You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

I see the Express are getting excuses ready on their behalf regarding Di Maria, apparently Van Gaal is not keen as he doesn't want to stall Januzai's development.

I was pissing myself at that this morning.

Having said that, Jizzface or whatever he's called is the best player in the history of Football apparently.

Absolutely cringeworthy last year when they played Sunderland and he scored that volley. Schmeichel was a pundit for Sky and basically made out that we had witness the performance of a genuine world superstar. He also said that one of De Gea's saves was the best ever because he tipped a shot round the post as he started to dive the other way.

Absolutely cringeworthy last year when they played Sunderland and he scored that volley. Schmeichel was a pundit for Sky and basically made out that we had witness the performance of a genuine world superstar. He also said that one of De Gea's saves was the best ever because he tipped a shot round the post as he started to dive the other way.

The Janujzai thing is really puzzling.

I remember after the 5-1 Arsenal game- MOTD do a Sunday lunchtime thing now where they all talk about the games- Mark Chapman (a manc) was quite rightly praising Sterling, something along the lines of best youngster who displays it in the big games etc- cant remember who it was, some commentator sat there practically foamed at the mouth and before Chapman had actually finished his sentence had said "Janujzai" 3 times really loudly.

Even as a Utd fan you could see Chapman thinking -what??????

Ander Herrera £28 million

Luke Shaw £27 million

Marouane Felliani £27.5 million

Wilfried Zaha £15 million

Ashley Young £17 million

Phil Jones £17 million

Chris Smalling £10 million

Berbatov £31 million

Antonio Valencia £16 million

Bebe £7 million

Owen Hargreaves £17 million

How to waste money on absolute shite 101.

or 202 (m)
  • Upvote 1

Januzaj isn't great, but he's by far their most exciting player, which says a lot about the shit Slur left them in.

I actually think he's quite decent and has a chance to become very good.

The problem (from their perspective) is that every top club has at least one or two players that have the potential to become greats.  It's when you have to depend on those players, like we did with Sterling and Suso a couple of years ago, that you know you're in trouble.  Januzaj is probably at least as good as Ibe, but while our squad is strong enough to loan Jordon out to make his learning curve mistakes in someone else's shirt, theirs is so weak that he's one of their main creative players.

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmmmmmm........

I suppose your Join Date lets you off with this, but this place wasn't exactly happiness and light not so long ago.

Yeah thanks for letting me off but I'm fully aware of the pain and misery we experienced. I fail to understand how this negates the joy of seeing the mancs fail.

• Upvote 3

I really think this year could be worse for them than last. I can see them getting some real hidings at home this season. New system, thread bare squad, no confidence and the supporters just waiting to get the green and gold scarves out. Good times.

• Upvote 2

Manchester United fan quits job for Twitter, quits Twitter in five days

Posted by Jonathan Biles on Aug 21, 2014 15:00

Twitter is a mysterious beast, filled with the trappings of normal society, with the luxury of it being mostly meaningless internet fodder. Some use the medium to break news, as newly founded tweeter @TotallyManU decided he wanted to do.  Deadspin chronicled his or her remarkable journey that should be told for generations to come.

@TotallyManU wanted to be a global social-networking anonymous Twitter person, breaking news to all of its devoted fans. The account posted its first tweet on Aug. 17.

Here at TotallyManU we work hard day & night to provide Man United fans with the latest breaking news, plus special offers. Who’s excited?
newsletter.png
Subscribe to the AA Newsletter

— Totally Man U (@TotallyManU)

But @TotallyManU was already in trouble. And, as he or she repeatedly stated, the brains behind the account left a job to do this so you’d better be receptive.

I left my job to start this account and I hope to bring happiness to United fans around the world. Follow my incredible journey. — Totally Man U (@TotallyManU)

The title of the account was also a miscalculation: Calling Manchester United “Man U” is reviled among Manchester United supporters. A fact that forced @TotallyManU to apologize. You would think someone who left their job to dedicate themselves to their favorite team would know this. Perhaps this was a sign that @TotallyManU was doomed from the start.

As founder of TotallyManU I would like to take this time to state that I am deeply saddened if anyone is offended by the name of my company.

In two short days @TotallyManU was on a journey of legitimization, trying to get this Twitter account, which was referred to as a “company,” into the discussion. The first step was trying to contact Manchester United executive vice president Ed Woodward. This was unsuccessful.

Representatives from TotallyManU have been on the phone to
for the last 2 hours. We are hoping to speak to Ed Woodward this evening. — Totally Man U (@TotallyManU)

It gives me intense displeasure to break to you that we were unable to speak to Ed Woodward this evening. We will try again.

And finally:

I am deeply saddened to announce we were unable to contact Ed Woodward via telephone today. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

But this secretive CEO didn’t stop at trying to call one person for two hours. @TotallyManU went to serious lengths to get his followers the news they crave. First, unveiling a plan to reach into savings – after already leaving a job – to track down Angel Di Maria in Madrid. No one was taking phone calls, a plane trip had to be done.

I will be dipping into my savings to fly to Madrid to get the latest on the Di Maria to united deal. I fly tomorrow.

Then, when nothing came of that, the next step would be to get verified on Twitter, after not doing anything other than stating plans for breaking news. This individual was a CEO of a global social-networking company that breaks news, after all.

Hi there. I am the CEO of TotallyManU, a global social-networking company that breaks news to ManUtd fans. How can I get verified?

Accruing 1,200 followers in that short of a period without saying anything is impressive. But the backlash and truly hilarious comments to some tweets were too much for @TotallyManU. This person gave up a job to bring you the news and plan Instagram hangouts and for what? To be ridiculed? Good for nothing, ungrateful Internet folk don’t know an opportunity for breaking news when they see one.

Well it’s safe to say I well and truly fucked up. I shouldn’t of quit my job. My followers are a waste of time and I’ve had shit support.

I left a well paid job to start a twitter account where I could break news to united fans. All I’ve done is receive abuse. Fuck off all of u

And thus ended @TotallyManU’s time on Twitter. Date of demise: Aug. 21.

Ed Woodward is still not taking his calls.

[Deadspin]

• Upvote 6

The Janujzai thing is really puzzling.

I remember after the 5-1 Arsenal game- MOTD do a Sunday lunchtime thing now where they all talk about the games- Mark Chapman (a manc) was quite rightly praising Sterling, something along the lines of best youngster who displays it in the big games etc- cant remember who it was, some commentator sat there practically foamed at the mouth and before Chapman had actually finished his sentence had said "Janujzai" 3 times really loudly.

Even as a Utd fan you could see Chapman thinking -what??????

are you sure about this because i seem to remember him on LFCTV Thurs night show last season talking about being a mad Liverpool fan!  maybe i am mixing him up.

https://twitter.com/TotallyManU

Oh dear.

I am hosting a TotallyManU Instagram party tonight in Manchester! Get your tickets NOW! Message me for details. #TotallyManU

Really low turnout tonight for the TotallyManU Instagram party. I have to say I'm very disappointed.

• Upvote 2