that would be though.