You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Looking for signatures re Rangers

Laburnum

You don't come across as funny, but childish & ignorant.

Signed.

would you sign a manc petition? i watched me dad get booted across glasgow central train station by about 8 huns when i was 9, even though he had his son with him just because he had a celtic badge on his jacket.... they are a vile club and deserve what they get because they cheated everyone for years. im not trying to be funny, but i dont want them asking for signatures and praise when they are the fucking worst supporters (mostly, not all) in the land . fucking scumbags thats my opinion. i prob should have ignored the thread but i had a hard on and me bird wasnt in so i shot me bolt all over it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah most Rangers fans are the same aren't they?

Idiot.

see what they did in manchester? and at prenton park years ago? and villereal? they are fucking just like chelsea. shitheads who riot and smash places up in the name of the union jack.

and laburnums given me enough shit on other threads about celtic so fuck it. i also inboxed him offering support if (IF and its a big if) they are found to have done no wrong, in which case i hopoe they get sorted. but it wont happen because they cheated.

would you sign a manc petition? i watched me dad get booted across glasgow central train station by about 8 huns when i was 9, even though he had his son with him just because he had a celtic badge on his jacket.... they are a vile club and deserve what they get because they cheated everyone for years. im not trying to be funny, but i dont want them asking for signatures and praise when they are the fucking worst supporters (mostly, not all) in the land . fucking scumbags thats my opinion. i prob should have ignored the thread but i had a hard on and me bird wasnt in so i shot me bolt all over it.

Seeing something like that would be utterly horrific, and if it was me I'd probably end up with the same views.

But some of the nicest people I've met abroad have been Rangers fans ditto Celtic & jocks in general.

And at least in this case they really do have a point about the HMRC.

Any chance of an even shorter version? I have the attention span of a really must put the washing out.
in short. We were accused if tax dodging. There was a blog emerged which had confidential details which could only come from HMRC. The profile of this was huge and the old saying 'tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth' sums it up. We were assumed guilty by all but everyone. The figures that we were supposedly owing being banded about was as high or more than £90M. Which put off a lot of potential investors. We the ended up with the shyster Whyte (David Murray denies knowing he was a crook) who had no intentions of running the club properly. He failed to pay NI and PAYE for 9 months (how the hell this was allowed?!?) This kicked off the chain of events that put us into administration. But the verdict came back and low and behold we were found not guilty. Had this verdict not taken so long, the chain of events would never have happened.

see what they did in manchester? and at prenton park years ago? and villereal? they are fucking just like chelsea. shitheads who riot and smash places up in the name of the union jack.

and laburnums given me enough shit on other threads about celtic so fuck it. i also inboxed him offering support if (IF and its a big if) they are found to have done no wrong, in which case i hopoe they get sorted. but it wont happen because they cheated.

I don't recall giving anyone shit about Celtic?? We were found not guilty. That's what this thread is all about.

I have a soft spot for Rangers. But the problem for me is that their recent difficulties have exposed the hsambles which is football north of the border, where sectarianism and bigotry are rife, and where rank incompetence stalks the corridors of the SFA.

As it is, I think that Rangers current situation is a plus for Scottish football. There is interest in the fourth tier like never before, the lower clubs are getting record receipts whenever Rangers are in town, commecial revenues have held, as have home attendances and the SPl has become more competitive.

in short. We were accused if tax dodging. There was a blog emerged which had confidential details which could only come from HMRC. The profile of this was huge and the old saying 'tell a lie often enough it becomes the truth' sums it up. We were assumed guilty by all but everyone. The figures that we were supposedly owing being banded about was as high or more than £90M. Which put off a lot of potential investors. We the ended up with the shyster Whyte (David Murray denies knowing he was a crook) who had no intentions of running the club properly. He failed to pay NI and PAYE for 9 months (how the hell this was allowed?!?) This kicked off the chain of events that put us into administration. But the verdict came back and low and behold we were found not guilty. Had this verdict not taken so long, the chain of events would never have happened.

1) So you're accusing HMRC of leaking confidential details to the press. Why would they do this? Are the people running HMRC Celtic fans?

2) You were found non guilty of intentionally doing something "illegal". You still "avoided" tax and still owe all that money to the taxman.

3) You're deluded if you think it was all Whyte's fault. Of course David Murray had the wool pulled over his eyes by the insanely more clever Craig Whyte.

I don't recall giving anyone shit about Celtic?? We were found not guilty. That's what this thread is all about.

Found not guilty of evasion; still guilty of avoidance. So the stigma of illegality has been taken away from you but you still owe all that money. And your whole 9-in-a-row was founded on this; it's what allowed you to bring in De Boer, Gascoigne etc.

Re David Murray - evasion or avoidance: it's still cheating.

Tough one this . Never liked Rangers myself and I do not feel Laburnum is giving the full argument here . On the other hand Stig is acting like a tit and I can not decide if smashing up Manchester is a good or bad thing . May sign in the morning .

Edited by cloggypop

tax dodging soap dodging cheats. fuck em.

Just remember where we were eh. Put it all aside, it is football and the players and supporters did fuck all wrong, the owner did.

We could be in a similar situation, remember that.

Done mate and good luck.

The bigger picture me thinks

Found not guilty of evasion; still guilty of avoidance. So the stigma of illegality has been taken away from you but you still owe all that money. And your whole 9-in-a-row was founded on this; it's what allowed you to bring in De Boer, Gascoigne etc.

9 in a row. LOL best saying nothing rather than risk making a complete fool of yourself. Which you just did. Check the facts, you may get a surprise. :whistle:

1) So you're accusing HMRC of leaking confidential details to the press. Why would they do this? Are the people running HMRC Celtic fans?

2) You were found non guilty of intentionally doing something "illegal". You still "avoided" tax and still owe all that money to the taxman.

3) You're deluded if you think it was all Whyte's fault. Of course David Murray had the wool pulled over his eyes by the insanely more clever Craig Whyte.

1. Information Confidential to HMRC was leaked. So someone within HMRC leaked it. How difficult is that to understand?

2. I think you will find you are wrong. The only tax owed is that accrued by Whyte not paying.

3. Not for one minute do I think Craig Whyte is solely to blame. Murray is just as and even more guilty.

Tough one this . Never liked Rangers myself and I do not feel Laburnum is giving the full argument here . On the other hand Stig is acting like a tit and I can not decide if smashing up Manchester is a good or bad thing . May sign in the morning .
this whole smashing up Manchester thing gets right on my tits. There was reported in excess of 200,000 Rangers fans in Manchester. How many were involved? couple of hundred or more? Are we all to be tarred with the same brush? I, like every person I know who was there, wasn't aware of any trouble until the news the next morning.

this whole smashing up Manchester thing gets right on my tits. There was reported in excess of 200,000 Rangers fans in Manchester. How many were involved? couple of hundred or more? Are we all to be tarred with the same brush? I, like every person I know who was there, wasn't aware of any trouble until the news the next morning.

Good or bad though ?

9 in a row years. Season 1988/89 to 1996/97

EBT's first used in 2001

petition signed.

The only stain that remains on the club is the tenure of Craig Whyte and it now seems reasonable to state that it could have been avoided with a more efficient and sympathetic approach to the tax case. Hopefully the full force of the law will be brought to bear on any wrongdoing in that instance and we can also put that episode behind us in the months to come.

Yes we did do something wrong to end up in Div 3, or more to the point Craig Whyte did. He was allowed by HMRC to go 9 months without paying NI or PAYE. Which ultimately kicked it all off. Thats one of the things that needs investigating.

Not for one minute do I think Craig Whyte is solely to blame. Murray is just as and even more guilty.

Sorry mate, I sympathise with you as a fan, but Rangers abused their position as the establishment club in Scotland for as long as I can remember, not just though it's dubious fiscal arrangements but also in the way it manipulated the media.

The original text you shared with us is horribly one eyed. Anyone that signed that has signed up to a set of (at best) half truths. I think even you recognise that, at least subconsciously in your own contradiction.

Rangers would do well to take their medicine and keep their heads held high as they repair the damage of previous administrations, as McCoist has largely done. That said, I believe they have now been punished enough and the rest of Scottish football also needs to move on.

Just remember where we were eh. Put it all aside, it is football and the players and supporters did fuck all wrong, the owner did.

We could be in a similar situation, remember that.

Done mate and good luck.

The bigger picture me thinks

Genuine question, if it happened to United or Chelsea and their supporters posted it on here would you sign the petition?

Sorry mate, I sympathise with you as a fan, but Rangers abused their position as the establishment club in Scotland for as long as I can remember, not just though it's dubious fiscal arrangements but also in the way it manipulated the media.

The original text you shared with us is horribly one eyed. Anyone that signed that has signed up to a set of (at best) half truths. I think even you recognise that, at least subconsciously in your own contradiction.

Rangers would do well to take their medicine and keep their heads held high as they repair the damage of previous administrations, as McCoist has largely done. That said, I believe they have now been punished enough and the rest of Scottish football also needs to move on.

Abused their position in what way?

Rangers have had the Scottish media, especially printed outlets, under it's thumb for many years. In addition, it's pretty evident that major decisions made by the SFA hierarchy in the 80s and 90s were largely made at the behest of the Old Firm - TV rights, SPL re-structuring, tolerance of sectarian aspects...... and so on.

It's a claim that can be levelled at Celtic too but particularly relevant to Rangers since Murray brought a level of media and structural management previously unseen up here. Once you add the financial ethics that were clearly in play, it adds to a pretty unsavoury picture.