You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sounds terrible. I'm just hopeful its a hoax or he fully recovers soon.

Get well soon mate.

He'd posted on his Facebook on the 17th:

Paddy Berger is treating his increasing blindness and shitness by doing the sensible thing and not going to the Doctors and self medicating by drinking Whisky until I fall over and being sick in a bowl.

And then the next post is the one that Byrnie mentions today.

Sounds terrible. I'm just hopeful its a hoax or he fully recovers soon.

Get well soon mate.

I don't think it's a hoax, from the Xpert 11 forum

By Tasmanian

Currently Rob is in hospital with Viral Meningitis and has lost his sight. There is every chance that he will be blind for some time. I am devastated by this news as he is a good mate of mine. I am unsure as to when or if he will be back. I will pass on your messages of good will to him, but it is unlikely that he will return.

Rob rang one of my colleagues at work the other day and told her he`d been poorly.She said he sounded quite positive. I`ve not had a chance to speak to him and have`nt seen him for a while since he moved away. I`ll get in touch with him tomorrow and pass on everyones good wishes. I`m sure he`ll appreciate it, although he`s a bit of a cunt really and will probably call everyone fit to burn. I`ll post on here when I get some more news (hopefully positive).