You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

His representatives have been hitting the crack pipe hard, they reckon he can get £160,000 a week elsewhere.

Not so sure on that when he's out of contract in a season.

If City got him on a free they'd give him it, especially with their lack of players meeting the homegrown quota.

His beard alone must cost somewhere in the region of 15 -18k a week for grooming and maintenance, I say give him the money. Sure it's raw and it's no way the finished product but once it sees a few finals, some silverware and a proper CL campaign, that beard could become Xabi-esque, not only in the thickness of it's down but also in it's facial coverage. I say do it.  

• Upvote 1

Did you forgot t put your glasses on when you looked at their pictures.  They look nothing alike.  Well I suppose they're both White.

I was watching that game on the telly last night and I thought there was a similarity.  Maybe I need a 65 inch curved 4D council house telly and a trip to Specsavers

I think/hope the club are just being a lot more intelligent with contracts.  There has probably been all sorts of analysis on players wages wasted over the past decade done by the club.  I have no doubt the money we were paying Carroll will have been laughable and he probably would have came for a lower wage.  That was probably going on all over the place as well.  Rather than just going in and giving the players what they want they are just bartering with them.  The club are in an okay position until it hits the summer.  As soon as a players contract falls under 2 years to go their value falls faster than a car coming from the showroom.  The club will know this and that's why I expect it to be dealt with in the summer.  If not they will have to sell and we do not want to be rebuilding again.  They are 2 first 11 players.

In any case the extra money they are asking for will be peanuts compared to the loss in value if somebody wanted to buy them pre to post contract signing.  It's going to be a crucial period for the club in the summer.  If we can get through it without any of the squad leaving (other than Gerrard and Johnson) I think we will be ready for a title challenge next season.

I'd rather lose Sterling than Henderson but would prefer to keep both.

Sterling has been pretty ordinary of late though while Henderson has been consistently good.

Sterling would be the bigger loss, he has been poor lately but that was after all stories about his contract came out and he has played a few games as a wb.

We could get a player that offers what Henderson does or even get better, Sterling covers a few positions and looks like he will go on to be one of the best in his position in Europe.

Some journo was on talksport last night and said he thought madrids two signings in the summer would be Sterling and De Gea with possibly Ronaldo and bale going, hopefully it's not true unless we can do a deal for one of the two leaving them.

• Downvote 1

I'm quoting that so you can read it back to yourself

The journo is someone I've never heard of and it does sound dodgy to me that they would get rid of Ronaldo and replace him with Sterling.

On Ronaldo I always had a feeling we could have a chance of getting him after Madrid as he has always seemed very respectful towards us.

If he was available I could see the club paying the wages/fee if affordable, he would deliver on the pitch and financial side for the club.

We would need to be in the cl and sell the idea to him that winning the prem with lfc would be the biggest award he could get in club football now that he's won everything and would be leaving real the biggest club.

Manus recent decline in the last couple of years has made it a more unlikely though as they could sell him a similar idea but maybe no cl for them could swing it our way.

The journo is someone I've never heard of and it does sound dodgy to me that they would get rid of Ronaldo and replace him with Sterling.

On Ronaldo I always had a feeling we could have a chance of getting him after Madrid as he has always seemed very respectful towards us.

If he was available I could see the club paying the wages/fee if affordable, he would deliver on the pitch and financial side for the club.

We would need to be in the cl and sell the idea to him that winning the prem with lfc would be the biggest award he could get in club football now that he's won everything and would be leaving real the biggest club.

Manus recent decline in the last couple of years has made it a more unlikely though as they could sell him a similar idea but maybe no cl for them could swing it our way.

The first sentence starts out as someone kind of on the right lines, admittedly having walked across the electric rail and lost a leg to get there, then stumbling in front of a train and getting their face wiped off, but on the right lines nonetheless.

The rest of it though just has to be filed under try and think of the least FSG, least supposed Moneyballs move they could possibly try to make; a player hitting his 30's, after the biggest wage in the history of the sport, needing a massive transfer fee, little-no resale value, declining from his peak shortly.  Think if there is any transfer of any player in world football that FSG would be less likely to go for the financials of...maybe Messi, maybe.

Then, Ronaldo is feted at our greatest rivals as one of their heroes, they want him back and have more money than us, they don't have FSG's recruitment policy, and desperately need someone or something to give the whole club CPR.  Plus, even without that they would never, ever consider letting him come here without a fight if they could stop it by hoying money around.

Then, he would know that he would be hated there forever for signing here, which may or may not be an issue to him, but certainly can be a factor for some not wishing to sully the way they're seen at a club where they were a great.

And that's all if he'd even be up for coming back to England and it's relatively poor weather at the tail-end of his career in the first place, to the greatest rivals of his old club, in preference to them, for less money than they would give him, in a deal our owners would never, ever do.

Other than that, all gravy.

• Upvote 1

The first sentence starts out as someone kind of on the right lines, admittedly having walked across the electric rail and lost a leg to get there, then stumbling in front of a train and getting their face wiped off, but on the right lines nonetheless.

The rest of it though just has to be filed under try and think of the least FSG, least supposed Moneyballs move they could possibly try to make; a player hitting his 30's, after the biggest wage in the history of the sport, needing a massive transfer fee, little-no resale value, declining from his peak shortly. Think if there is any transfer of any player in world football that FSG would be less likely to go for the financials of...maybe Messi, maybe.

Then, Ronaldo is feted at our greatest rivals as one of their heroes, they want him back and have more money than us, they don't have FSG's recruitment policy, and desperately need someone or something to give the whole club CPR. Plus, even without that they would never, ever consider letting him come here without a fight if they could stop it by hoying money around.

Then, he would know that he would be hated there forever for signing here, which may or may not be an issue to him, but certainly can be a factor for some not wishing to sully the way they're seen at a club where they were a great.

And that's all if he'd even be up for coming back to England and it's relatively poor weather at the tail-end of his career in the first place, to the greatest rivals of his old club, in preference to them, for less money than they would give him, in a deal our owners would never, ever do.

If I could write well I'd have written all that.

• Upvote 1

The rest of it though just has to be filed under try and think of the least FSG, least supposed Moneyballs move they could possibly try to make; a player hitting his 30's, after the biggest wage in the history of the sport, needing a massive transfer fee, little-no resale value, declining from his peak shortly. Think if there is any transfer of any player in world football that FSG would be less likely to go for the financials of...maybe Messi, maybe.

Then, Ronaldo is feted at our greatest rivals as one of their heroes, they want him back and have more money than us, they don't have FSG's recruitment policy, and desperately need someone or something to give the whole club CPR. Plus, even without that they would never, ever consider letting him come here without a fight if they could stop it by hoying money around.

On the financial side he wouldn't go for more then what Madrid payed and we could give them sterling as part of the deal which should cover half the fee.

On the wages they should be able to make an exception for one of the best players in the world who would bring in a lot of money with merchandise, exposure etc.

I'm talking about a scenario where he's leaving Madrid, Italy's shit, Bayern could tempt him but in the prem he could win titles with the others but the title here would be bigger and give him bigger personal adulation.

I got the impression he didn't care about Manu when there but you are right they have money and there would be simliar adulation for him there if he brought them the title back.

Ronaldos main aim is to make himself look as good as possible which is why I think it could appeal to him coming here and being the hero, whoever out of us that was in the cl would make an impact aswell as he wants the goal scoring record.

I don't expect it to ever happen but if he was to leave Madrid I think it would be possible, he recognises us as a big club it would just require us to pay what's required and get someone from the club to charm him.

Come with us into the portal of Jermaine's mind, open your third eye chakra wide and feel the LSD stretching your pineal gland. Feel his DMT soaked words etching their way into your subconscious mind, as the world you knew falls away and all alternate reality's appear possible.

dude-flying.gif?w=650

Ronaldo loves us, Madrid would love to sell him, FSG will sanction his wages and transfer fee, Ronaldo loves the idea of winning the league with us. 

And as these words are repeated over and over in your subconscious mind, you start to feel a sense of euphoric bliss. You realise that anything is possible and even probable in Jermaine's mind. All thought is limitless and scenario's previously unimaginable suddenly become vividly real.

• Upvote 9