You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Clynes strength is the defensive side, he has pace to get up and down the field and is very good 1 on 1.

Makes no odds who you buy if you don't have a system, absolutely none. We just throw everything at the wall to see what sticks. 

There are players in the squad, like Leillana to be fair, who'd be decent enough if they were used consistently in the same system. 

Rodgers has demonstrated time and again that he doesn't know what his best team is, and doesn't know who to buy to rectify it.

Three strikers on the bench and a young winger up front on his own, centre backs with no midfield protection and seemingly no coaching, and still - still - no defensive midfield player.

A right back ain't going to sort that shite out, even if he's Cafu.  

• Upvote 5

Clynes strength is the defensive side, he has pace to get up and down the field and is very good 1 on 1.

Thats my problem he goes walkabout which means out of position which will be a problem when hes ran forward and joe allens just got crunched by a proper centre mid and theres a gap there, next to lovren and jason puncheon or jason euell will be in there, ready to take their LFC stars in their eyes chance if a lifetime hattrick against a big club.

Makes no odds who you buy if you don't have a system, absolutely none. We just throw everything at the wall to see what sticks.

There are players in the squad, like Leillana to be fair, who'd be decent enough if they were used consistently in the same system.

Rodgers has demonstrated time and again that he doesn't know what his best team is, and doesn't know who to buy to rectify it.

Three strikers on the bench and a young winger up front on his own, centre backs with no midfield protection and seemingly no coaching, and still - still - no defensive midfield player.

A right back ain't going to sort that shite out, even if he's Cafu.

Had we signed an arbeloa it actually would help, a player who in doubt has the knowhow to fill in a vacuum of how we would win. Whose first thought is to not concede and dominate his opponent, looking across the defence, barking orders.

Between rodgers and the straightjacket committed committee membership I can only ever see us going for these flavour of the month attacking fullbacks which will get our arses fingered 50 odd times again. In say benitez system clyne would be a decent buy but with rodgers its just another body to keep throwing forward payin no mind to the fact it wont will the hole we need to plug. Id rather keep glen at least he has the game experience and know how and can play both sides and centre. Guess one is cheaper and can be sold on for more, if we can get him for about 10m which is an example of how deluded we are that theyd sell to us at that price, even if they would another club would pay more, again a familiar story might have a familiar end.

This is a contributor to why we're so bad at transfers. If you asked Rodgers what style of football, what formation and what position he's buying for this summer, would he be able to tell you? If he's after Clyne does he know if he's playing 3 or 4 at the back? Does he know if he wants Benteke to play in a front 2 or as a lone striker? If it's as a lone striker then where does Sturridge or Ings fit in? If it's as a 2, then how is he setting the midfield up? Where's he going to play Milner?

There's nobody there who can actually think strategically or critically. The likes of Mike Gordon and Ian Ayre know fuck all about football, the scouts are fucking useless and Rodgers just makes it up as he goes along, desperate (although he wouldn't admit it) for some proper guidance.

To be fair to Rodgers when he came in he did have a plan. He wanted to play 4-3-3- possession football like Barcelona and recruited Joe Allen for that. By December when he'd fucked that off for a different style of play then obviously it's going to make Allen look bad. That's often the problem with signings. We buy for one purpose or another that will soon become obsolete as Rodgers will have a sea change of formation and tactics through the season. Added to his habbit of throwing players in the bin after a handful of games.

• Upvote 4

This is a contributor to why we're so bad at transfers. If you asked Rodgers what style of football, what formation and what position he's buying for this summer, would he be able to tell you? If he's after Clyne does he know if he's playing 3 or 4 at the back? Does he know if he wants Benteke to play in a front 2 or as a lone striker? If it's as a lone striker then where does Sturridge or Ings fit in? If it's as a 2, then how is he setting the midfield up? Where's he going to play Milner?

There's nobody there who can actually think strategically or critically. The likes of Mike Gordon and Ian Ayre know fuck all about football, the scouts are fucking useless and Rodgers just makes it up as he goes along, desperate (although he wouldn't admit it) for some proper guidance.

To be fair to Rodgers when he came in he did have a plan. He wanted to play 4-3-3- possession football like Barcelona and recruited Joe Allen for that. By December when he'd fucked that off for a different style of play then obviously it's going to make Allen look bad. That's often the problem with signings. We buy for one purpose or another that will soon become obsolete as Rodgers will have a sea change of formation and tactics through the season. Added to his habbit of throwing players in the bin after a handful of games.

He lost me at envelopes.

We we're looking decent until those games against the Mancs and Arsenal. I think that knocked the confidence out of the players after what was a pretty good run we were on, that followed by that woeful game against Villa and what little confidence the team had left was completely shattered.  

I think we can point fingers at Rodgers, the club, players and bemoan injuries but I think we've got to remember that we didn't really have anyone to drag us by the scruff of the neck or inspire us like Stevie has done in the past and Suarez last season. Every other club in the top 4/5 had that player this season. 

I have faith Rodgers could turn it around but if we don't get it right this summer he wont make it to Christmas. 

• Upvote 2

We we're looking decent until those games against the Mancs and Arsenal. I think that knocked the confidence out of the players after what was a pretty good run we were on, that followed by that woeful game against Villa and what little confidence the team had left was completely shattered.  

I think we can point fingers at Rodgers, the club, players and bemoan injuries but I think we've got to remember that we didn't really have anyone to drag us by the scruff of the neck or inspire us like Stevie has done in the past and Suarez last season. Every other club in the top 4/5 had that player this season. 

I have faith Rodgers could turn it around but if we don't get it right this summer he wont make it to Christmas. 

City apart, that run was against sides that we should despatch easily. Then we started losing, badly, to the same grade of cloob. No?

Sorry klopp, sorry benitez, we know youd cut off yourtesticles and that of your firstborn to manage us but we just arent interested, brendan is our man thanks, mike gordon and ian ayre think hes a laugh and klopp and benitez dont have the humour bren brings.

Spot on its like the X-factor.

Yanks just aren't very good at football. They're like aliens who go in disguise on planet earth. Like Jeff Bridges in Starman. They look like you, they talk like you, but they think completely differently about pretty much everything. They will never understand this game in a million years.

Agree with everything except they don't talk like you. They have this whiney nasal accent. They can't spell. They have no concept of history before 1776. "Football" means you pick the fecking ball up and run with it whilst wearing three tons of body armoUr. Oh and they won both world wars despite turning up late and bleeding their "friends" white
  • Upvote 1

City apart, that run was against sides that we should despatch easily. Then we started losing, badly, to the same grade of cloob. No?

Swansea and Southampton away are hardly easy fixtures. Burnley and Palace away are tough places to go as well as City found out. You can only beat what's put in front of you too. There's no 'easy' away games in the PL, bar a few exceptions.

Obviously we turned to garbage after those bad results, but as I said, a young squad with shattered confidence and no leaders/top players to turn to was always going to struggle. Sturridge stays fit we get 4th quite easily in my book.

I've said plenty of times I wouldn't be against getting rid of Rodgers if the right manager was willing to come and they had full control of transfers, but I don't believe that will happen so I'm not sure getting rid of Rodgers is the right move.

• Upvote 1

we'd sign Peter Sutcliffe at the moment one eye, weight gain and propensity for murdering prostitutes overlooked.

No chance, we wouldn't pay the wages required for someone of his prominence in the game.

We'll end up with The Suffolkater.

They're looking for an upgrade and when they can't get one they'll hang onto Rodgers making him look even more like a dummy than he does already does and doing wonders for his standing with the players,  FFS come out and give the bloke a ringing endorsement then tell the lazy cunts in the dressing room to fuck off if they don't step up would be a better solution, Either that or just sack him and roll the dice. Not this dithering

The only possible saving grace for Rodgers is either nobody wants to work for these owners or these owners are scared of actually appointing anyone with a clue who might have a bit of an independent streak (Rafa being the obvious example) rather than toeing the party line publicly and briefing the fuck out of everything privately, avoiding any personal accountability, which is the real Liverpool way these days. You can see the owners sounding out people and either ruling people out (Rafa too malcontented, Klopp too passionate, Ancelotti too successful) or being turned down because they don't want the job on FSG's terms. So we end up with a shortlist of Monk, Howe and Sherwood, (the managerial equivalent of Ings, Benteke, Clyne and co) or we just stick with what's there already.

It's the equivalent of doing a global, 'exhaustive' headhunt for a CEO and then just leaving Ian Ayre to do the job because it's the easy thing to do for FSG.

Swansea and Southampton away are hardly easy fixtures.

And we were bloody awful in at least the first half of those games and should have been goals behind if they could have put their chances away or Southampton had been awarded pens. The United/Arsenal first halves were similar, they just put their chances away.

A win's a win (wins that saved us from 8th) but it set the tone for that run that was around the corner. We were all over the place as the plaster that had been stuck on started to peel off.