You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

The Liverpool Social Services Memorial Bowl.

(Today's the day that Boss Hogg formally signs off our city's money to guarantee a loan for a private venture that private financiers are obviously too wary to get involved in.)

Done isn't it...?

Seems he is happy to do so based on Everton won't get relegated..

Leicester wouldn't win the league would they?

Joe Quimby

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/31/everton-new-stadium-liverpool-city-council

He added: “We are not demanding caveats. With Liverpool we did give the new owners a time limit to assess the situation and decide between a new stand at Anfield or a new stadium on Stanley Park, which was already agreed, because of the uncertainty and because European funding that had to be clawed back. With Everton, it is different. They own the land at Bramley Moore and it’s up to them to put conditions in place that satisfy their shareholders and the club. They are aware of my feelings and I want them to crack on. Hopefully, if we get the chance to host the Commonwealth Games in 2022, the stadium will be in place.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a politicians argument, Everton don't own that land at all.

What protection does the council have in place if the stadium goes over budget? If it does will it leave them exposed to risk that Everton can't meet the payments?

Is Anderson trying to rush this through before the Liverpool City Region mayor vote?

It sounds hugely risky for the council to act as guarantor in my view. I think the TV money may well have peaked given the report in The Guardian yesterday about falling audiences on Sky and BT and the struggle to prevent streaming due to the advances of technology.

• Upvote 1

I've got a horrible feeling that Everton have no intention of meeting the payments of this loan long term. With the knowledge that the city will have to take over the payments if they default, I think they'll take the risk of declaring hardship and get the rent payments down to peppercorn levels. The city can't afford the pressure of any public / media outcry if they tell them to fuck off and throw them out and will just say plans were in place to address this. This ground has got Finch Farm / Springfield monorail written all over it.

• Upvote 1

I've got a horrible feeling that Everton have no intention of meeting the payments of this loan long term. With the knowledge that the city will have to take over the payments if they default, I think they'll take the risk of declaring hardship and get the rent payments down to peppercorn levels. The city can't afford the pressure of any public / media outcry if they tell them to fuck off and throw them out and will just say plans were in place to address this. This ground has got Finch Farm / Springfield monorail written all over it.

Even if the council are going you guarantee this loan it ultimately Meaux shit.

They may get a better interest rate but the lender is still going to check the councils ability to repay thd loan should Everton default.

Liverpool city council has to pay for vital services with its budget after those services have been paid how much income does the council gave left over; is there enough to repay the remainder of the loan?

As far as I am aware if thd council has a surplus does central government pay less money to local authorities ?

Lyle Lanley Satis Nisi Monorail.

• Upvote 1

Even if the council are going you guarantee this loan it ultimately Meaux shit.

They may get a better interest rate but the lender is still going to check the councils ability to repay thd loan should Everton default.

Liverpool city council has to pay for vital services with its budget after those services have been paid how much income does the council gave left over; is there enough to repay the remainder of the loan?

As far as I am aware if thd council has a surplus does central government pay less money to local authorities ?

I can't get my head round the fact a council whose just had its budget reduced and is having to close public services as it can't keep funding them, can be a better bet for the lowest interest rate available as a guarantor than an international billionaire. Something's not right with this deal. I reckon if the city gets the commonwealth games, then we'll find out exactly what.

• Upvote 1

I can't get my head round the fact a council whose just had its budget reduced and is having to close public services as it can't keep funding them, can be a better bet for the lowest interest rate available as a guarantor than an international billionaire. Something's not right with this deal. I reckon if the city gets the commonwealth games, then we'll find out exactly what.

Surely Moshi owns property he can use to secure the loan. The council doesn't own anything worth 300 million plus it can use as security on the loan and if it did then I am not sure if could actually sell it.

Surely Moshi owns property he can use to secure the loan. The council doesn't own anything worth 300 million plus it can use as security on the loan and if it did then I am not sure if could actually sell it.

According to the twitter bitter, Usmanaov is the secret backer here and moshi is just the front. although if some scruff from Rhyl knows this then I'm sure the powers that be know too. Woe betide any bloo who dares raise any concerns about this deal, the vitriol that reigns down is incredible. You'd think with their modern day history of

Gold played deals turning to shit, the majority of them would be asking the questions but then you remember they call press conferences to class themselves as the people's club of the city and the hoardes get back into line with smiles on their faces and their tummys tickled.

If any older members on here remember the fast show, there was a running sketch throughout where the office staff would storm into the managers office kicking off and the manager would get puppies out the desk / start juggling etc and they'd be that distracted the manager would slide out the door while they were fawning over each other. used to take the piss out of my blue mates that was them whenever they'd kick off over another fuck up they'd made and Bill would get a red shite quote out in the press to distract them.

• Upvote 2