You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Very rushed. Tried to cram everything in to keep the stories tipping along. Stanis barely in this season yet there he is with a big fuck off army all of a sudden for example.

He said they were going to the wall last season and already had the army so not sure what was so hard to swallow about him turning up. Obviously they him out of the season to make it a more dramatic and unexpected turnaround.

Very rushed. Tried to cram everything in to keep the stories tipping along. Stanis barely in this season yet there he is with a big fuck off army all of a sudden for example.

The wait for next season will be a toughy.

More to the point how the fuck did he get the army through that poxy gate.

Would someone like to explain Arya's motive for leaving the Hound to die? Was it vindictive or that she couldn't go through with it?

It was meant to be vindictive. They came across that dying man earlier in the season, who they gave wine to and put of his misery; that was the compassionate thing to do. Arya left the Hound in great pain and stole his silver, it was definitely played as her being a twat.

It was meant to be vindictive. They came across that dying man earlier in the season, who they gave wine to and put of his misery; that was the compassionate thing to do. Arya left the Hound in great pain and stole his silver, it was definitely played as her being a twat.

Do you reckon? I felt the opposite, that she had a deeper appreciation for life than he does and couldn't bring herself to do it. She had lots of opportunities to kill him and she made no attempt to go with Brienne when she had the chance.

The underlying storyline between the two I thought was one of mutual fascination. She is obviously fascinated by killers/warriors anyway and probably admired his skills. Whereas you got the impression he wanted her to civiise him, the comment about if he'd taken Sansa it being one good memory in his shitty life was poignant.

Do you reckon? I felt the opposite, that she had a deeper appreciation for life than he does and couldn't bring herself to do it. She had lots of opportunities to kill him and she made no attempt to go with Brienne when she had the chance.

The underlying storyline between the two I thought was one of mutual fascination. She is obviously fascinated by killers/warriors anyway and probably admired his skills. Whereas you got the impression he wanted her to civiise him, the comment about if he'd taken Sansa it being one good memory in his shitty life was poignant.

I think if you looked at the scene in isolation, you could read it that way. However, this happened three episodes ago:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ilexr765Fkk

And I think the main purpose of having two scenes which so closely mirror each other is to establish what Arya thinks the right thing to do is and then see how she puts that into practise. She thinks the right thing for someone suffering is death, but she doesn't kill The Hound. To me, it's clear that the writers are saying that it's out of malice and she wanted The Hound to suffer. He's on her list, after all, and there were a thousand other options she could have taken besides him robbing him and fucking off to Bravos.

• Upvote 1

Agree with this.

At first I thought Arya took his gold to go and pay a maester from The Eyrie to come help the Hound.  I still hope that's the case though highly unlikely given the amount of main characters killed off every season.

At first I thought Arya took his gold to go and pay a maester from The Eyrie to come help the Hound. I still hope that's the case though highly unlikely given the amount of main characters killed off every season.

The bit where she took the coins reminded me of when he stole the coins from that farmer. A lot of that scene had echoes of what went before as Kev said. I think she's picked up some of his cold pragmatism though.

I think if you looked at the scene in isolation, you could read it that way. However, this happened three episodes ago:

And I think the main purpose of having two scenes which so closely mirror each other is to establish what Arya thinks the right thing to do is and then see how she puts that into practise. She thinks the right thing for someone suffering is death, but she doesn't kill The Hound. To me, it's clear that the writers are saying that it's out of malice and she wanted The Hound to suffer. He's on her list, after all, and there were a thousand other options she could have taken besides him robbing him and fucking off to Bravos.

That's exactly how I saw it.

Anyone who answers this is getting negged to fuck. Can you not post this question in the thread for those who've read the book, I stay away from that one?

Because I really want to go into a thread that has spoilers in it end to end? The book/timeline is hardly revealing anything is it?

If someone could take the time PM then? Cheers.

Because I really want to go into a thread that has spoilers in it end to end? The book/timeline is hardly revealing anything is it?

If someone could take the time PM then? Cheers.

Sorry mate, I sounded a bit abrupt there, I know that something that was in the epilogue of book 3 was left out of last night's episode as it has pissed off a few book readers I know as they were expecting it to be in last night's show. I believe it is a bit of a game changer and I have no wish to know what this is before I watch it in series 5 or read the books myself.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Agree. She left him to die. Didn't speak. Just pinched the money and let him suffer alone.

Sorry mate, I sounded a bit abrupt there, I know that something that was in the epilogue of book 3 was left out of last night's episode as it has pissed off a few book readers I know as they were expecting it to be in last night's show. I believe it is a bit of a game changer and I have no wish to know what this is before I watch it in series 5 or read the books myself.

Ok mate no worries, I don't wish to ruin the series for anyone. So hopefully someone can PM me. I've only read the first two and been too busy lately. But now I have a massive vet bill and a house to renovate I'll have more time on my hands so looking to pick it up again.

Gutted it's over, although I thought the last episode was quite weak compared to that of previous seasons. One of the strengths of the show - the constantly shifting stories - is also one of the 'potential' problems, there quite literally are no villains left, only Roos Bolton that I can think of.

In the tv series the other "villains" left are Walder Frey and the Whitewalkers

Oh and Littlefinger