You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone want anything from the garage?

Section_31

Got a load in the freezer.

I've finished all the orange ones but I've a load of mango flavoured ones left over as they're rank.

Haven't had a Jubbly in about 50 yrs. I know nothing of these mango ones to which you refer - I don't think mangos had been invented back then in Liverpool. It's currently 46 C outside at the moment so I'd gladly try one!

I used to know someone that worked at a 24hr garage' date=' he said he'd often get people come in at 3am asking for tin foil and if they didn't sell it they'd ask for a kitkat instead.

I was sent a bag of kitkats this xmas, the change to a plastic wrapper is an outrage. I loved the ritual of sliding my finger across the top to show the kitkat logo then running my nail in between the fingers to create lines then breaking off a finger.

Kitkat for me.[/quote']

I know where you're coming from! You must have been sent 4 bar Kitkats?...the 2 bar size still has the proper foil and paper wrapper

I know where you're coming from! You must have been sent 4 bar Kitkats?...the 2 bar size still has the proper foil and paper wrapper

There used to be a paper shop on marsh lane bootle owned by two lovely old ladies,early nineteen eighties,think one was called nellie.

Anyway in there one day and she was moaning that some of the local druggies used to buy kit kats just for the foil and throw the actual chocolate on the pavement outside the shop "i think they are snackheads"she said

Everyone in there fell about laughing.!

There used to be a paper shop on marsh lane bootle owned by two lovely old ladies,early nineteen eighties,think one was called nellie.

Anyway in there one day and she was moaning that some of the local druggies used to buy kit kats just for the foil and throw the actual chocolate on the pavement outside the shop "i think they are snackheads"she said

You're making it up now!

Guest ShoePiss

They were the 4 bar kitkats yes, a big bag of them. I'll have to have a word with the quartermaster and get the two finger ones in future. Great info.

Ha, that's the same situation as the lad I knew working at the 24hr garage, no tin foil? Kitkat then please.

They were the 4 bar kitkats yes' date=' a big bag of them. I'll have to have a word with the quartermaster and get the two finger ones in future. Great info.[/quote']

You're right. The paper and real foil is part of the ritual of eating a Kitkat...and always straight from the fridge