You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Just thinking about those two Fowler goals against them at this stage back in '96. The second one always stands out because it was just a case of him absolutely hitting the sweet spot, a truly sublime goal, but I loved the diving header too. He could score them all and was just an absolute machine at that point.

In fact he had a habit of doing it to Villa, there's also that incredible strike from outside the box he scored against them in the league, after going past Stan Staunton like he wasn't there, which ends with him in amongst our fans behind the goal.

Great, great memories.

In fact, think I may be mixing a couple of different goals up here. I thought the Villa league goal was the one where one of our lot shook his hand and looked stunned, but I can't find footage which shows it.

Don't know how anyone can feel guilty over wanting Chelsea to beat the Mancs.

I cheered that Hazard goal earlier. Not even ashamed to admit it.

me too. By the time the camera showed Hazard celebrating with the others I started to mutter something about being still a pack of blue cunts.

How, or why, does anybody who has a fucking clue about football think, or in some cases, strongly believe, that Villa will beat us? Oh yeah, it's a one off game and anything can happen, and it's the FA Cup and anything can happen, and it's eleven v eleven and anything can happen, and we set aside our own footballing judgement because anything can happen. So don't watch the fucking game because anything can happen - you might even see us win and that would just depress you. 

Un-fucking-believable shithouse thinking. Unless it's some sort of superstitious fatalism that gobshites employ before big games, which, considering the number of major games that we have won over the years, makes less fucking sense.

It's Liverpool against those Brummie cunts. Then it's Liverpool against those Cockney cunts. We'll win the FA Cup. Fuck every other possible outcome, it's our year, it's our cup! Anything can happen, though.

• Upvote 2

Oh aye, defo with you there, Mark M. I can't stand those cunts. Their manager is detestable, as are some of their players, but Chelsea are very much second tier hatred for me.

Nobody trumps Everton and the Mancs in the hate stakes. They'll always be our rivals regardless of division or status.

I think the Chelsea rivalry is similar to how my old man felt about Notts Forest hack in the day; a team you'll never tire of beating, but fucking no chance you'd want to see the Mancs or the shite turn them over.

with Chelsea I think it's the total lack of class that their shithouse support has, the way they went from being a nomark club to suddenly thinking they are a big club just because of a lottery win. The horrible twats they have had playing for them and the absolute fucking beaut that manages them now.

They represent everything shite about modern footy, on and off the pitch.

All that said the bitters and the mancs remain our biggest rivals in my book, but with both of them there is for me a grudging respect underneath it all..I have no respect for chelsea at all and I don't think I know any Reds who do.

• Upvote 2

Chelsea are winning the title no matter what. There's a very small outside chance that Man Utd could get sucked back into the scrap for fourth. Unlikely as that is, it meant a Chelsea win today was the right result for us.

The dislike for Man Utd runs deep. The dislike for Chelsea is, for most, more recent, since they won the lottery and hired the most classless, cynical, anti-football manager - the quintessential 'play the percentages' man - not a bad tactic for a team punching above its weight, but the most cowardly tactic imaginable for a team with almost unlimited resources.

• Upvote 2

How, or why, does anybody who has a fucking clue about football think, or in some cases, strongly believe, that Villa will beat us? Oh yeah, it's a one off game and anything can happen, and it's the FA Cup and anything can happen, and it's eleven v eleven and anything can happen, and we set aside our own footballing judgement because anything can happen. So don't watch the fucking game because anything can happen - you might even see us win and that would just depress you.

Un-fucking-believable shithouse thinking. Unless it's some sort of superstitious fatalism that gobshites employ before big games, which, considering the number of major games that we have won over the years, makes less fucking sense.

It's Liverpool against those Brummie cunts. Then it's Liverpool against those Cockney cunts. We'll win the FA Cup. Fuck every other possible outcome, it's our year, it's our cup! Anything can happen, though.

Apologies, posted before reading the last line!

Van Gaal's interview with the Beeb after yesterday's match is a fucking disgrace. Cunt should be made apologise for that carry on. Stupid twat lost a game of football so it's ok to make a holy show of a poor fella just trying to do his job. Football people living in a bubble with no appreciation for the bigger things going on in the world. Try living in a Syrian refugee camp for a few days you fucking Butthead looking, smarmy, pinch faced wanker.

Superb rant!

The former Leeds captain Trevor Cherry has branded the six United players who withdrew at short notice from Saturday’s match against Charlton a “disgrace” and called for them to be sacked by the club.

The Italian quartet Mirco Antenucci, Giuseppe Bellusci, Dario del Fabro and Marco Silvestri, the Frenchman Souleymane Doukara and the Albanian Edgar Cani all told their beleaguered head coach Neil Redfearn they were injured and could not travel to London.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/19/six-leeds-players-withdraw-sackings

Him and his mates clattered enough people to know who's shamming and who's not. Good to see someone calling this kind of thing out.