You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Harris - Liverpool's enemy

Rashid

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the BBC & Sky Sports websites parry has confirmed stevie is unhappy, also says it's nothing to do with Money & it's about stevie wanting to win trophies, what a crock of shit. This is about one thing & one thing only, if your steven gerrard & your main aim is silverware you do not sign for chelsea, he could have his pick of ANY club in the world. I agree with Steve Horton if he joins them has is a cunt & will never be welcome back at Anfield.

Boyhood red you're havin a laugh.

As I said above,if he's still in doubt about his future after speaking to Parry and Benitez on his return then I'd rather sell him than have his possible departure hanging over the the club for the next year.

Correct.

Who the fuck outside London and the M25 gives a fuck about Chelsea.......

Worldwide Club ? (snigger)

Does he honestly believe Roman's here for the long hall ?

If it was The Arse or top flight abroad then fair enough.

But FFS Chelsea ???

If there's no truth in it, why no denial ?

He'll more than know what's gettin reported back here.

So if it's true.....fuck 'im.

How much money does one man need.

Parry and Benitez both spoke at length about it, and both confirmed that he is unhappy and considering his future.

Maybe now those doubters on here who were having none of it will be convinced. Or is this still just Harry Harris making mischief?

Seems to me that it's just a matter of time, so the quesion is: How much is he worth? If Rio & juan are worth £30 mil+, then we shouldn't be selling for less that £45 mil in my opinion, personally I'd insist on us taking Duff off their hands, as they've signed that Robben.

If Chelsea are desperate to get him and bearing in mind they need to offload excess squad numbers,we should ask for Gallas,Duff and Parker (total disposal value £25m??) plus the balance in cash which should be enough to buy the likes of Ayala and Abelda or Baraja.And we wouldn't have touched any cash from sales or from the Thai or other corporate deal.

Seems to me that it's just a matter of time, so the quesion is: How much is he worth? If Rio & juan are worth £30 mil+, then we shouldn't be selling for less that £45 mil in my opinion, personally I'd insist on us taking Duff off their hands, as they've signed that Robben.

I honestly don't think that Duff + £50m is out of the question.

They want him badly. We badly want to keep him. They have billions of pounds. We could do with billions of pounds.

If Stevie reall wants to go there then we should just hold them to ransom in a large manner. I'd seriously start our bargaining at £100m+ and if we get half that? laughing!

If they won't pay it, then tough shit - Stevie stays here and personally I'd let him rot in the reserves for being such a mercenary fuckhole.

Then watch Chelsea come crawling back in the January Transfer window prepared to meet our demands then!

He cost us fuck all anyway so we have absolutely nothing to lose (apart from Stevie himself) and only massive, massive £ to gain.

Parry says Gerrard told him he doesn't want to be 35 and not have won anything.

Gerrard wanted the club to make changes to show they could match his ambition. So they went out and got arguably the best coach in Europe. On top of that, they are trying to secure investment which will allow said best coach in Europe to buy top players.

I'm not happy about the proposed link up with the Thai's, but the idea of trying to bring in investment is a sound one. So the club in my opinion have done all they could so far this summer to address what went wrong the last couple of years. Yet Gerrard still isn't happy?

Sorry, but this is about money, nothing else.

Guest banner78

ive always hated chelsea,but with this stuff with gerrard plus the fact that twat kenyon works for them now makes me hate them even more

Stevie will come back down to earth I suspect and stay with the club. When we make demi-gods of these players it unleashes an avaricious ego inside them.

He ain't no demi-God after this. Whether he stays or not, he's exploded the myth about him being such a big red. When it's all said and done, he's no different to anyone else.

Oh, and by the way, as a sidenote to all this, I hope England get royally fucked in their next two games. The sooner he's home the sooner this gets sorted one way or another.

Oh, and by the way, as a sidenote to all this, I hope England get royally fucked in their next two games. The sooner he's home the sooner this gets sorted one way or another.

Amen to that brother.

Our Directors have told us all that we can go home at 4.30 so we can catch the ENgland game.

I've told them I'll stay and man the phones 'til half six.

I'd rather do that than watch England. That says it all.

Go Switzerland!!!!!!!

Parry says Gerrard told him he doesn't want to be 35 and not have won anything.

Gerrard wanted the club to make changes to show they could match his ambition. So they went out and got arguably the best coach in Europe. On top of that, they are trying to secure investment which will allow said best coach in Europe to buy top players.

I'm not happy about the proposed link up with the Thai's, but the idea of trying to bring in investment is a sound one. So the club in my opinion have done all they could so far this summer to address what went wrong the last couple of years. Yet Gerrard still isn't happy?

Sorry, but this is about money, nothing else.

dave, but parry also said he last spoke to gerrard "over 3 weeks ago, in fact when the season ended and he was very unhappy". Now if that's the case, does it not make sense that it was partly stevies unhappyness with GH still being in charge that caused him to speak to parry? Could that be a large part in the reason why GH was sacked? Is it not possible with us having a new man in charge he's now perfectly happy? Parry gave me the impression he's not too worried. In fact I'd go as far as to say he knows Stevie and Owen are staying and that will be seen as a great coup by benitez to give him some good press and credibility before the season starts.

Until I hear the lad himself speak, I think it's very harsh on him to start questioning his loyalty to LFC.

I am really disappointed in Steven. He has said in the past how much the club means to him but it seems that money is more important. He is kidding nobody if he says that he is going to Chelsea for medals. They have won ONE title and they are not in the same league as a club like Real Madrid. His head has obviously been turned by big money offers and I thought he was a better person than this. I will never think of him in the same way. It is not like he is nearing the end of his career. He has plenty of time left at Anfield to win something. Even if stayed another couple of years, he would still only be about 26 years old. It is not like his last chance to win the title. I know some people argue that anyone would accept millions to change jobs. But football is not like a normal job. I don't think the board should beg him to stay, if he wants to go, then I say let him. Nothing should affect the team and Liverpool FC is much bigger than Steven Gerrard.

dave, but parry also said he last spoke to gerrard "over 3 weeks ago, in fact when the season ended and he was very unhappy". Now if that's the case, does it not make sense that it was partly stevies unhappyness with GH still being in charge that caused him to speak to parry? Could that be a large part in the reason why GH was sacked? Is it not possible with us having a new man in charge he's now perfectly happy? Parry gave me the impression he's not too worried. In fact I'd go as far as to say he knows Stevie and Owen are staying and that will be seen as a great coup by benitez to give him some good press and credibility before the season starts.

Until I hear the lad himself speak, I think it's very harsh on him to start questioning his loyalty to LFC.

Sorry to speak on your behalf, Dave. But FOR FUCKS SAKE, people. Steven Gerrard IS considering a move away from Anfield.

Why would Dave put his neck on the line by saying he was if he wasn't.

Spoke to Dave yesterday at length about this (on the goilf course no-less, what, what, what), and also about the sources from which the story has come from.

And the FACT of the matter is, Steven Gerrard IS seriously consdering a move. It's not harsh at all to question his loyalty becaus that's a fact.

Anyone saying "it'll never happen" is just fucking blind, because it very well just might.

So just stop banging on with all this "it'll never happen" or "I'll believe it when I see it" or "Stevie's a loyal red" and all that bollocks, because there IS truth in this story. Fact. :-)

I am really disappointed in Steven. Even if stayed another couple of years, he would still only be about 26 years old. It is not like his last chance to win the title. I know some people argue that anyone would accept millions to change jobs. But football is not like a normal job. I don't think the board should beg him to stay, if he wants to go, then I say let him. Nothing should affect the team and Liverpool FC is much bigger than Steven Gerrard.

I agree. Stevie only just turned 24 a few weeks ago. Even on his current contract, by the time he is 35 he will be sorted for life with the amalgamation of his wages and sponsorship deals etc.... if money is his motivation then fuck him, he is not fit to wear the shirt if that is his driving force. If he goes to Chelsea then it is not possible that anything other than greed has motivated his move.

Tom R. I agree with you about Stevie's valuation. The Russian can afford to pay over the odds for him, and we should not let our most valuable asset go for anything less than we can get for him, mercenary or not. They have paid silly money for flops, and now they have the chance to buy the real thing, they should smash all transfer records. He is still young, still not reached his prime, so for me £50+ is not unreasonable.

If he went to a top European side, then I could hold few grudges against Stevie, and genuinely wish him good luck...

If he goes to Chelsea then it will make my blood boil, and there will be no way back for Stevie, and no way he could ever make amens.

Liverpool Legend.... you're havin a laff.................

If he stays then all this will seem a bit harsh, but him even considering going to Chelsea is bad enough, and if he stays there will be some apologising to do to the fans before I could even consider giving him "hero status" again.

The story's ran since......what.... Sunday ?

It's been printed everyday since.........in all the papers........ and been on Sky Sports news 24/7.

All he has to say is it's shite and he's staying/was never leaving.

Problem solved.

Over to you, Stevie.

Sorry to speak on your behalf, Dave. But FOR FUCKS SAKE, people. Steven Gerrard IS considering a move away from Anfield.

Never fell out with your family Tom? Engaged mouth before brain?

Stevie, like most of us, doesn't have absolute confidence that the club is trying to recapture former glories.

It's up to Rafa and Parry now - prove we're not here simply to battle for 4th (and the odd cup) every season.

I know people want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but this has got nothing to do with how he felt three, four, even five weeks ago. It's how he feels now.

He was unhappy with how things we're going an that was undoubtedly a factor in the club getting rid of GH and bringing in Benitez. But Gerrard is still unhappy for whatever reason.

He is DEFINITELY seriously thinking of going to Chelsea. I wouldn't make that statement unless I was 100% sure of it, and I am sure.

As things stand, he wants to go. I've read comments on here and other forums dismissing that, but I've heard it from too many people with good connections to Gerrard and I'm sure he wants out. If people don't want to believe it, fine. No doubt many of those are the same people who refused to believe Houllier was going, even on the day a press conference had been called.

I have a lot of confidence that Benitez could talk him round, but you know something, I'm not sure I even want him to now. Even if he stays, there'll be a permanent cloud hanging over us, with speculation about him leaving popping up all the time.

I'd rather we just focussed on players who want to be here. If he wants to go to Chelsea, let him. Screw them for all we can, and give Benitez the money to build his own team, just like he had to do when Valencia lost Mendieta and Claudio Lopez.

As for wanting to hear him speak before questioning his loyalty, his silence speaks volumes. He's had the opportunity to deny it and refused. If there was nothing in it all he had to do was make one comment denying it, but he couldn't because he knows he's thinking of leaving.

He knows the speculation is rife, he knows the fans are worried sick about it. Yet he says nothing, even when directly asked about it.

So damn right I'm questioning his loyalty.

Carragher for captain.

It's up to Rafa and Parry now - prove we're not here simply to battle for 4th (and the odd cup) every season.

I don't think Rafa Benitez is the kind of man who would be happy with battling for 4th place. He certainly wouldn't parade it as a success.

Cochcaer, I think you may be being a bit naive ( i hope i'm wrong here) because a big fat wad of cash has been dangled under Stevie's nose, and that seems to be the main thing luring him away from anfield...

I think that even if the club sign a few class players, it will not sway Stevie in any way, and he is looking for an easy way out, and "lack of ambition" certainly fits the bill....

Not to let Rafa outline his plans and give him the chance to carry them out, would show Stevie to be motivated by money..

As Rashid says, he was eager enough to dismiss the rumours about Arsenal and the Mancs, who are more successful than Chelsea, but obviously can't offer him the same money!! Go figure.........

I agree. Stevie only just turned 24 a few weeks ago. Even on his current contract, by the time he is 35 he will be sorted for life with the amalgamation of his wages and sponsorship deals etc.... if money is his motivation then fuck him, he is not fit to wear the shirt if that is his driving force. If he goes to Chelsea then it is not possible that anything other than greed has motivated his move.

Tom R. I agree with you about Stevie's valuation. The Russian can afford to pay over the odds for him, and we should not let our most valuable asset go for anything less than we can get for him, mercenary or not. They have paid silly money for flops, and now they have the chance to buy the real thing, they should smash all transfer records. He is still young, still not reached his prime, so for me £50+ is not unreasonable.

If he went to a top European side, then I could hold few grudges against Stevie, and genuinely wish him good luck...

If he goes to Chelsea then it will make my blood boil, and there will be no way back for Stevie, and no way he could ever make amens.

Liverpool Legend.... you're havin a laff.................

If he stays then all this will seem a bit harsh, but him even considering going to Chelsea is bad enough, and if he stays there will be some apologising to do to the fans before I could even consider giving him "hero status" again.

I'm just hoping that Stevie is using the power and influence that he clearly has, as club captain, to really make the board and teh new manager realise that the past few seasons are just not good enough for LFC.

I'm really hoping he's just flirting with Chelsea to help give everyone at LFC a kick up the arse.

But whatever his reasoning he IS flirting with Chelsea.

"Parry says Gerrard told him he doesn't want to be 35 and not have won anything"

He has already won something. I saw him and Mickey lifting the Worthy cup in Anfield (Wales Branch) in 2003!! Got to be happy with that!!!

I don't doubt the veracity of Dave's assertion but I think we are sometimes too quick to knock our idols. Are we all journalists then? Look at the way we 'worship' Owen. It's always been well he cares more about England blah, not scally enough blah, not one of us blah.

Look how quick people were to be critical of the board at the end of the season. No balls we said. Won't make the tough decisions we whined etc. Then they sack GH and its all 'never had any doubts', good old Ricky P. Last season gave us enough to whinge about why do we need to add to the list. Let's be a bit more glass half full for a bit. Rafa is in place and if the new away kit is to be believed the future's bright, the future's orange

Stevie was a GIANT last season. He was nearly always our man of the match so I say cut him some slack - he's earnt it. If someone was offering to throw loads of cash at you your head would be turned too. If it turns out that he goes to Chelsea in the close season then I say fuck him and rightly so. But if he doesn't then he continues to deserve our support. So lets make our decisions THEN based on events not via the thought police.

Whilst being a fully paid up member of the 'No one is bigger than the club' club LFC are presently better with Gerrard than without him.

I remember that Inter Milan at one point wanted Owen, on which Houllier replied something like ”If we get £50 mill + Recoba you can have his left foot”

I am not sure what kind of games Liverpool, Parry, Gerrard and others are playing here, but I think we are a bit naive if we think this is all about Gerrard looking for a place to earn more money or a greater chance of trophies. Why didn’t Parry from the beginning state that Gerrard is not for sale at any price? Why did he have to add that ”He is not for sale at any price, unless…..”. Who started this game, Gerrard or Parry? Or Chelsea/Ferguson/media?

Liverpool have gone whitout Champions League and the money it generates, for some time now. We haven’t had suksess in the UEFA-cup, but we have made heavy investments in the squad under Houllier. When the Houllier-experiment failed, we need to rebuild our squad starting with a new manager. I am sure Parry want to give Benitez the same amount of money Houllier recieved, but as for now he don’t have it. He tried to sell of to the Thai-PM, but it seems to fail, or at least hit some delays.

So, by seeing this from another angel, this could be a case of Parry trying to collect a stable of cash earmarked a reconstruction of the club. By hinting to Chelsea that they could buy Gerrard if Gerrard himself want to go, Parry actually starts fucking with Gerrards mind. By doing it this way, he covers his own back. ”There was nothing we could do when Gerrard wanted away”.

I am not as enlightened as Dave U, I don’t have access to the same information he have (I live in Norway). So this is just a conspiracy-thought from my end. (and probably not a well-formulated one either:-)