You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Signings under Rodgers

Pureblood

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'm really happy with the players Rodgers has added to the squad, I was happy before the Villa loss and I'm happy now. The dramatic improvement in the quality of the side since Rodgers took over is there for all to see.

Adding so many players at one time might take some adjustment, especially with the likes of Sturridge, Allen, and Sterling our of the team. We have so many new players and partnerships. Wait for the glue to dry, fannies.

Maybe threads like this are why the atmosphere is sometimes abysmal in Anfield?

People who can only be arsed getting behind the team when it's winning, but want to slag off the team, the players, manager and Mighty Red after an indifferent start to the season.

Slagging off is the new support y'all!

Fucking one defeat against Villa is all it has took. Fucking shitehawks. You'll be creaming your kecks again when we beat West Ham, get our CL campaign off to a winning start, and batter the bitters.

So your argument is that the reason the atmosphere at Anfield is shit is because a group of people, who aren't even in the ground, are critically dissecting the match on a discussion forum. You know, a forum to give opinions. You know, a forum which is pretty much the same as any other match day forum on the planet. A forum which no doubt echoes every post-match pub session in the history of football.

Because, if you are, that's ludicrous. 

I'd like to think that such a high-minded and highfalutin superfan such as yourself is at the ground, singing your little heart out in defiance of everyone's meditation session. But we both know you're not.

I like Rodgers. Both the man and the manager.

Where he's taken us from to where we are now is nothing short of miraculous.

He picked the wrong team yesterday and got turned over. Big fucking whoop. It happens to every manager. Let's not forget it's only 2 short weeks ago we turned over Spurs at their place, and we were missing our main striker through injury.

Put the fannies away lads. Ye'll be flicking the bean again tomorrow night.

Ultimately, you'd have to say Rodgers has been a massive success so far, therefore his signings have also been a success overall. After all, we took 1 of the richest clubs all the way last year. After finishing 7th the year before. I think his signings must have had an input in that? Or you just gonna put it down to Luis?

In terms of last season I'd say Rodgers was successful using the squad as a whole but the signings made under him were hit and miss. 

Did he really use the word highfalutin ?  Does that make him a successful poster ?  Or a wait and see poster ?  Or do we just write him off now ?

I like the cut of his jib, therefore he must be a cunt.

Success

Anubis

DimReaper

Jairzinho

Jury's Out

scudger99

Bjornebye

Flop

stringvest

Numerous

Wait and See

Denny Crane

Can't categorise

Tony Manero

• Upvote 2

I'd like the op to spend the day listing all the signings of previous managers, Kenny, Hodge, Rafa, Roy and give a full paragraph on the success and failure of each player. Then give a full run down of other managers signings, Wenger, Moyes, Mancini etc and give another full and comprehensive plus & minus on each players merits.

Then post his findings on Rawk so i can't see them.

• Upvote 4

One crucial thing you missed out TK likelihood of player being loaned after being bought. As Rodgers has around a 20% rate of this happening maybe even higher but I am not very good with stats.

Why is this "crucial"?

Chelsea buy loads of players and loan them out, all clubs do, but Chelsea take the piss.

Borrini was bought for 11 mil loaned to Sunderland who then offered 14 million. That's the way it works. You seem to by looking for imaginary straws to attack our manager.

• Upvote 1

So your argument is that the reason the atmosphere at Anfield is shit is because a group of people, who aren't even in the ground, are critically dissecting the match on a discussion forum. You know, a forum to give opinions. You know, a forum which is pretty much the same as any other match day forum on the planet. A forum which no doubt echoes every post-match pub session in the history of football.

Because, if you are, that's ludicrous.

I'd like to think that such a high-minded and highfalutin superfan such as yourself is at the ground, singing your little heart out in defiance of everyone's meditation session. But we both know you're not.

You can fuck off too.

So, you acknowledge that the views and sentiments on a forum echo those in pubs. Isn't it possible then that the same views and attitudes are present amongst a large proportion of the match going reds?

That they'd sooner focus on the negatives and audibly sigh at a misplaced Coutinho pass, look for a scapegoat, rather than get behind the team?

Are you totally dismissing that as a possibility?

And, stop trying to be cute with the Superfan line. I'm just being realistic. Pointing out that people are being cretinous cunts does not a Superfan make. Pointing out that it's fucking cringeworthy and, ultimately, downright disrespectful to start creating threads to implicitly question if the manager is the right man for the job after a brilliant season which surpassed all expectations does also not constitution being a Superfan.

Cunts are cunts and, frankly, in my opinion, need calling out for it.

We were spoiled last season. It might be our true level, or it could be an anomaly. We'll find out over the course of the season. But, if we aren't at the level that we were last season, it's going to be a long old season if spoiled, juvenile twats throw their toys out of the pram at every blip. There were even people complaining that we only beat Southampton 2-1 in our very first league game. Complaining. About a win.

Utterly fucking ridiculous.

One crucial thing you missed out TK likelihood of player being loaned after being bought. As Rodgers has around a 20% rate of this happening maybe even higher but I am not very good with stats.

You know, I genuinely wished it wasn't you back again this time. 'He's not that sad', I thought. 'No-one can be so self involved after all the grief, all the shit flung at him. He'll have chalked up it up, and moved on. Even he'll have had enough'

Alas....