You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

It's all only too obvious how it's all going to end, isn't it?

They're going to sell Stones and Lukaku for about 100m combined, but then struggle to attract any high-end players to replace them.  They'll end up with a couple of Sigurdsson-level signings (someone injury-prone or over the hill that makes them desperate), maybe an overrated striker for 30m who's nowhere near as good as Lukaku, and somehow convince themselves that they've spent big money despite actually ending up bringing more in fees for players they sold.

I'm going to go ahead and predict:

Stones - 45m 

Lukaku - 55m

Bony - 30m

Sigurdsson - 25m

Winston Reid - 20m

Strootman - 20m

I'd be surprised if they got Reid.  He's already at a bigger club, with a better squad and a new stadium.  What would Everton be able to do to persuade West Ham to sell or persuade Reid to join them?

Yeah, seems normal to me. Lalanna and henderson being next door is a bit weird I suppose.

Yea, but even then its like... "So, some squadmates asked to be next door neighbors?"...  Not getting it.

The argies all used to hang out at each others houses all the time when Mash and Tevez were all in the Northwest.  So, it's not exactly unheard of or anything...

Yea, but even then its like... "So, some squadmates asked to be next door neighbors?"...  Not getting it.

The argies all used to hang out at each others houses all the time when Mash and Tevez were all in the Northwest.  So, it's not exactly unheard of or anything...

It's one of the gayest things ever.

I'd be surprised if they got Reid.  He's already at a bigger club, with a better squad and a new stadium.  What would Everton be able to do to persuade West Ham to sell or persuade Reid to join them?

I wasn't really predicting they'll get Reid, I meant it more in the sense of the type of signing they'll get to replace Stones - overpriced, overrated, and over the hill.

I doubt Henderson and Lallana even know anything about this. No, I reckon Klopp is planning some kind of late night runaway knock high jinks. And the fan in Coutinho's room, that will be sprinkled with a fine coating of farting powder, no doubt in my mind about that. You are invited to draw your own conclusions from the fact that the management team are looking for smoking rooms. I won't speculate on what they're smoking or comment on the fact that there's no ban on snacks in their suites.

I doubt Henderson and Lallana even know anything about this. No, I reckon Klopp is planning some kind of late night runaway knock high jinks. And the fan in Coutinho's room, that will be sprinkled with a fine coating of farting powder, no doubt in my mind about that. You are invited to draw your own conclusions from the fact that the management team are looking for smoking rooms. I won't speculate on what they're smoking or comment on the fact that there's no ban on snacks in their suites.

You're thinking of the Arsenal management team's hotel instructions.

PA-10044662.jpg

Citing Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium which hosted Manchester’s 2002 Commonwealth Games Mr Blanchard said it could help Liverpool’s case if, as has been previously suggested, any stadium built in Liverpool became the home of Everton.

He said: “We want to avoid white elephants. The federation are very hot that any bid must show a strong sustainable legacy for the area.”

Mayor Anderson has already raised hopes and expectations that Everton will be re-housed in a new stadium “within three years”.

To meet that timescale the club’s new home would have to be designed and built long before the CGF takes its vote about where to host the 2026 games.

Paul Blanchard is chief executive of England’s Commonwealth Games association - known as Commonwealth Games England.

He said: “Liverpool would need a plan and facilities.”

Pointing to the £500m-plus it cost Glasgow to stage the 2014 games, Mr Blanchard added: “The biggest thing is how it would be funded and where the funding underwrite would come from.”

Traditionally, national governments have acted as a financial guarantor.

Mr Blanchard said: “We are very happy to have a chat with Liverpool or Birmingham or any other city that comes up with a credible proposal. We would want to sit down with Liverpool and understand how they would want to achieve that.

“You have football stadiums and the Echo Arena. That’s certainly a decent start.

“Liverpool has a lot of pride in its sports teams. Its people are likely to rally round the flag.”

The voting takes place 7 years before the games are to take place, Fat Joe is using this as a vote winner for his own future, although he has been careful with his words which of course he would be being a politician. 

They face opposition from Cardiff and Birmingham

According to the Birmingham Mail the 2026 Games would coincide with the opening of Birmingham’s HS2 station and giant Curzon and Smithfield regeneration schemes – and city leaders say it would offer an international showcase.

There is also a new 50-metre pool at the University of Birmingham which along with the Alexander Stadium and Barclaycard Arena, they say their city boasts infrastructure no other outside London could match.

Birmingham Perry Barr MP Khalid Mahmood said, with the council now under new leadership after John Clancy took over, and plans to boost the economy by 2026, it should think again on bidding to host the international event.

And City MP Liam Byrne (Lab Hodge Hill) said Birmingham had strong infrastructure already, adding: “We have a strong track record of hosting international sports events and we have a lot of infrastructure and the visitor economy already in place.”

Fat Joe is a politican but he's certainly showing signs of being an evertonian, it's anything but a done deal on who will get the games and any stadium would have to be built soon and of course those important transport links too. Forget that, they simply will get a new stadium and the city will get the commonwealth games, otherwise it's some conspiracy to deprive them.

Any new stadium for the bitters with an increased capacity would be a white elephant. They cannot fill their current one, they don't have a season ticket waiting list and they're not exactly a tourist draw. Who the fuck would want to take on a visit to some stadium on the docks where a mid table team plays to half empty crowds. Do tourists flock to see Stoke's stadium, I doubt it. 

Surely any money their new half owner puts in would be in the form of loans, they seem to be forgetting that. Not a sheik, he's an investor. Not some Russian oligarch, he's an investor. If I wasn't laughing so much I'd actually fear for them.

The voting takes place 7 years before the games are to take place, Fat Joe is using this as a vote winner for his own future, although he has been careful with his words which of course he would be being a politician.

They face opposition from Cardiff and Birmingham

Fat Joe is a politican but he's certainly showing signs of being an evertonian, it's anything but a done deal on who will get the games and any stadium would have to be built soon and of course those important transport links too. Forget that, they simply will get a new stadium and the city will get the commonwealth games, otherwise it's some conspiracy to deprive them.

Any new stadium for the bitters with an increased capacity would be a white elephant. They cannot fill their current one, they don't have a season ticket waiting list and they're not exactly a tourist draw. Who the fuck would want to take on a visit to some stadium on the docks where a mid table team plays to half empty crowds. Do tourists flock to see Stoke's stadium, I doubt it.

Surely any money their new half owner puts in would be in the form of loans, they seem to be forgetting that. Not a sheik, he's an investor. Not some Russian oligarch, he's an investor. If I wasn't laughing so much I'd actually fear for them.

If they want to avoid white elephants, they should start by handing Neville Southall a stadium ban. The fat cunt.

They bid £16.7m for William Carvalho even though he has a release clause of £37m. Realistically a bid of £28m would get him.

Thought they were loaded

They're saving it to build the new stadium for cash and buy Pogba, and James Rodriguez.  They can buy anything they want, remember? Must not want Carvalho too much.