You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

I still don't think he should be sacked.

Not just the fact it will probably cost us 20m.

We need to grow some balls and he should have been told at the end of last season if we are not in a position to challenge by Christmas you walk. Or we sack you now.

The owners will have 8500 extra seats to fill next season in our swanky new improved Main Stand. If this shit continues, they might find they actually have 10000 or more empty seats to fill instead.

Money will talk. Rodgers will be gone by Christmas if the result and performances are as bad as today.

The owners will have 8500 extra seats to fill next season in our swanky new improved Main Stand. If this shit continues, they might find they actually have 10000 or more empty seats to fill instead.

Money will talk. Rodgers will be gone by Christmas if the result and performances are as bad as today.

You are right but it will probably cost us 20m

Guest Pistonbroke

We need to grow some balls and he should have been told at the end of last season if we are not in a position to challenge by Christmas you walk. Or we sack you now.

Small change to what he could cost us by being way out of his depth. 

But then you face the problem of who you replace him with. There's a reason managers tend to get moved on in the summer.

If we're adrift by Christmas I can see us sticking with Rodgers purely because we'd struggle to attract a replacement now that the purse strings might be getting tightened.

I used to think FSG were ruthless in their ambition, but it's becoming clear that he's their long term plan. They seem happy to keep backing him coming good, changing things around him, no matter the cost; far from being deterred, everything points to them being more sure that in the end it'll be worth it. They're like gamblers chasing a win, the more they pour into the slot machine the more they think it must be close to a pay out.

I think he's got half a season and then it will be assessed. If the owners were going to make a change then it would have happened in the summer, when there was a strong case for it. Since they put him in again you would have to think he will be given at least a decent block of games this season to see how we go. 

If we are there or thereabouts once the difficult opening fixtures have been completed, I think he will carry on for the rest of the season. If we have many more performances like today we will be well off the pace and he will be gone by Christmas. 

Three players at the club can change this. Get Sakho in the middle of the defence, Henderson in the midfield and Sturridge alongside Benteke, and I'm convinced we will look an altogether better team. Then again, there are definite question marks over Rodgers no matter who is in the team. The issue is, 'Can he get the best out of the players he has?' Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. 

I have a lot of sympathy with the viewpoint that wants Klopp/Ancelotti in right away. There's still loads to play for. But whoever said a managerial change so soon into the season makes the owners look stupid (after backing him) was spot on. That's why I think Rodgers is safe until Christmas, barring an absolute disaster if the bottom falls out of the whole thing. 

• Upvote 2

I'd be surprised if it cost £20m to bin him. Even if it did though, it's no argument not to get rid. It's absolute peanuts compared to some of the rest of our spending.

Agreed. Sacking KD cost no more than half that amount. If player ins and outs are anything to go by, I don't think the owners would give much consideration to a sum that size if they decide a change of manager is necessary.

I think he's got half a season and then it will be assessed. If the owners were going to make a change then it would have happened in the summer, when there was a strong case for it. Since they put him in again you would have to think he will be given at least a decent block of games this season to see how we go. 

If we are there or thereabouts once the difficult opening fixtures have been completed, I think he will carry on for the rest of the season. If we have many more performances like today we will be well off the pace and he will be gone by Christmas. 

Three players at the club can change this. Get Sakho in the middle of the defence, Henderson in the midfield and Sturridge alongside Benteke, and I'm convinced we will look an altogether better team. Then again, there are definite question marks over Rodgers no matter who is in the team. The issue is, 'Can he get the best out of the players he has?' Unfortunately it doesn't look like it. 

I have a lot of sympathy with the viewpoint that wants Klopp/Ancelotti in right away. There's still loads to play for. But whoever said a managerial change so soon into the season makes the owners look stupid (after backing him) was spot on. That's why I think Rodgers is safe until Christmas, barring an absolute disaster if the bottom falls out of the whole thing. 

Loads of people left Anfield after the 3rd hit the back of the net. The thing is, walking away from the ground most people myself included didnt seem angry. They seemed to see it for what it was, a pathetic result driven by pathetic tactics by a now widely regarded pathetic manager.

Im just surprised the boo-ing wasnt louder at half time. i dont think he is safe til Christmas. Results will drive that and the owners wont want to see hordes streaming out of Anfield (if they are still in there after a few more shit performances) on the back of defeats.

I hate saying it be we rode our luck at stoke. Lovren was lucky to escape a red card. We rode our luck even more against Bournemouth with not one but two dodgey 'goals.' we battled well or seemed to at arsenal but again, a fortunate lino call saved us from defeat even if that would have been harsh.

Today was just pathetic and was the last straw for me. One up front? 'Benteke's fee will prove to be a bargain'? Fuck off with that shite. He's wank, he cant score from 6 yards at arsenal because he thought it was a cert!

Ive had enough.

• Upvote 2

What is it about getting snotted 3-0 at home to a shite team that hasn't won here in 50 years makes people turn on the manager?

What the fuck do these people want, really?

Er, because the 'shite' team looked more organised than us, looked more inventive than us, were more mobile than us and created more chances than us. Oh and I forgot, they were the away team.

Oh and something else, they havent spent silly fuck loads of money to make their team look better than us.

Agreed. Sacking KD cost no more than half that amount. If player ins and outs are anything to go by, I don't think the owners would give much consideration to a sum that size if they decide a change of manager is necessary.

Perhaps they'll loan him out to protect his value.

• Upvote 2

Genuine question: how has he avoided Hodgson level abuse? He's served up worse, he's spent worse, he talks just as much shit and he's got more baggage off field.

The only thing he hasn't done is teabagged Ferguson instead he has done it to Mourinho. Oh yeah and how can I forget, he got Stevie an ovation at .. Stamford Bridge.

So I ask again: why hasn't he been served up abuse like Hodgson was? Has his PR offensive actually worked?

• Upvote 1

Genuine question: how has he avoided Hodgson level abuse? He's served up worse, he's spent worse, he talks just as much shit and he's got more baggage off field.

The only thing he hasn't done is teabagged Ferguson instead he has done it to Mourinho. Oh yeah and how can I forget, he got Stevie an ovation at .. Stamford Bridge.

So I ask again: why hasn't he been served up abuse like Hodgson was? Has his PR offensive actually worked?

Because he gave us the most exciting season of football in twenty years