You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

I think a rather important point is being missed in all this.

Mourinho's gripe is that Hazard coming off the pitch left them with 8 outfield players to defend with.

But, erm, if Hazard wasn't lying down, more than likely feigning injury, weren't Chelsea already left with 8 outfield players to defend with anyway?

Maybe this should be pointed out to Shitcoat and he should publicly throw Hazard under a proverbial bus too, for leaving Chelsea at risk of conceding a late goal?

Deflection, siege mentality, fire himself up into a frenzy and with it his players, oh look, big game against City at the weekend early in the season when many are rusty, turn it into a war of attrition, win, Jose's a genius, big match manager, masterclass, rinse and repeat.

This scorched earth pathological cheat policy is both sides of the coin with him, isn't it. How he wins so much, and why he fucks off so soon. Without it he'd obviously still be successful to an extent but not have this King Midas image, and that's evidently what he prizes highest of all.

• Upvote 1

Deflection, siege mentality, fire himself up into a frenzy and with it his players, oh look, big game against City at the weekend early in the season when many are rusty, turn it into a war of attrition, win, Jose's a genius, big match manager, masterclass, rinse and repeat.

This scorched earth pathological cheat policy is both sides of the coin with him, isn't it. How he wins so much, and why he fucks off so soon. Without it he'd obviously still be successful to an extent but not have this King Midas image, and that's evidently what he prizes highest of all.

Agree with all of that.

It makes you wonder what his legacy will be, particularly in light of what others have achieved at Madrid. He won't have the longevity of Ferguson, even if Chelsea seems a natural fit with him as king of the cunts. He's yet to rebuild his own side and sooner or later he makes his own position untenable through the cheap siege mentality, attacking the press, owners, fans or his own players and splitting a dressing room. 

Where has he left to turn to in order to keep cultivating this King Midas image? There's only really PSG and international football that'll take to his style and are of sufficiently high profile.

Sent from myMail for iOS

Been thinking about this and all this press and hoo haa is doing my head in. Can anyone on here name the other physio without looking his name up? No. Would anyone but the people around the bench when he kicked off know anything about what happened if one of the physio's wasn't a woman? No. Its his team, his neck on the line if they lose and he is right that they should know the laws of the game. I think it is sexist the way all these professional 'up in arms' moaning bastards are making a huge deal about it and demanding punishment because he swore at a female. He swore. In the heat of a match he wanted to win. Like him or not, he hasn't done anything wrong here. If she wants to be a physio on a premier league football teams bench then I'm afraid it's equal rights all round. It's not like he grabbed her by the hair and told her she should be doing the dishes then muff punched her is it? Well the headlines would have you think he did. Hysterical nonsense.

I've not seen anyone complain about him swearing at a woman.

I've seen a lot of people complain that he's bang out of order for throwing his medical team under the bus and they're right; he is.  They were right to run onto the pitch, he was a cunt to haul them over the coals for it.  Unfortunately, the reason he did it was to deflect attention from his shitty team dropping points to Swansea, so he's called that one right.

It's almost certainly true that Eva Carneiro is getting much more attention than John [insert surname here] because she's a woman (and therefore someone who has already been noticed, if only because it's a male-dominated profession) but mainly because she's fit and therefore is more newsworthy.  Any quick study of our fine media will show that fit lasses are ideal click-bait and they easily fill column inches (fnaar fnaar).

I've not seen anyone complain about him swearing at a woman.

I've seen a lot of people complain that he's bang out of order for throwing his medical team under the bus and they're right; he is. They were right to run onto the pitch, he was a cunt to haul them over the coals for it. Unfortunately, the reason he did it was to deflect attention from his shitty team dropping points to Swansea, so he's called that one right.

It's almost certainly true that Eva Carneiro is getting much more attention than John [insert surname here] because she's a woman (and therefore someone who has already been noticed, if only because it's a male-dominated profession) but mainly because she's fit and therefore is more newsworthy. Any quick study of our fine media will show that fit lasses are ideal click-bait and they easily fill column inches (fnaar fnaar).

Are you agreeing with me or not here mate

I'm agreeing that there's probably an excessive amount of coverage, not just because she's a splitarse woman, but also because she's fit.

I completely disagree with the idea that Mourinho was right and the physios were naive.  They were doing their job (treating a theoretically injured player) and Mourinho was doing his (being a goat-fingering bellend).

• Upvote 8

If he has indeed called her daughter of a whore and he gets away with it, then the Premier League should be boycotted. The league is filled with corruption, filth and hypocrisy and this could be the final straw.

Provided Suarez was banned and prosecuted for a cultural misunderstanding, then the Portuguese rat should be deported for downgrading a Doctor who offered First Aid to a player and for insulting her Mother.