You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SD... seriously? Ambition? That crooked mafia cunt bankrolling them to high heaven is hardly showing ambition, its throwing money at whatever wanker will take the biggest pay check.

Football is dead. Chelsea loaded the gun and Man City fired the bullet. Accept it, romancing it with so called ambition doesn't change a thing. If we had an oil rich sheik at the time do you really think we'd have signed Peter Crouch after winning big ears? We signed players we could afford to sign... oh yeah - and Fernando Torres a little later.

SD... seriously? Ambition? That crooked mafia cunt bankrolling them to high heaven is hardly showing ambition, its throwing money at whatever wanker will take the biggest pay check.

Football is dead. Chelsea loaded the gun and Man City fired the bullet. Accept it, romancing it with so called ambition doesn't change a thing. If we had an oil rich sheik at the time do you really think we'd have signed Peter Crouch after winning big ears? We signed players we could afford to sign... oh yeah - and Fernando Torres a little later.

Couldn't have worded it better myself

Right, right. Because of course we've never splashed the cash, and we've definitely never broken the British transfer record, let alone broken it on several occasions.

As I've pointed out before, the haves whining about the have-mores is pretty sickening when 99% of clubs are have-nots.

Guest davelfc
Right, right. Because of course we've never splashed the cash, and we've definitely never broken the British transfer record, let alone broken it on several occasions.

As I've pointed out before, the haves whining about the have-mores is pretty sickening when 99% of clubs are have-nots.

Remind me when we bought Dalglish did the money come from a russian oligarch, rich arabs or money that the club earned and generated from it's own success?

Also if that signing had been a big mistake would we have had the cash to just replace him?

citeh and chavski play with no risk in the transfer market because they can easily offload and replace as they like. Oh 50m for a useless striker, no worry just write most of that off. They can pay obscene money for players to bench them or loan them out to help themselves.

Your equating the obscenity of football money in the modern world to ourselves years ago is sickeningly stupid.

Fucking ridiculous this fucking sport now. Most of the best players are hoarded up at a few clubs even though only 11 of them can play at the same time. Then when they have to sit on the bench for a season they go and complain about it in the media. Thick fucking cunts.

I fucking hope they sign Hulk as well, just so I can see our old number 9's miserable face when he's back on his arse.

These teams can only put 11 on the pitch and the more they amass that dont play the bigger the problems they are taking on i dont care who they buy or for how much my team is Liverpool my players wear red and they are the best team in the world bar none

More concerning to us is that we are now in the first year of Uefa financial fair play where clubs accounts will be considered over the next three seasons? Given that Chelsea are already returning huge losses and have to balance the books by 2015 it doesn't appear to be restricting them in the transfer market?

FSG's strategy appears to be based around the impact of the fair play rules and it's a worrying sign that Chelsea are still feeling able to spend huge amounts on transfers and wages that they clearly aren't going to generate through their own turnover. I'm expecting a massive Russian based sponsorship deal to be announced shortly.

More concerning to us is that we are now in the first year of Uefa financial fair play where clubs accounts will be considered over the next three seasons? Given that Chelsea are already returning huge losses and have to balance the books by 2015 it doesn't appear to be restricting them in the transfer market?

FSG's strategy appears to be based around the impact of the fair play rules and it's a worrying sign that Chelsea are still feeling able to spend huge amounts on transfers and wages that they clearly aren't going to generate through their own turnover. I'm expecting a massive Russian based sponsorship deal to be announced shortly.

Theres talk there is a deal lined up with Molotovs cocktails or Putins peanuts as there new sponsor.

Why would you need to be great at defending if you spend all your time in the opposition half?

Amazing that more managers don't figure this out.

You'd have to ask that question to Pep Guardiola and ask yourself if they got past Chelsea this season...

Anyway, Hazard proving himself to be a nice fit for that gang of cunts at Stamford Bridge. Publicly plays out a "will I won't I" scenario in the media and on Twitter, then joins a managerless club. Fuck all to do with the money or his massive ego, oh no.

Hope the cunt does a Casiraghi.