You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

42 minutes ago, redheart said:

They are unflushable. The fates have already decided that Everton stay up.

The penalty miss by Leicester and now Leeds, and the Forest draw today all show that they will stay up.

Twas fun whilst it lasted

I thought forest and Leeds where good results, the shite have gone.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Still one of the funniest things ever

You can imagine being a blueshite watching that thinking fuck me here we go. Quickly forgotten that they got the lad out with a knife passed from a fan from the Gwladys by the way. 

• Haha 5

Mad things happen in the last few games, Leeds are shite but they got a West Ham team hopefully concentrating on the Euro Johnson paints thingy & a Spurs in total disarray. Forest might already be safe. I slag the Mrs off for being an eternal optimist too, but it’s still happening 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Let's lose to Leicester to shake things up

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

A Leicester win is quite appealing if I’m totally honest. Shocking I know. I’m not proud. 

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. 

I’ll be pissed off if we lose, but if it ended up being for the greater good in the end, then, well… Maybe we’d look back at it fondly. 

Having said that, Leicester are fucking shite and there is zero chance of us dropping points there. They’re an absolute shambles and unfortunately for them, ours is a functioning football team again. 

15 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. 

I’ll be pissed off if we lose, but if it ended up being for the greater good in the end, then, well… Maybe we’d look back at it fondly. 

Having said that, Leicester are fucking shite and there is zero chance of us dropping points there. They’re an absolute shambles and unfortunately for them, ours is a functioning football team again. 

I will never look fondly on a Liverpool defeat.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Behave. One game if it sent Everton down?

It’s the taking part that counts. 

Nope.  I'll never be that bitter or small-minded.

I wanted Liverpool to beat Blackburn on the last day in 1995, and that worked out alright.  When Everton go down, I don't want my celebrations tainted by the misery of a Liverpool defeat.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I will never look fondly on a Liverpool defeat.

I did once, Blackburn home in 1995. We did not loose and it ended well, but I was hoping to loose. Shame on me but nobody’s perfect …

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nope.  I'll never be that bitter or small-minded.

I wanted Liverpool to beat Blackburn on the last day in 1995, and that worked out alright.  When Everton go down, I don't want my celebrations tainted by the misery of a Liverpool defeat.

You selfish, selfish bastard. 

If previous generations had an attitude like that, you and your loved ones would be speaking German and eating sauerkraut for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

Sometimes you've got to make a sacrifice for the greater good. It's what Captain Tom Moore would have wanted... 

• Haha 3

On 08/05/2023 at 08:46, Raymond Duck said:

One of my neighbours was the reserve goalie and played a couple of games in the comp that year. I take him for a beer every now and then and he has some great stories about his debut in front of the Kop, Shankly coming in their dressing room at half time and blasting them, and the greatest player he ever played against, Roger Hunt.

Some even better ones about Jimmy Hill when he went to Coventry. Great guy. 

Was chatting with Alan today, he said he was interviewed for the West Ham v Gent programme who he played against the year the won it. Article below for those asking. 

https://www.whufc.com/news/meet-alan-dickie-back-goalkeeper-who-helped-hammers-beat-gent-59-years-ago

• Upvote 3